• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's .. Are you content with your type?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Do you ever have moments where you just wish you could be any other type?

How do you deal with your weaknesses?

Is it easy for you to accept what/who you are?

Do you ever have moments where you wish you never took the test?

How do you feel about yourself compared to the other types?

I ask because i am currently doing this in my head ..
An ESFJ at odds with self is a remarkable sight. When a decision must be made, especially one involving the risk of conflict (abhorrent to ESFJs), there ensues an in-house wrestling match between the aforementioned black-and-white Values and the Nemesis of Discord. The contender pits self against self, once firmly deciding with the Right, then switching to Prudence to forestall hostilities, countered by unswerving Values, ad exhaustium, winner take all.

Thanks. :)

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Yes, there are times when I wish I was more like INTJ's. Stoic and wise without feeling the need to prove it.

I just have to learn to accept them, it is much easier than wishing I was born with another personality type. Besides being SFJ isn't bad, just different than most forumers on here.

As stated above, most definitely. :yes:

No, I am glad to know more aspects of myself, both good and bad. Although to which degree may vary since we can identify closely with other types. That which I could never fathom means that it was something that I have never experienced. Humans on the whole are able to relate to others, somehow.. I even had a yes and no conversation with an old lady that spoke only Japanese. :D

I have different qualities then others. I have to stop trying to compare myself to others and recognize what is good about me. Crap most of the worlds most wealthiest persons have never had a degree, even those who were experts in their field, while admired are never remembered out of their specialized field. My grandmother and my mom made more major impacts in my life. Besides everyone is so caught up in their own lives or more like "in their own heads" they couldn't be bothered by others to occupy their attention more than a few mortal seconds.. End rant. LOL

I ask because i am currently doing this in my head ..
An ESFJ at odds with self is a remarkable sight. When a decision must be made, especially one involving the risk of conflict (abhorrent to ESFJs), there ensues an in-house wrestling match between the aforementioned black-and-white Values and the Nemesis of Discord. The contender pits self against self, once firmly deciding with the Right, then switching to Prudence to forestall hostilities, countered by unswerving Values, ad exhaustium, winner take all.

Thanks. :)

Your great, people love you. You don't need to change, just find people who make you feel better. Sometimes I turn to reading for that needed change of pace..

AND never compare yourself to another person, as I have read before, we don't know what their purpose here on this earth is. Although I hate religion, we don't know God's purpose for us either. Everything in nature is always created in balance, even physics could be applied to international relations.. :laugh:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I need to explain this as i am not looking for any sympathy or anything. I will answer my own questions some other time.

I am trying to work out 3 big things in my head at the moment thats been going on since yesterday. I am trying not to view them from my normal perspective so i don't feel so bogged down and stressed so taking a different approach. Its not working at all. Infact i feel like i am so going against the grain that i'm beating myself up and becoming too sensitive which i don't want to be. Like above, i am pitting me against me but i am not finding any resolve in my 3 issues. Yet if i be 'me' i am going to worry.
*Heads explodes so not having to worry*
Does that make sense?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Sometimes I think ISTJs are damned being social retards... but then I start to think which type I would rather be... and well, they are all flawed. And I love the good traits in myself. So in the end, I'll be ISTJ again when I reroll my character.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm content with my type, now that I know what my tendencies are. Had I not educated myself through MBTI, I'd probably be somewhere miserable.

If I could, I'd like to trade my S for an N. 2 friends of mines are INTJs- I typed them before they took the test, and the test confirmed it. We are very alike, except that they seem to keep their cool- all the time. Yes they come off a little arrogant. And they aren't the best in relationships. But they are cool dudes.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Thank you Eiddy, Habba and 411. :D
I started thinking after reading a thread asking if people hated their type profile/description. So i started looking into it, ESFJ and SJ's. I must say it is pretty depressing reading. Now add in the 3 issues i am trying to rationise and come to conclusions on and the fact i am trying to view everything in a different/new light. Well it just got me down.

Sometimes it feels like your just not doing the right thing, be it not being intellectual enough, people choosing their words carefully. I am aware not everyone will get on with everyone. I also hate the generalisation. I don't like to judge books by the covers, yet it seems others do.

Being very open to people i suppose sets me up for criticism. Constructive i don't mind but condasending .. Hmmmm. I just take each day at a time.

This site has helped so much. At times though, it can be quite testing.
I like parts of me, i dislike other parts.

Yep. Although i have met some super nice people here.

xNxx. I don't feel smart enough.
xSxx. I get where they are coming from.

I don't know. Maybe its just an off day (or 2).
:)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Thank you Eiddy, Habba and 411. :D
I started thinking after reading a thread asking if people hated their type profile/description. So i started looking into it, ESFJ and SJ's. I must say it is pretty depressing reading. Now add in the 3 issues i am trying to rationise and come to conclusions on and the fact i am trying to view everything in a different/new light. Well it just got me down.

Sometimes it feels like your just not doing the right thing, be it not being intellectual enough, people choosing their words carefully. I am aware not everyone will get on with everyone. I also hate the generalisation. I don't like to judge books by the covers, yet it seems others do.

Being very open to people i suppose sets me up for criticism. Constructive i don't mind but condasending .. Hmmmm. I just take each day at a time.

This site has helped so much. At times though, it can be quite testing.
I like parts of me, i dislike other parts.

Yep. Although i have met some super nice people here.

xNxx. I don't feel smart enough.
xSxx. I get where they are coming from.

I don't know. Maybe its just an off day (or 2).
:)

Now I wish I had more F....My SFP girlfriend is getting annoyed at my lack of emotion/feeling. Can I borrow yours saslou? :cheese:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Now I wish I had more F....My SFP girlfriend is getting annoyed at my lack of emotion/feeling. Can I borrow yours saslou? :cheese:

Of course. You can have it all, its a bloody hinderance anyway. ;)
We can swap, i'll have your T and you have my F.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
It's alright I guess. :/ I don't particularly like this SJ tag being attached to me.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Of course. You can have it all, its a bloody hinderance anyway. ;)
We can swap, i'll have your T and you have my F.

:rofl1:

LOL I'll give it back right after I get over this tiff with the lady. LOL.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
It's alright I guess. :/ I don't particularly like this SJ tag being attached to me.

I saw something earlier on a thread where someone said something on the lines of 'We SJ's like to be part of a group but not put in a box' Yeah, the SJ box. :)

:rofl1:

LOL I'll give it back right after I get over this tiff with the lady. LOL.

Didn't mention the one stipulation. You have to keep it forever. :devil:

Tell the lady to get back in the kitchen. Maybe not. :blush:
(sorry, just my silly humour. You may end up in the dog house tonight)

/DG/

I saw something earlier on a thread where someone said something on the lines of 'We SJ's like to be part of a group but not put in a box' Yeah, the SJ box. :)

Exactly! :yes:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
^^

+1.

Lets burn the SJ box .. Not quite sure how we can go about it though?

/DG/

I dunno. I'm not one to come up with ideas. :p

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Crap .. My ideas become extreme. OK here goes.

1) Start a thread asking other SJ's how they feel about the whole SJ in a box thing.

2) If we get enough support, remove the SJ from our info.

3) If we don't get support, we put up and shut up.

4) Well we can't remove ourselves from society as it needs us. So hiding from the world but setting up a SJ cult won't really help.

5) My ideas are boring. I would rather attempt to blow up parliament or spread the word like in V for Vendetta.

Need help .. Anyone???

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Do you feel the SJ box is self-imposed or imposed by others?

Would you be happier if your box looked a little splashier like the SPs or velvety like the NFs or the NT kind that's made out of the same metal as those fancy looking fridges (except engineered not to end up with fingerprints all over it)?

/DG/

I suppose a fun-looking box would be nicer. :alttongue:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
But yours is the box the rest of us all ask to put our stuff in for safe-keeping.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
But the SJ box is soooooo nice. Service, nice, helping, nice, loyal, nice.

I look at it and think how bloody boring. Where is the mention of the fun things we do. Be it planned or not. We can have a good time too. As shown below.

:party2::yay::banana::yim_rolling_on_the_:popc1::moonwalk::static::drummerboy::cheers:

/DG/

But the SJ box is soooooo nice. Service, nice, helping, nice, loyal, nice.

I look at it and think how bloody boring. Where is the mention of the fun things we do. Be it planned or not. We can have a good time too. As shown below.

:party2::yay::banana::yim_rolling_on_the_:popc1::moonwalk::static::drummerboy::cheers:

:happy0065:

Can I get a woop woop? :laugh: