• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Spotting an ISFJ in the Wild

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Stalkers? More like ornothologists (sp) or etymologists. I don't want one to keep! I just want to make sure I have them correctly classified. I figured that the title might bring some otherwise non-participators of the N variety out.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Nice touch with the Queen in there.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
i dont spot them so much.... i listen for what I call the "softie but firmie ISFJ voice". Its in their verbage, and if they dress conservatively....... yep, ISFJ.

My ISFJ friend has had pink hair, and blue hair, and her clothes are very very far from conservative so I wouldn't base my decision of how they dressed.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Does she hang out with other people who dress like that too?

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My ISFJ friend has had pink hair, and blue hair, and her clothes are very very far from conservative so I wouldn't base my decision of how they dressed.

+1 The ISFJ I used to know (recently broke up, but on good terms) also dyed her hair alot - black, red lowlights, then crimson - and the last time I saw her she was wearing a leather jacket. I think her choice of clothing was more of an expression of her interests; she's into rock music, so her choice of clothing reflected this. By all means, it wasn't over the top, and her style had an overriding sense of femininity. She was never fond of skirts, but I put that down to self-consciousness.

Her facial composure was very much like the Queen- stolid, firm, almost cold. That is, if you were unfamiliar. She was soft-spoken with a quiet and tentative voice, with a slow tempo that quickened the instant she was making a negative judgment (which she made quite frequently). You would never see her smile in public, even with her circle of friends around her. However, once she was in a comfortable environment she always had a smile on her face. But funnily enough, never in photographs.

I don't think you'd see ISFJs that often in "the wild", unless their circle of friends are extraverts. The ISFJ I knew lived and died in her bedroom listening to music, in the living room watching TV, on the computer checking out Facebook (perhaps the best thing for an introvert with Fe, because you can check out other peoples lives without having to engage with them all) or out shopping with her ESTJ sister at the local town centre.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I was speaking about her in past tense because they were the characteristics I recalled from our past encounters. We're on good terms, but we no longer spend time around one another; she lives two hours away. I guess I should have said "an ISFJ I used to spend time with", rather than "used to know", hehe. Sorry for the confusion.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I encounter wild ISFJs, I inflict them with poison, wear them down, and then throw a pokeball :D

Moving on... I know one of them, he loves crazy ideas and wild dramatic things even more than I do, and he has an amazing knack for remembering movie lines and quotes. He is really really into classical music, he probably considers his tastes refined. I remember him saying once that he really needs to be in control, when he's not, things get out of hand (he leads a pack of introverts :)) He appears to dress very eccentrically, but really, he just likes traditional things, suits, ties, hats, buttons etc. His room is spotless (I notice because it's the complete opposite of mine :blush:, and its full of pointless little figurines and posters and things, it's rather... stylish? He really seems to value connections between himself and others, he makes sure that he's being chivalrous, at all costs, but it's far more evident around the ladies ;). He also seems to seriously hold grudges with people. That's about all I can gather from him, He fits the profiles stunningly and most of the comments above I can definitely agree with, except for the sports thing. ISFJs, as far as I know, prefer to conserve their energy, but if they really enjoy a sport, they will do it... so, it's probably hard to type them with that...

INFJs are very different...

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I thought this thread title said, "Shooting an ISFJ in the wild." *scratches head*

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hello there.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Hi Giggly.. hi all.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hey Giggly and Eiddy. :hug:

I think i would be able to spot an SJ better than an NJ as i know what i am looking for.

Stereotyping i don't think is a good thing as all ISFJ and ESFJ's didn't come from the same mould and thank god for that. ;)

My brain is a filing system and address book, yet i have misplaced my passport which i would never do usually. It has a place but isn't there. :cry:

Never mind.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
All right, so, there is really no way to spot an ISFJ in their natural surroundings? I mean, It's bad enough seperating them from INFJ's, but what about from ISTJ's? :huh: And I'm talking about females here. :D (The males are rather easy to distinguish from each other.)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I mean, It's bad enough seperating them from INFJ's, but what about from ISTJ's? :huh: And I'm talking about females here. :D (The males are rather easy to distinguish from each other.)

INFJs are so rare you really won't have to worry about that. If you see an IxFJ, 9/10 times, it's going to be an ISFJ.

The ISTJ thing... you can tell that with a little time. If they betray a certain efficiency, or they follow the forms in a less personally expressive way that seems more functional, then you can pick up on it. ISTJ girls try to be sweet, but there's this unmistakable pragmatism and toughness that comes through despite their best efforts. The easiest way to pick up on it is to look at how they conduct themselves in situations where there aren't as many social expectations governing their actions.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
INFJs are so rare you really won't have to worry about that. If you see an IxFJ, 9/10 times, it's going to be an ISFJ.

The ISTJ thing... you can tell that with a little time. If they betray a certain efficiency, or they follow the forms in a less personally expressive way that seems more functional, then you can pick up on it. ISTJ girls try to be sweet, but there's this unmistakable pragmatism and toughness that comes through despite their best efforts. The easiest way to pick up on it is to look at how they conduct themselves in situations where there aren't as many social expectations governing their actions.

Are there really that few INFJ's? :huh: And how DO the ISTJ/ISFJ's act when there are less social expectations?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Are there really that few INFJ's? :huh:

Yeah. We're like 1% of the population. ISFJs are 13%. Which one are you more likely to encounter?
And how DO the ISTJ/ISFJ's act when there are less social expectations?

Well... the ISFJs will focus more on the people around them, making sure they're comfortable and enjoying themselves. The ISTJs will focus more on making sure that any tasks being performed are getting accomplished correctly. The Te/Fe difference.

ISTJ girls often feel pressured to fake ISFJ to some degree, but when they go into a situation where they aren't expected to, the difference becomes clear.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
When myself, an ISFJ, an ISTJ and an ISTP were assembling a trampoline, the ISFJ was the only one disinterested in the task; she focused on how everyone was getting on, probing yours truly with teasing remarks whenever I made a mistake. :p The ISTJ led the operation, the ISTP followed the ISTJ's instructions, and I assisted the ISTP. The ISFJ just... hovered around, not really doing anything relevant. :laugh: She was more interested in the guinea pig hobbling around the garden, or the cat sunning itself on the patio.

During PE (physical education) at school, the ISTJ was more competitive, often being the leader of her team. The ISFJ would hang around at the back with a friend and chat. The ISTJ was more task-orientated, as theory would state. The ISFJ was more gossip-orientated.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
ISTJ girls often feel pressured to fake ISFJ to some degree.

:huh: Sounds like a new thread topic. I wonder what Recoleta would have to say about this statement.:cheese:

Grungemouse> LOL @ the trampoline scenario! :rofl1:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Nearly everyone you read about here allegedly has an INFJ ex-girlfriend. Unless these INFJs are just blitz dating the world, I can't imagine how the percentages would work out for that many people to have dated INFJs. This makes me wonder if perhaps some of these INFJs are actually ISFJs...