• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] The Official ISTJ Fanclub Thread

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hmm... well, I don't know if this will help at all, or if it's even an ISTJ thing; but, alot of times, the main reason I don't share my thoughts is because I fear what people will think of them. I'm not sure if that's her problem or not. *shrugs*

Usehername

On a mission
Hmm... well, I don't know if this will help at all, or if it's even an ISTJ thing; but, alot of times, the main reason I don't share my thoughts is because I fear what people will think of them. I'm not sure if that's her problem or not. *shrugs*

That fact intrigues me. (seriously. lol)

As in, you're not sure about how they'll perceive you as a person after sharing that? or you're worried that it will affect their interaction with you? or you're insecure around some types?

plz expand. :yes:

MBTI Type
ISTJ
That fact intrigues me. (seriously. lol)

As in, you're not sure about how they'll perceive you as a person after sharing that? or you're worried that it will affect their interaction with you? or you're insecure around some types?

plz expand. :yes:

Well, basically, you know how ISTJs get slightly picked on for talking about things that no one else finds interesting (or perhaps relates to)? Yeah, I guess you might could call it insecurity in my case. But, lilke I said, I don't know how much this pertains to other ISTJs.

Usehername

On a mission
Well, basically, you know how ISTJs get slightly picked on for talking about things that no one else finds interesting (or perhaps relates to)? Yeah, I guess you might could call it insecurity in my case. But, lilke I said, I don't know how much this pertains to other ISTJs.

So it's that you don't want to bore others?

I think ISTJs are fascinating (they're better one on one, though). Just find an INTJ :D

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I think the type of people that find other people boring are the ones that sit around waiting for others to entertain them as if the sun rises and sets on their ass.

I only know one ISTJ well but the others I kinda know aren't bad. A little straitlaced and you have to do some cajoling to get them to try stuff they're unaccustomed to, but good, solid, reliable, and often underappreciated people.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Are ISTJs the ones that sometimes respond to what you are saying with silence and a tight little smile that you have no earthly idea how to interpret but you have a funny feeling you might not want to know?

Oh goodness...YES! I know I do that. It usually occurs when I am suffering through "small talk" conversations or if someone is talking my ear off about a topic that I either know nothing about or don't really care about. It's my way of trying to be polite on the outside (but on the inside I have an entire internal dialogue going on...and I'm kinda smiling at my own thoughts). :rolli: And no, you probably don't want to know what we're thinking. Don't take it personally though, it's just our (well, mine at least) way of amusement.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Shit, I fell for it! :doh:

That's ok. I still *blows nose* like ISTJs. :cry:

Haha, jk. I encourage you to share your thoughts, Ransom.

I'm a lot like that, myself. It's something I try all the time not to do. Life is so much more liberating when you can just put yourself out there without worrying about what other people think of you. Who needs people's positive opinions? Heck no.

:smile:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This is one of the biggest reasons my friend and I started hanging out; his awesomeness was partially derived form his weirdness.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, basically, you know how ISTJs get slightly picked on for talking about things that no one else finds interesting (or perhaps relates to)?

My ISTJ calls himself "Cliff Claven". He doesn't have a problem sharing his tidbits either. (oohhh that sounds naughty)

Sona

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
ISTJ are so cool because I am an ISTJ.

Enough said.

Thank you, come again.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Is Magnús Magnússon an official member?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you, come again.

It's too bad the same can't be said about you.

(You are the weakest link -- goodbye!) :D

My ISTJ calls himself "Cliff Claven".

Ha, that's about right. (I haven't thought much about Cheers for a long time.)

He doesn't have a problem sharing his tidbits either. (oohhh that sounds naughty)

At least we know what you've been up to for the last ten days or so!

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
On a more on topic note..

I like ISTJs. I have a friend who's about 10 years my senior (and we never mention that honest :devil:

Anyhow I've learned that a nice peaceful ISTJ who's capable of laughing at themselves is a good laugh. Especially when you perfect the technique of saying "shh" just as they're about to answer yet another question not directed at them :)

It does seem though that whilst amongst a bunch of intuitives he feels lost and doubts his own intellect. Very difficult to get him to stop that habit but there again he rarely realises where his strengths lie. Something to do with TJs and that particular trait.

Usehername

On a mission

Ha, that's about right. (I haven't thought much about Cheers for a long time.)

At least we know what you've been up to for the last ten days or so!

heeehheheheh

what constitutes banning, btw? can their IP still access the site to read it and he just can't post? can he theoretically make a new username and start fresh until the rest of us figure it out?

G

GirlAmerica

I have found as an INTJ, that the ISTJ is one of the very few people who can relate to much of me as an individual as a whole.
I feel very ying/yang with ISTJ's....they complete me.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I don't get it, his most recent posts weren't that offensive, so why did he get banned? He was proof that ISTJs were a lot of fun!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just would love to know which of his posts were given infractions...I'm nosy that way...

Anyway, I think a good example of an ISTJ is Simon Pegg's character in Hot Fuzz.