• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] Ask an ESTJ!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What have you frequently mistyped as?
I've never considered myself to be anything but ESTJ. Sometimes when I take tests, my result is ISTJ. Once or twice I've gotten ESTP or ISTP. But 80% of the time it's ESTJ.

Enneagram-wise I almost always test as an 8 or a 3, even though I'm neither of those.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I've never considered myself to be anything but ESTJ. Sometimes when I take tests, my result is ISTJ. Once or twice I've gotten ESTP or ISTP. But 80% of the time it's ESTJ.

Enneagram-wise I almost always test as an 8 or a 3, even though I'm neither of those.

Do you consider yourself ambiverted or close on the P/J scales (if we're talking pure dichotomies)?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you consider yourself ambiverted or close on the P/J scales (if we're talking pure dichotomies)?

Sil

This is a test.

ESTP. It's pretty much a given if I take an online test.

Offline, I get mistyped as an ENTJ and sometimes ENTP.

Enneagram-wise, I've been everything except 4, 2, and 9. I quit the enneagram after five years and don't consider it worth study anymore. So no type.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
ESTP. It's pretty much a given if I take an online test.

Offline, I get mistyped as an ENTJ and sometimes ENTP.

Enneagram-wise, I've been everything except 4, 2, and 9. I quit the enneagram after five years and don't consider it worth study anymore. So no type.

What don't you like about the Enneagram? (I doubt its validity, but it's fun anyway.)

Sil

This is a test.
What don't you like about the Enneagram? (I doubt its validity, but it's fun anyway.)

It simplifies human motiviaion to a ludicrous extreme. And then when people realize (consciously or unconsciously) that the nine pre-assigned boxes don't neatly describe them, they stretch the theory to try and sustain its validity.

The only part of the theory I still follow are the instincts.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm only an extrovert in the MBTI sense of it -- meaning, I gain energy from my external environment. From seeing things, listening to things, and especially from doing things. (The descriptions are right, that ESTJs gain energy from changing their external environment. That's why I find it so relaxing to "get stuff done".)

Outside of that description, I'd absolutely describe myself as an ambivert. (I think forumers who have met me IRL would agree?) My friend group is predominated by ambiverted introverts, or introverts who enjoy matching energy levels with ambiverted introverts. I tend to not do well with overbearing extroverts or hermitlike introverts.

purplesocks

MBTI Type
ExFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you get along well with ESTPs you know? What are the biggest differences between you guys?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dunno if I've asked this before but what's your relationship with your baby-Fi like?

Also, how/where would you prefer to spend a vacation?
Sorry, missed this.

My relationship with my inferior Fi is tumultuous and full of drama. Sometimes I nurture it and care for it and try to learn from it. To let it teach me how to live life in a way that is true to what I care about. True to something greater than myself. But other times, I reject it and push it away and treat it like an adversary. I treat it like it's the enemy of my values, rather than their greatest asset.

TLDR: Just read "Bluebird" by Charles Bukowski and you'll see what my relationship with my Fi is like.

I like to spend my vacations visiting friends in other places. Visiting new places with them, trying new things. Occasionally going out and exploring on my own.

Do you get along well with ESTPs you know? What are the biggest differences between you guys?
IME the biggest differences are 1) inhibition levels, and 2) relationships with authority.

I like ESTPs when we have the same interests and/or the same sense of humor. Usually we don't, but sometimes we do. [MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] is a good example of an ESTP that I click really well with. :)

Sil

This is a test.

I play well with my Fi. I've found my Fi doesn't play well with Fe users.

For a long time I used to repress a lot of my emotions, but I've hit a point where I find taking counsel of them and giving them room to breathe does me a lot better in the long run. It's a bit like riding an internal rollercoaster; there's a real adrenaline rush that goes with it. Of course, this happens in private. I'm not an emotional exhibitionist.

My next holiday spot will be Mongolia. Preferably a 30 day trip that follows the borders of the state. Lots of open land, space, freedom, and cultural discoveries.

I really prefer that my trips are educational, interesting, and involve lots and lots of beautiful scenery. I enjoy it when the right people come with me, but it's hard to plan vacations with others.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
That's why I find it so relaxing to "get stuff done".

I am trying to imagine myself feeling energized by organizing, but I simply cannot. :laugh: But really, being able to do that kind of thing is admirable.

Sil

This is a test.

One of my good friends is an ESTP. We get along great.

Biggest differences on a shallow level:

She's much wittier. More grounded overall. Also more comfortable being in highly confrontational situations.

I'm more knowledge-oriented. More empathetic. Also more persuasive when I speak.

On a type difference:

She's a Fe user. If there's conflict, she wants it resolved right then and there.

I prefer space to sort out my feelings in a conflict and then come back and deal with it later on a logical level.

If she doesn't like someone, she'll still treat them with respect (to the point they wouldn't even know she didn't like them) because she sees not giving them that as stooping to their level.

I can't hide how I feel about others. I'll be professional/courteous, but my feelings will be painted between the lines with a fire-hose.

We get along really well. One of the better friendships I've had in years.

Sil

This is a test.
I am trying to imagine myself feeling energized by organizing, but I simply cannot. :laugh: But really, being able to do that kind of thing is admirable.

I was going to say I can't imagine it either, then I thought a little harder and realized yeah, I do feel pretty energized when I've figured everything into its place.

Sorry. Can no longer stand with you in solidarity.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

How do you feel about people touching things in your personal space (not you, but say things in your house or in your office) without your permission?

Sil

This is a test.
I see, now I have to wonder what type you think I am.

Sorry, never even thought about it.

Random sequence of digital coin tosses says you're INFJ. Congrats. It also says you're a Scorpio. Time to let go of your failed poetry slam career and seek new things in diamonds. Whatever that means.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry, never even thought about it.

Random sequence of digital coin tosses says you're INFJ. Congrats. It also says you're a Scorpio. Time to let go of your failed poetry slam career and seek new things in diamonds. Whatever that means.

Diamonds are forever. failed poetry slam career... seriously, that was the funniest thing I've read in a while. Keep it coming. Got to appreciate that humour. What's your enneagram type?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How do you feel about people touching things in your personal space (not you, but say things in your house or in your office) without your permission?
If it's something like picking up a non-breakable thing and saying "this is cool -- tell me about this", then it feels respectful. Otherwise it feels disrespectful, and bothers me. I think I'm more sensitive to it than the average person, so I often let it slide. Only if it gets egregious will I point it out. (For example I am very territorial about specific bowls and plates that I own, and like to have a pre-emptive talk every time I move in with a new set of roommates, to ask them to never use those things without asking.)

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've always typed ESTJ. As far as enneagram, I got 4 and 8 the first couple times. :laugh: :fpalm:

I'm only an extrovert in the MBTI sense of it -- meaning, I gain energy from my external environment. From seeing things, listening to things, and especially from doing things. (The descriptions are right, that ESTJs gain energy from changing their external environment. That's why I find it so relaxing to "get stuff done".)
Yeah. Like replacing the cassette (Shimano HG51-8 11-30) and chain (KMC Z72) on my bike. :D I don't think I have enough skill to do the rear derailleur though. :unsure:

Sil

This is a test.
Diamonds are forever. failed poetry slam career... seriously, that was the funniest thing I've read in a while. Keep it coming. Got to appreciate that humour. What's your enneagram type?

Dunno. I ditched the enneagram two years ago and haven't given it much thought since. I was everything except 4, 2, and 9. And maybe 7. I don't dig LSD and glow sticks enough to be a 7. Also, the government doesn't hire 7s. Mostly 1s. Lots of 1s. And 8s, but they're kept sedated in between gigs, so we don't talk much.

I'm an sp-dom though. Sp/so.