• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] ISFJs and sports

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
ISFJs do you play any sports? Do you enjoy spectating?

What is the common ISFJ stance on sports?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like playing. I'll play anything even if I'm not very good at it. I don't follow any teams closely but I enjoy watching as long as I can feel attached to a team or a player at any given time.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
You seem like a tennis player, Hmm. :cheese:

To anyone that may know: Would there be certain sports that an ISFJ would be more likely to play?

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
My ISFJ friend is very much into sports, but her favourite sport is cricket by far, it's actually her thread in the sports sub forum here, asking if anyone else loves cricket as much as she does.

She watches football too. She doesn't play much sports though, just kickboxing which she loves.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Oh my gosh. Please shoot me.

I wouldn't mind trying tennis.

Does the gym and guitar hero (360) count?

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The ISFJ I know is a coach potato.

She likes running, apparently? And early-morning walks. But I have yet to see evidence of her claims.

Snow Turtle

Not much of a sport player here.

However I want to pick up roller blading, tennis, swimming and bowling. Dancing and Martial arts would be nice as well. :D

Yeah that list ain't going to happen but I shalln't give up YET!

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
However I want to pick up roller blading, tennis, swimming and bowling. Dancing and Martial arts would be nice as well. :D

Yeah that list ain't going to happen but I shalln't give up YET!

That's so funny. I get idea's like .. oh i'd like to try hip hop dance classes
YouTube - Step Up 2: The Streets Final Dance (High Quality)
or i'd like to go paint balling but exactly like yourself i have my list and i know i most probably won't do it, but i am not giving up just yet because you never know. Lol.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
An ISFJ I know loves following sports - mainly (American) football. She likes and plays a little basketball too.

Last edited:

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I hate watching sports, but I will jump on the opportunity to participate. I love gymnastics. I use to practice back in high school along with being on the swim team and life guard training.

I have taken up Kung Fu not active in it now, but give me some money and time. I would be there every night.

I enjoying bicycling, hiking, rollerblading, snowboarding, and daily walks. Can't really do any of that here in Egypt. :cry: But there is always sweating to death. :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You seem like a tennis player, Hmm. :cheese:

I'm alright but I have a funny story to tell about this. One summer when I was little I went to a tennis camp. It was held at the local park and there were about 5 of us little girls there. Most of us were 7 or 8 yo so we all kind of sucked at tennis. lol I remember the instructor was this big scary looking man who reminded me of a lion (the way he looked). He was a regular guy but had a very boisterous personality, was very excitable and pushed us really really hard. Like a drill sergeant. He was good though. I remember wondering why he was so intense for such a game. Then one day he brings us to a different set of courts, one right next to the other, and on the court next to us, there were two little girls who weren't any bigger or older than we were who were BLASTING balls back and forth to each other with the strength and skill of a professional. Nonstop. We all sort of just stood there and stared :shock:. They were head and shoulders above us in terms of skill. Then the instructor tells us that those are his daughters and to pay no attention to them, they're practicing. At that moment I realized "Oooooh! He teaches us kids so his daughters can play for free while he's teaching us!" <<< Know-it-all. lol

Of course, a few years later I saw the same girls, Venus and Serena Williams, with their boisterous father looking on in the crowd, competing on TV in the U.S. Open.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
At that moment I realized "Oooooh! He teaches us kids so his daughters can play for free while he's teaching us!" <<< Know-it-all. lol
:laugh:

So you had played Tennis at one point then. See, I'm good ;). That's an awesome story though. Your tennis coach was the William twin's father... Nice.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:laugh:

So you had played Tennis at one point then. See, I'm good ;). That's an awesome story though. Your tennis coach was the William twin's father... Nice.

Cheers :cheers:

btw your avatar is really cool.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Sorry to pull up such an old thread, just thought it was fun.

But to answer the op I played baseball for ten years played some football in high school I play tennis and shoot hoops for fun and I live for snowboarding.

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Sports are okay. I played volleyball and basketball in junior high. I like tennis alot. I like kickboxing, walking, running, bicycling, snowmobiling and snowboarding. Thanks to my brother growing up, I can throw a mean football.

I HATE watching sports though. It bores me. :doh: