• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] The Official ISTJ Fanclub Thread

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I just would love to know which of his posts were given infractions...I'm nosy that way...

You've made a couple of interesting assumptions there- 1) that you would necessarily see a post or thread that earned the poster an infraction, since they sometimes get deleted, and 2) that it's all about posts and threads anyway.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You've made a couple of interesting assumptions there- 1) that you would necessarily see a post or thread that earned the poster an infraction, since they sometimes get deleted, and 2) that it's all about posts and threads anyway.

Well, I'll give you assumption Number 1, but I'm having trouble following assumption Number 2.

(I can't say I remember offensive signatures or avatars or things like that.)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Well, I'll give you assumption Number 1, but I'm having trouble following assumption Number 2.

Have you ever PMed anyone? (Not to say that's what happened in this instance, in fact it wasn't, but it's an example of a non-post non-thread thing that could get a person banned.)

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Sona is a prime example of an ISTJ. They're oh-so-lovable.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
This is a kind of positive thing about the ISTJ I know.

He's always someone who can cheer me up without even saying a word. Something about managing to turn up to a pub wearing t-shirts with holes ALL over and his knackered out old fashioned slippers, me looking at him quizzically and him replying "What?" like it's the normal thing to do and everyone else is odd.

Absolute gold!

Rebellion is doubly rebellious when the person doesn't even recognise that there is a rule to rebel against!!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Sona is a prime example of an ISTJ. They're oh-so-lovable.

I actually think Sona was some kind of SP. Too much button-pushing, not enough rule-following. ;)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I assume that rational analysis is something that an ISTJ would be good at.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I actually think Sona was some kind of SP. Too much button-pushing, not enough rule-following. ;)
You say that because it appeared to be button-pushing to you, while I saw consistency. Just because the consistency offended your moral code doesn't mean it offended his. He wasn't pushing your buttons, he was just being what he is.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You say that because it appeared to be button-pushing to you, while I saw consistency. Just because the consistency offended your moral code doesn't mean it offended his. He wasn't pushing your buttons, he was just being what he is.

You say this because you didn't see everything that went on.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I assume that rational analysis is something that an ISTJ would be good at.
Depends upon what you see as rational really :)

The ISTJ I know tends to skip implications and ripple effects in his reasoning and hence his analysis is often very skewed towards what he wanted it to turn out like to begin with. I'm presuming that this is common, I could be wrong though.

I read Sona as an SP too. Something about all that flitting about from one thing to the next and the ability to almost twist himself double in his reasoning. No pattern to his steps, no rhythm. You know?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw in Sona a strong J preference; characteristically holding rigid and dogmatic viewpoints. He also exhibited contradictory logic and independent viewpoints, which could've suggested N. Sensors, and especially Sensing Thinkers, are better at not contradicting themselves, because they are more aware of such things.

Of course, there are cultural differences that must be taken into consideration here.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I saw in Sona a strong J preference; characteristically holding rigid and dogmatic viewpoints. He also exhibited contradictory logic and independent viewpoints, which could've suggested N. Sensors are better at not contradicting themselves, because they are more aware of such things.

Of course, there are cultural differences that must be taken into consideration here.

I saw in Sona a similar reaction to a strict religious upbringing that I've seen in other SPs. In his mind he sort of wants to stick to it, but he can't quite articulate why, and his behavior doesn't match his professed devotion. It's an attachment to cultural trappings (by habit for STPs, affection for SFPs) without the accompanying adherence. He professed rigid and dogmatic viewpoints but he didn't seem to follow through with them in reality.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw in Sona a similar reaction to a strict religious upbringing that I've seen in other SPs. In his mind he sort of wants to stick to it, but he can't quite articulate why, and his behavior doesn't match his professed devotion. It's an attachment to cultural trappings (by habit for STPs, affection for SFPs) without the accompanying adherence. He professed rigid and dogmatic viewpoints but he didn't seem to follow through with them in reality.

Yeah, that's true. Judging by his posts, he seemed to also be a thrill seeker.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
He's gone and you're still talking about him. I bet he's giggling somewhere.