• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs- How Many of you are sticklers for schedules?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I feel in the last few years my life has been a mess.....mostly because I've been off a schedule. Since flexibility seems to be the call of the day at work and in some other areas of life, I have felt unorganized for the last few years.

I took Monday off and was able to clean a room in my house, and after doing some reflecting, I've realized that I really need a schedule and to stick with it. I read before that there are some ISTJs who are married to their schedules, but it never occurred to me that a good consistent schedule is what I need.

So between Monday and now I'm mapping out a schedule, doing some trial and error, with the hope that it will get me back on track.

How many of you out there live and die by your schedule?

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I feel the same way, I don't really have a schedule set in stone. At work, things are flexible just like you said. It's kind of annoying.

I feel a lot better when I have a schedule however, that does not mean I live and die by it. I still like to have a few tentative things on there. :yes:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't have a routine that I repeat the same time every day. (I do have routines with steps that go in the same order every time.)

What I usually end up doing is plan out the day, or whatever stretch of time is needed to complete something, then I use that schedule for that time-frame. Before I do it, I move tasks around in my mind into an order that seems it will work best.

Would I want a routine? I don't know... I have felt pretty sloppy and unorganized in recent years, too.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
IZthe411 .. Did you find though that the flexibility in work helped in some way to not require a schedule 24/7? (Sorry, poorly worded)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
IZthe411 .. Did you find though that the flexibility in work helped in some way to not require a schedule 24/7? (Sorry, poorly worded)

The ability to be flexible is a good thing- If that wasn't the case I wouldn't have been able be successful there. While I was flexible, I felt unorganized, and in some respects (mostly personal), things would not get done, and it made me feel worse.

Since I'm one to get stuck on one thing at a time, whatever else is necessary gets pushed to the side- in my mind. For instance, I am notoriously late paying bills (for those where there's no autopay)- because, if I don't schedule time to write bills, they won't get done. So if I schedule 9am-930 to write checks, if something happens and that doesn't happen, I won't write checks, maybe for weeks.

I don't need the 24/7 schedule though. Like Cimarron and d@v3, I need the basic structure, not something rigid with no room for movement.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Since I'm one to get stuck on one thing at a time, whatever else is necessary gets pushed to the side- in my mind. For instance, I am notoriously late paying bills (for those where there's no autopay)- because, if I don't schedule time to write bills, they won't get done. So if I schedule 9am-930 to write checks, if something happens and that doesn't happen, I won't write checks, maybe for weeks.

I don't need the 24/7 schedule though. Like Cimarron and d@v3, I need the basic structure, not something rigid with no room for movement.

*Vision going dark, feeling light headed, possible fainting moment coming on*
:D

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I don't really have a schedule to follow. But things are pretty uneventful at my house. There wouldn't be much to put on a schedule.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
See don't get me wrong. In the past i was sooo anal when it came to getting everything done on time. Bills were NEVER late :p, everybody knew their role etc etc.

Recently, although i started putting money into my savings account to cover my bills for the month. I have given up on that idea and just keep all the cash in my current a/c. I roughly know when they are due, if the cash is not in there, oh well, just go into my overdraft until i check my online banking. Now i just go with the flow. Don't stress the little things anymore.
Just stress my personality type. :doh:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OMG I hate admitting this because it's such an SJ stereotype but I love routines and schedules. What can I say? They are comforting. I love them. I am sooo lost without my Palm. I function better with schedules when it comes to work or my other responsibilities. (Is everyone not like this???) When it comes to play I prefer that it not be scheduled and I will cringe if it is. I feel like my responsibilities are so scheduled, why should I have to schedule fun things too?

As for bill paying, I'm really good at that by now, and yes, I do schedule it haha. I even find it fun. (Oh gawd, I'm sounding more and more "SJ" by the minute. :doh:)

Izthe411, you may want to keep checking back for autopay with each company that you pay to. More and more companies are setting it up.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
OMG I hate admitting this because it's such an SJ stereotype but I love routines and schedules. What can I say? They are comforting. I love them. I am sooo lost without my Palm. I function better with schedules when it comes to work or my other responsibilities. (Is everyone not like this???) When it comes to play I prefer that it not be scheduled and I will cringe if it is. I feel like my responsibilities are so scheduled, why should I have to schedule fun things too?

As for bill paying, I'm really good at that by now, and yes, I do schedule it haha. I even find it fun. (Oh gawd, I'm sounding more and more "SJ" by the minute. :doh:)

Izthe411, you may want to keep checking back for autopay with each company that you pay to. More and more companies are setting it up.

Yeah I was kind of against it because I liked knowing what I was paying, and making sure they weren't sticking me for more money than I owed. But I'm not good with sitting down and writing checks or going online to make the payment. Whenever I can I do the auto withdrawal, so it's one and done.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I don't really follow a schedule. If I have to get something done, I'll usually either do it at the moment or put it off for a little while. I don't set a time to do things. However, sometimes I will plan out the day in my head - I will say get this thing done, and make sure this gets done.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah I was kind of against it because I liked knowing what I was paying, and making sure they weren't sticking me for more money than I owed. But I'm not good with sitting down and writing checks or going online to make the payment. Whenever I can I do the auto withdrawal, so it's one and done.

Yep. :yes:

If you spend more time on the computer rather than looking at papers, it also helps to have online billing. I try to have it with everything I can (saves paper too :yay:) and I can view my bill while I'm doing something else at the same time. Even at work but that's a secret. shhh :ninja:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
this thread makes me weep. :cry:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I can't imagine how anyone would ever feel peace or pleasure with a schedule. It's just a different way of thinking, is all. Didn't mean to derail your thread...

I have so many reminders on my bberry, the damn thing is always buzzing. I don't even look at it anymore.

/DG/

This thread reminds me of Monica from Friends. :tongue:

Do you guys keep physical schedules of things?

Whenever I have to do something, I usually just try to remember it in my head. Let me also add that I'm very forgetful, so that doesn't work out too well most of the time. If it's really important I'll write on my hand or find a piece of paper and scribble it down. I don't really plan a whole lot of things I suppose.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't imagine how anyone would ever feel peace or pleasure with a schedule. It's just a different way of thinking, is all. Didn't mean to derail your thread...

I have so many reminders on my bberry, the damn thing is always buzzing. I don't even look at it anymore.

Ahh, but that just means that you are over scheduled. And I suspect that you prefer it that way (I only say this cos you remind me so much of my sister, who I love dearly). Am I wrong?

Do you guys keep physical schedules of things?

You mean like a paper or electronic schedule? Yes, yes, I do keep one, but I did not when I was in high school like you are. I didn't need one.

/DG/

You mean like a paper or electronic schedule? Yes, yes, I do keep one, but I did not when I was in high school like you are. I didn't need one.

True true. I wonder if I'll plan more things after high school. :/

Looks like I already posted in here, whoops.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
True true. I wonder if I'll plan more things after high school. :/

Looks like I already posted in here, whoops.

You should plan to post in here more.