• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's .. Are you content with your type?

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Jumping in a bit late. Wow Poppy now we have you and SubjectA to converse back and forth with. :nice:

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Allow the Fi to continue. It is quite amazing to see. Now can you just turn yourself into a 30+ year old male so i can date you. Lol ;)
Effemdoubleyou recently stated "NTs need to learn that not everything needs to make sense to work. Especially love."
So there are apparently male INTJs out there with one of these: :heart:
Best of luck finding one in meatspace though.

Jumping in a bit late. Wow Poppy now we have you and SubjectA to converse back and forth with. :nice:

I don't know SubjectA very well but I'm glad we've passed inspection ;)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Effemdoubleyou recently stated "NTs need to learn that not everything needs to make sense to work. Especially love."
So there are apparently male INTJs out there with one of these: :heart:
Best of luck finding one in meatspace though.

I was swooning at that comment earlier. :blush:. I am watching from a distance. There is no obstacle to big for me, you want it then you have to get it. :)

You so have my attention now. How/why are you in Fi overdrive? This is not something i see at all with yourselves esp online. Don't get me wrong, i think it is great and you have advantage points over your fellow men. Have you just worked on it? Very curious. Hmmm.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I was swooning at that comment earlier. :blush:. I am watching from a distance. There is no obstacle to big for me, you want it then you have to get it. :)

You so have my attention now. How/why are you in Fi overdrive? This is not something i see at all with yourselves esp online. Don't get me wrong, i think it is great and you have advantage points over your fellow men. Have you just worked on it? Very curious. Hmmm.

Fi usually just runs in the background. For me to express it, I think requires a little Fe, and it takes extra effort (now I'll be exhausted and have to go read about physics or something to recharge). But your comments peaked my interest, and I was somewhat sad to think of SJs wishing that they had some of the abilities associated with N, because well...I never find myself wishing I had SJ, F, or SP abilities (sounds pretty arrogant but it's true).

Plus sometimes I recognize that people deserve to hear something nice, so I whip up a little F :yes: It makes it much easier to get along with people.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Fi usually just runs in the background. For me to express it, I think requires a little Fe, and it takes extra effort (now I'll be exhausted and have to go read about physics or something to recharge). But your comments peaked my interest, and I was somewhat sad to think of SJs wishing that they had some of the abilities associated with N, because well...I never find myself wishing I had SJ, F, or SP abilities (sounds pretty arrogant but it's true).

Plus sometimes I recognize that people deserve to hear something nice, so I whip up a little F :yes: It makes it much easier to get along with people.

I think it is great in the sense you are able to immerse yourself using different traits to appeal to a larger crowd. Now i perceive that to be easier for your type than mine.
Today i tried to turn off my SF (i cant get my head round this Fe, Si, Ne, Ti, no matter how much reading i do) and go deep in a conversation. I am pretty proud of myself for my comments, as it's not seen often. Yet looking back, its still so SF.
I don't see what your saying as arrogant. Its just the truth. Fair does.
I was talking to an ENTP on here and this person said that they choose their words as they dont want to upset us. Although i respect what they are doing. Its like special treatment and i dont want that. Whatever someone says, it can always be misinterpreted. If i was to get the wrong end of the stick, its up to me to ask questions instead of being sensitive and just reacting.
I know to be NT is to one with yourself, but i like your thought process, i like the theoretical aspects. I suppose you can always be a little envious of what you don't have.

Oh well. I am stuck with it so i better use it to my advantage. :D

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Ok, actually it occurred to me that what I said did not accurately convey the shade of meaning I meant to...well, I'm a little OCD so I have to clarify. When I say that I think I someone deserves to hear something nice, it isn't because I don't genuinely believe that something nice...rather that I would normally express it in much more subtle ways (doing helpful things, making food, smiles and nods) but sometimes I think I ought to express it verbally (or pseudo verbally) because this is what would be most pleasing to the other party and I want to try to meet them on their ground (or in this case because I cannot make you SJs cookies). The problem for me is that I always feel like there's some discrepancy between how it looks on the inside and how it looks once it's expressed.

Lol ok I'm done now that I've gone way off topic.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Ok, actually it occurred to me that what I said did not accurately convey the shade of meaning I meant to...well, I'm a little OCD so I have to clarify. When I say that I think I someone deserves to hear something nice, it isn't because I don't genuinely believe that something nice...rather that I would normally express it in much more subtle ways (doing helpful things, making food, smiles and nods) but sometimes I think I ought to express it verbally (or pseudo verbally) because this is what would be most pleasing to the other party and I want to try to meet them on their ground (or in this case because I cannot make you SJs cookies). The problem for me is that I always feel like there's some discrepancy between how it looks on the inside and how it looks once it's expressed.
Lol ok I'm done now that I've gone way off topic.

Is that possibly due to your perception and trying to cater/adapt your thinking/actions to someone else's. I do exactly the same when it comes to expressing my views. To me, everything makes sense, even if it is a jumbled mess. Conveying my thoughts though to another, well i always question it.
I am not even sure if i am on the same page as you, or just skipped a few.
?????

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Is that possibly due to your perception and trying to cater/adapt your thinking/actions to someone else's. I do exactly the same when it comes to expressing my views. To me, everything makes sense, even if it is a jumbled mess. Conveying my thoughts though to another, well i always question it.
I am not even sure if i am on the same page as you, or just skipped a few.
?????

Yeah, that's it, something just gets lost in translation because it's like speaking a second language. I think that must be one of the problems associated with using a function that you don't prefer (for me that's especially Fe, although Si is technically my 8th) and for you it's Te. In these cases it's especially bad because we're both trying to use the extroverted versions so it comes out kind of garbled. :blush: But it is awesome when you can successfully use it, even for a little bit.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm afraid I missed a couple pages of this, so am not jumping in where I normally would have, but I also wanted to echo Poppy in that I'm glad to see some SJs that have stuck around and contributed. I like meeting N types because I don't encounter them all over the place in real life. However, I also have come to appreciate SJs a lot and need the perspectives you have to offer. These are rarely accessible to us through the SJs we know and love in real life, because they are more likely to hold back. There's a lot for me to learn from you and people seem comfortable talking more openly here.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you ever have moments where you just wish you could be any other type?

Nope, I me. I'll become the man I was destined to be. My ideals and values guide me, my dreams inspire me, my faith transforms me, and my God is sufficient for me. All of which are helping to shape me into the man I was meant to be.

How do you deal with your weaknesses?

I work at them, and let God, time, and my experiences do the rest. Practice helps.

Is it easy for you to accept what/who you are?

Why wouldn't it be? I'm not perfect, not by a long shot. Sometimes, I down right suck. I can only do so much about it though. I am who I am. I can work to better myself, but beyond that, it's not worth stressing about. I'm vigilant towards areas in which I can improve and I try to enjoy the moment.

Do you ever have moments where you wish you never took the test?

Yes and no. It's a tool. I never really had much of a choice any way. What happened happened. There is nothing I can do to change it. How would I know that I would be better off without it? I don't. I'll live and I'll use it as a tool both to help shape who I am and to help me understand others within reason.

How do you feel about yourself compared to the other types?

I'm me. We each individually define our type. The type shouldn't define us. Each person is different. Beautiful in their own way. We have to come to realize that. The rose is made more beautiful because of it's thorns.

I ask because i am currently doing this in my head ..
An ESFJ at odds with self is a remarkable sight. When a decision must be made, especially one involving the risk of conflict (abhorrent to ESFJs), there ensues an in-house wrestling match between the aforementioned black-and-white Values and the Nemesis of Discord. The contender pits self against self, once firmly deciding with the Right, then switching to Prudence to forestall hostilities, countered by unswerving Values, ad exhaustium, winner take all.

Thanks. :)

Glad I could tender a response.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Eagle, You mentioned 'The rose is made more beautiful because of it's thorns'.
Its funny you should say that as i have referred to myself as a rose bush and the thorns are my weaknesses that i dislike.
Hmmm, interesting.

Thanks Habba for that .. Yeah, i suppose it was OK. :)

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
No. I never really think about it. I try to mature in areas where I see my immaturity, but I don't think about personality in terms of "what if's."

Make note of them, ponder their negative effect on others and on the world around me, and come up with ideas of how to combat them.

Sometimes. It is easy to accept the things I cannot change. Weaknesses and immaturity or wrong choices are very hard for me to accept. I beat myself up over my mistakes and struggle with moving on.

No.

I see things in other types I admire and often wonder what it would be like to see the world as they see it. I look at certain aspects of my character that come naturally to my personality type and I'm inspired to learn from the people around me how to be less rigid, more sure of myself, more laid back, etc.

An ESFJ at odds with self is a remarkable sight. When a decision must be made, especially one involving the risk of conflict (abhorrent to ESFJs), there ensues an in-house wrestling match between the aforementioned black-and-white Values and the Nemesis of Discord. The contender pits self against self, once firmly deciding with the Right, then switching to Prudence to forestall hostilities, countered by unswerving Values, ad exhaustium, winner take all.
Gotta say I hate it when that happens. :cry:

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9

No. Generally I like what I am.

Try to twist them and use them for good.

It's doable

No, but I fear that I sometimes mold myself to fit descriptions.

I may not look like much, but when it counts, I can be counted on.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eagle, You mentioned 'The rose is made more beautiful because of it's thorns'.
Its funny you should say that as i have referred to myself as a rose bush and the thorns are my weaknesses that i dislike.
Hmmm, interesting.

Thanks Habba for that .. Yeah, i suppose it was OK. :)

Interesting.. I hadn't even read all of your post because I was in a hurry. Cool. :headphne:

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP

Yes. I really wish I could be an ESTJ. I hate being introverted. I like people and I like to have friends, but I don't feel like I'm good enough at dealing with them.

There isn't much I can do about it as long as I'm still here, but hopefully once I go to college I'll be able to deal with it.

For the most part, but I feel like my life is going to go downhill if things don't change soon.

No. I like the whole concept of personality typing, and descriptions of my type are quite accurate, even the more cynical descriptions.

I think I have a pretty good type, but of course, I don't believe that introversion is a good thing.

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Interesting questions.

Not exactly.

That would take a long time to explain. But, the first step of course is to realize what they are.

Most of me yes, but the parts I don't like I REALLY don't like.

Nope, knowledge is power!

I wish I was either good at fitting in and adjusting myself to people like the FPs and FJs often are or magnetizing people like the NPs can do or that I just really didn't care, like the NTs. Basically, the biggest thing I wish I could change about myself is my difficulty with talking much in the early stages of any relationship. I feel like my interests might be "burdensome" to other people (because I am a naturally intense person) and so I have a really hard time being talkative until I have "figured out" what a person would and would not want to talk about and how deep they would tolerate going. I wish this could be easier!