• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's .. Are you content with your type?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
OK, so its just taken all of 2 mins. Should of spent more time on the wording but it'll do for now. You get the idea.

Last edited:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
LOL! Are those people dancing in the second picture or are they playing charades? :alttongue:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am hoping dancing and just being happy with each others company.
:)

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Crap .. My ideas become extreme. OK here goes.

1) Start a thread asking other SJ's how they feel about the whole SJ in a box thing.

What thing is this SJ Box? No sense makes you. :unsure:

For the thread starting post:

Do you ever have moments where you wish you never took the test?

No, never. Ignorance may feel like bliss, but knowledge is power, even in self-understanding.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
What thing is this SJ Box? No sense makes you. :unsure:

For the thread starting post:

Do you ever have moments where you wish you never took the test?

No, never. Ignorance may feel like bliss, but knowledge is power, even in self-understanding.

Hahaha. Normally being my helpful self i would explain to you how we came to be here regarding the SJ box. Instead i am going to ask you to read from page 1 Disneygeeks message onwards and that will bring you upto speed. :devil:

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instead i am going to ask you to read from page 1 Disneygeeks message onwards and that will bring you upto speed. :devil:

Nope, that didn't do any good.

Or... do you mean that SJ box is something... Abstract? :huh:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Nope, that didn't do any good.

Or... do you mean that SJ box is something... Abstract? :huh:

Abstract .. lmao. You are funny.

OK, you have read up on your type yeah. If you read about SJ's, it can be pretty depressing reading. There you go.

Traditionalists

Disney said she didn't like being tagged as SJ, i agreed after reading someone on here mentioning that although SJ's like to be part of a group they don't like being in a box.

This is where we are now .. The SJ box sucks.

Edit - Am i being abstract???? I don't even know.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Hi Habba - I'm guessing that English isn't your first language. If that's the case, what they mean by box is a set of stereotypes that they feel all people believe they fit into. For example, that SJs are responsible, hard-working, reliable, but not very fun or spontaneous. They feel that is unfair for people to assume about them because it is not accurate. They feel boxed in by the stereotypes. Hope that's helpful for you...

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The SJ box is just as bad as the people in it!

Ignore the sad reading, and read something happy instead. I think Guardian temperament - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is happy read.

Edit: Fidelia, I was suspecting as much, but when they started talking about colors, I got confused if there was some graphical tag I was not seeing. :D And down with the abstract things, we are in SJ section for crying out loud. :laugh:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah, the SJ box. :doh: It's not something I've ever experienced or had to deal with irl, only on this forum so I don't worry too much about it. I think that says more about this forum than about me.

As for my type yeah I'm content with it. The only thing i've ever wanted to change was maybe being a little less introverted becuase it seems that being extroverted makes it easier to make friends and generally people think negatively of and discriminate against introverts. But since I've been on this forum and learned about other types I have found some of them to be pretty admirable and down right cool and I wouldn't mind switching for like a week or so. Sure. I'd give INTP a try. I want to be one of those kick ass INTP females for a while. Or ENFJ would be cool too. I'd lasso a few folks for fun with my awesomeness. And ESxP would be barrels of fun too. :D

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Edit: Fidelia, I was suspecting as much, but when they started talking about colors, I got confused if there was some graphical tag I was not seeing. :D And down with the abstract things, we are in SJ section for crying out loud. :laugh:

Well, to be fair, I was actually thinking of a physical box when I read about it. Like this perhaps:

138629300_229972d9a7.jpg

:alttongue:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
That's a beautiful box but wouldn't you feel more comfortable if you made yourselves a door and a window and a window box full of flowers? Oh, and how about putting it someplace pretty so you can get a nice view while you are relaxing inside your box.
:hi:

Well, to be fair, I was actually thinking of a physical box when I read about it. Like this perhaps:

138629300_229972d9a7.jpg

:alttongue:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
That's a beautiful box but wouldn't you feel more comfortable if you made yourselves a door and a window and a window box full of flowers? Oh, and how about putting it someplace pretty so you can get a nice view while you are relaxing inside your box.
:hi:

That's a good thought. :)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
It's alright I guess. :/ I don't particularly like this SJ tag being attached to me.

Agreed. SJ's are very different too. For example, an ISTJ is very different from an ESFJ. Also, the SJ tag is not accurate. I don't find myself liking or relating to the "SJ" type. I relate to the ISTJ type, which I like a lot. It's the second most common type in the world if I recall, and it's a type that can get you through life pretty well. It's really a great type.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
That.... doesn't look fun....

So what picture would you use to stereotype all SJ's having fun..
(Harder than it looks, when you factor the E/I, F/T).

:)

If i had to narrow it down i would say (based on my own opinion of fun) ..
For the I/E .. I'd go with.

after-party-girl.jpg

447569961PgPTnG_fs.jpg

Could be totally wrong though.

Snow Turtle

Hahaha oh dear. That's some funny picture. Why does the girl look so unhappy with her upside down smile though. Awww... :O

bornslippy

Hi all, first time poster -- prepare to be dazzled (and/or I'm talking out of my ...). Saslou, I've read a few of your posts recently. My girlfriend is eSFJ, and shares in some of your insecurities. Couple things:

Sometimes it feels like your just not doing the right thing, be it not being intellectual enough, people choosing their words carefully.

Agreed that this can be intentionally patronizing/condescending, but 'tis also an honest NP tendency -- searching for a particular word in order to articulate exactly one's intuition or thought/feeling processes. I do this especially when asked to explain/rationalize some crazy blanket statement I've spouted off, or if I've drawn a conclusion from a pair of seemingly random data points.

I don't like to judge books by the covers, yet it seems others do.

Like it or not, J's judge (according to innately installed yes/no good/bad rule structures). Your statement could be re-written as, "I don't like to judge others, but here I go labeling anyhow." Applying the concept of projection, the only reason being pigeon-holed/generalized would bug you so much is because you unconsciously (or consciously) realize that you do it to others all the time. The nature of J is to accept past-experience as correct and evaluate new experience against it, versus P's searching for meaning within individual occurrences.

How do you feel about yourself compared to the other types?

xNxx. I don't feel smart enough.
xSxx. I get where they are coming from.

I'm reminded of an "If I could be Aristotle I would be" comment you made in another thread. My gf has related to me that she always wished she could be a nerd but just isn't capable.

In my experience this is quite the double-edged sword. A realization/assumption such as this (my brain just doesn't work that way; its not me) could be deemed self-knowledge, but realistically is also self-fulfilling prophecy. I've seen how capable a learner she is when she's not busy doubting herself or wondering what other people will think of her, and have pointed out that if she spent as much time reading wiki entries, watching lectures on Google Video and debating random ideas on web forums as I do (versus watching Friends re-runs, working out/running 4-5 times a week, going for coffee with friends, managing a busy shower/party gifting schedule, etc.) her ability to read into the abstract or to contemplate complexity would likely grow. However, this doesn't fit with her internal network of value judgments -- it's something her brother would find easy, but not her.

Book smarts or no, I would suggest you get over society's book definition of "intelligence" and realize you have genius that other types are simply not capable of. Actually, hrm ... maybe I'm confused ... telling an SJ to take on an opposite view than that of prevailing society ...? Tee hee.

Also, the SJ tag is not accurate. I don't find myself liking or relating to the "SJ" type. I relate to the ISTJ type, which I like a lot. It's the second most common type in the world if I recall, and it's a type that can get you through life pretty well. It's really a great type.

"I don't like or relate to generalizations. Except this one which I highly identify with. It's great because there's lots of us so I fit in."

Seems pretty black and white, no?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Also, the SJ tag is not accurate. I don't find myself liking or relating to the "SJ" type. I relate to the ISTJ type, which I like a lot. It's the second most common type in the world if I recall, and it's a type that can get you through life pretty well. It's really a great type.

"I don't like or relate to generalizations. Except this one which I highly identify with. It's great because there's lots of us so I fit in."

Seems pretty black and white, no?

Haha, easy there, Slippy. First off, what I said is that I don't relate to the "SJ" type overall. People lump the SJs together (I guess because of the either Dominant or Auxiliary Si). Because of this lumping, there have been some... let's say... stereotypes placed upon the SJs in general. What I'm saying is I do not like these stereotypes or characteristics that people place on the SJs, and I certainly don't relate to them.

It makes more sense to characterize based on the 16 different types. An example of this reasoning (that I've already given) is that ISTJs are very different from ESFJs. Thus, I relate to the ISTJs, which have their own characteristics altogether. I do not relate to the overall characteristics or the stereotypes created about the SJs. That's what I am saying. Just clearing up whatever doubts you may have.