• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] What would be a good gift to get an ISFJ?

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I have an male ISFJ and a female ISFJ whose birthdays are coming up. What is something they would like? Something to relax them?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Not a clue for the male.

For a female friend, i would buy them a spa day. Something where they could be pampered. Or a beauty salon where they could get a massage and a facial.

Lightning_Rider

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I have no idea actually lol. I always think about what I would like someone to get me if they were to give me a gift and I can't think of anything.

I'll see what other people say and see if I agree with it though.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm generally appreciative of any gift, but gifts that come from the heart are my favorite.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
A frying pan for the male, and fine china for the female come to mind. They might both also appreciate a Swiffer duster to help with dust if they don't already have one. ;)

ISFJs can be a little paranoid about germs, so anything antibacterial might be worth looking into as well.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A frying pan for the male, and fine china for the female come to mind. They might both also appreciate a Swiffer duster to help with dust if they don't already have one. ;)

ISFJs can be a little paranoid about germs, so anything antibacterial might be worth looking into as well.

^Dont listen to him.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have an male ISFJ and a female ISFJ whose birthdays are coming up. What is something they would like? Something to relax them?

Has little to do with their MBTI. Find out what they like and get something along those lines.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Well, I bought my ISFJ a gift that was connected to her SiFe-functions:

Si: Something that binds to past. Something that has worth because of specific event in the past. Something that will remind of some good past experience.

Fe: Something that binds me, the gift and her together. Something that we share together. Something that has worth because it was given by me, and not by someone else.

Basically that was a CD from a band we went to see together few months back. She's into music and likes buying CDs because of she feels the CD casing is as important as the disc itself (I mean.. all the art, intros on the cover leaflet, the feeling of brand new album, etc.) I thought it was a perfect gift, and she seemed to like it.

So, everytime she sees or hears the music, she can associate it with her birthday, me remembering her with a present and the concert we were in. I think SiFe's like that kind of things.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
she feels the CD casing is as important as the disc itself (I mean.. all the art, intros on the cover leaflet, the feeling of brand new album, etc.)

I'm like this too. lol

Snow Turtle

I'm cool with a day out.

Usually when it comes to presents though... Nothing particular comes to mind as a male ISFJ. I appreciate my INFJ friends cards and all that, but only because they are a special friend to me. To be honest, most things will be treasured as a gift.

Buy me a nintendo Wii?
Oh - Those gaming plushies might be quite cool. But what MacGuffin said.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Simple: Don't get him what he wants. Get him what he should want.

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

They're individuals. What kinds of things do they like?

If you don't know, I'm sure they'll like anything that has a lot of thought put into it. They might enjoy something homemade.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Hmm.. What would I like. A great friendship and a day out with a friend, touring the town. If that is not possible.. small gold hoop earrings. :D

For a male, digital something or other, but not a picture frame?! lol

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

Just get them whatever they like. That is irrespective of type.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I recommend getting a gift symbolic to the history between you two. It shows you appreciate the relationship you have and kindles reminiscing.

Alternatively, simply getting something that captures their interest. Anyone feels special knowing you've been paying attention.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I think it is type related, because our personality defines our type and our personality defines what kind of gifts we like. But of course, it isn't that simple. One can't say that certain type would like a certain type of gift. But it helps.

It's easy to think that ISFJ would want something useful, especially something related to cooking, as they are very service oriented and cooking is one of the most common interest for an introverted and service-oriented person. But this could also lead into situtations where ISFJs feel that they are nothing more than service-robots for others, and giving such a gifts might actually make them angry... while of course being extremely polite because they've been given a free gift.

So, in the end.. it's more useful to know the person in question, than to know his/her personality type. But knowing both will get you further. ;)

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Habba love you, but I absolute abhor just being in the kitchen.. Think "The Newest Maxines"! Well, they fit me to a T. lol

If someone got me a frying pan I would probably clobber them over the head with it. Although, I am female I think I would mind getting a power saw to cut down the neighbor's blackberry tree. :devil:

Seriously though yeah I hate being a servicing robot for others. I can't host, entertain, or waitress if my life depended on it. lol

Bottle of perfume or jewelry have always been my favorite gifts.. Just no floral smells, hate anything floral. Hypnotic Poison, Dolce Vita, Dune, or even baby powder will do nicely. Oh and so will cocoa butter or some other coconut or vanilla type smell. I will then adore you. :wubbie:

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I recommend getting a gift symbolic to the history between you two. It shows you appreciate the relationship you have and kindles reminiscing.

+100 :yes:

If I couldn't find anything to buy that symbolised our history together I would make it, an album full of zany pics of us, but an album that looked nice and old, and historic.

Before we had a history together I would choose a gift with a story behind it that was anchored in history, since my isfj BFF love's all things old.

Ie, a poetry book so tatty it was falling apart, but was written in a quill pen, over 150 yrs ago from a charity shop.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
+100 :yes:

If I couldn't find anything to buy that symbolised our history together I would make it, an album full of zany pics of us, but an album that looked nice and old, and historic.

Before we had a history together I would choose a gift with a story behind it that was anchored in history, since my isfj BFF love's all things old.

Ie, a poetry book so tatty it was falling apart, but was written in a quill pen, over 150 yrs ago from a charity shop.

Wow that sounds lovely..