• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] The Official ISTJ Fanclub Thread

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Here is a place where the rest of you can compliment us and build are egos. Fellow ISTJs are welcome to join the fun too!! :)

Usehername

On a mission
Okay. I will contribute, I promise. But I will give it a few days to think on it. I don't know many ISTJs and thus don't want to attribute specific personal characteristics to a wide group.

ygolo

My termites win
Excellent memory and observation skills.

Organized and reliable.

Hard-working.

Traditionalist without being a slave to tradition (in other words an independently minded traditionalist).

:yes:

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
That is the hardest assignment I have ever been given. ISTJs are among the most annoying type I know; the only use I have found for ISTJs is to train and send them to the code mines, because they're reliable minions. I suppose they also make reliable, but highly annoying, system administrators. They also make great accountants that I always want to strangle after having the misfortune of meeting them.

There were plenty of them in my major - the ones that float between being being code grinders/monkeys and accountants. Most of the people that couldn't make it (that I knew about) changed majors and became accountants.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My friend rocks! Easy to drag outside, lots of fun to spar with, and I like the mind games he comes up with to play on drunken late night park wanderers. :devil:

Helfeather

MBTI Type
IXTX
ISTJ's are so hardworking and reliable, you can always count on them on critical stages to get things done. Excellent organization, memory, clear judgment and usually accepting the rule of authority. Trustworthy and loyal, their word is everything.

They're like an administrator's dream pawns. I love having ISTJs on my team because I like people who follow orders when I give them direct commands instead of questioning me.

girlnamedbless

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My best friend is ISTJ and she's hilarious beyond reason.. and a very loyal friend.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
They seem to know where everything goes and keep it there. "A place for everything and everything in its place."

Never disorganized. Tidy, clean, neat, perfectly-kept household.

They have an understanding side. The other day my ISTJ grandma was nice to me. We don't have the best history together so this was a special event. I came home from practicing my driving, and I was having the worst day. I knew I hadn't done well, and I was feeling so bad and so inadequate. She was the only one who was understanding. She said the best thing anybody could have said to me at that moment. It was literally the BEST thing anybody could have said to me. She said, "You just have to practice and build your confidence up," and she said it like she really understood what I was feeling. That's the way I always want to remember her.

They're witty. My ISTJ grandma gets really cutesie all the time, but she actually hates it when anyone else gets cutesie.

I may think of more later.

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
The females seem ok. :D (so far) lol you will have to excuse my bias on this one.:blush:

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
ISTJs are awesome (most of the time :))! Two of my closest relationships are with them. Both of them have very literal realistic points of view that I often miss. They both have a tendency to be pessimistic which makes it good for me to be around them. I get to share the positive spin on most situations and in turn we teach one another. I can talk to ISTJs for hours. OTOH they are one of the fews types where if there is silence it's comfortable to me. I adore their senses of humor which could possibly be an acquired taste. I notice many people do not know that either of them can be outrageously funny. I notice that it's a dark kind of humor and something I would never think of. ISTJs once you make it into their 'inner circle' will literally give you anything that you need if they can. I can tell ISTJs as a general rule my inner most feelings and they will keep it to themselves. Trust has to be earned with them they do not give it freely which I respect. I respect their intelligence, quiet nature and hard work too.

*How's that for kissing up:D?*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJs can be very thorough and detailed in situations that I just do not want to expend all of the energy to do so.

When they build something, I know all the pieces will fit together and they will have all the materials at hand, and they will know the total and individual cost of everything, and they will have a schematic drawn out, and know the exact measurement of all the pieces, and...

... well, for things that matter, I can rest assured that if an ISTJ puts together a space shuttle or a car or an elevator or a house, it's going to fit together and everything will work as it is supposed to work according to plan.

[The only flaw usually for the ISTJ is not designing well enough in the sense of anticipating possibilities that might arise; but they will cover all the practical bases.]

ISTJs are loyal and faithful and firmly committed. They are very trustworthy, when they make a promise.

They also can handle intellectual criticism. If the criticism is impersonal and not buttressed by lots of statements that Feeler types often need to "soften things," they can swallow it easily and move on and even dish it right back.

They also give criticism. The mature/thoughtful ones can give a very impersonal, honest appraisal of something. And as long as the something is not a "person," the feedback is very exact and practical and realistic and truthful.

And... do I need to say that, if I need to balance my checkbook, I'd rather let an ISTJ do it? ;)

MBTI Type
ISTJ
lol. I can't believe so many of you guys fell for it. I couldn't help it. I guess I was feeling mischevious yesterday and just wanted to play like I was full of myself. lol. And also, I thought it was funny 'cause I realize what a challenge it is. lol.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Are ISTJs the ones that sometimes respond to what you are saying with silence and a tight little smile that you have no earthly idea how to interpret but you have a funny feeling you might not want to know?

Usehername

On a mission
ISTJs intrigue me b/c they don't share a lot of personal things, which makes me want to know all the more. They're generally exceptionally intelligent, and very very competent, which I superbly respect.

I also like how they are really honest when people ask for their opinions. They aren't out to make friends as much as they are to develop and improve things. All the ISTJs I've met are really caring and show this through their actions to work hard for others.

I wish ISTJs would give me more secrets on how to seduce them (in a very non-romantic way). Because pretty much any type but ISTJs can I hook with my quirky endearingness, and I can tell ISTJs really like me, but... how do I hook them in so they will share with me?! I love their observations of others around them. They notice things others don't. I want more, and they do share with me, but not nearly as much as I want. I want to see how they see the world and they don't share their observations as much as I want them to. :cry:

That is so hard, to get an ISTJ to share. I have not yet figured that out. But I'm also not super-close to any. I've also found that the males tell me more than the females! How weird is that?!

How could you do so with an old friend over the internet? Slow, steady, keep secrets and don't blab information... ideas?

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Are ISTJs the ones that sometimes respond to what you are saying with silence and a tight little smile that you have no earthly idea how to interpret but you have a funny feeling you might not want to know?

Eh?

Usehername

On a mission
So... what exactly do you wanna know?

Well, I'll share.

I have this one specific ISTJ in mind. I really like her. She lives impossibly far, so contact is through the internet. I know she likes me, but she has "not let me into her inner circle".

I really like the little bits she would share, and she fascinated me when we lived in the same city. But we don't any more, and I don't know how to get her to share when she lives so far.

Specifically, I want her observations of her new environment. Her info tends to come from her husband through their blog. She doesn't volunteer much.

I want to know how to make her comfortable so she'll share with me. (I know she likes me, I'm not annoying. I just am not in her inner circle.) She's got the craziest observations and ideas and she's really smart and I want information that she's not sharing :puppy_dog_eyes:

(She lives on the other side of the world in a way different culture and I want to know stuff that matters about it!)

So how would I do this through the internet?