• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] Ask an ESTJ!

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
:rofl1: That is so adorable! Did the ESTJ react well? Was it awkward? 'Cause if it wasn't awkward, then you don't need to do anything :)

Hmm... awkward... :thinking: Well, we were mumbling to each other in Klingon... :unsure: :laugh:

I've read some of your blog this thread, and from your self-described personality, you seem very much like an ESTP friend of mine who is very balanced on the P/J scale. That's a very good thing, as everyone seems to like her. :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm... awkward... :thinking: Well, we were mumbling to each other in Klingon... :unsure: :laugh:
:laugh: Wow. I fail at life. Completely forgot about that. I was seriously imagining you gnawing on someone's arm irl... :doh:

I've read some of your blog this thread, and from your self-described personality, you seem very much like an ESTP friend of mine who is very balanced on the P/J scale. That's a very good thing, as everyone seems to like her. :)
Why thank you! :) There's no way in hell that I could possibly be an ESTP (though I act like one when I dislike an authority figure), but thanks!

Lol, maybe this SHOULD be a blog... I didn't mean for it to be, but since no other ESTJs have been answering questions that much (despite my invitations), it kinda seems like one, doesn't it? :doh: Hard to say...

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
:laugh: Wow. I fail at life. Completely forgot about that. I was seriously imagining you gnawing on someone's arm irl... :doh:
It's ok. I don't bite... very hard anyway. :D

Why thank you! :) There's no way in hell that I could possibly be an ESTP (though I act like one when I dislike an authority figure), but thanks!

Lol, maybe this SHOULD be a blog... I didn't mean for it to be, but since no other ESTJs have been answering questions that much (despite my invitations), it kinda seems like one, doesn't it? :doh: Hard to say...
I enjoy role-playing other types for fun and understanding their perspective, so maybe I'll jump in and help you answer a few too! :devil:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I enjoy role-playing other types for fun and understanding their perspective, so maybe I'll jump in and help you answer a few too! :devil:
Okay - as long as you have evidence to back it up, that you can share to help prove your point. That's how it's been in the past with this thread, so now it's the RULEZ.
:rules:
... :D

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Okay - as long as you have evidence to back it up, that you can share to help prove your point. That's how it's been in the past with this thread, so now it's the RULEZ.
:rules:
... :D

RULEZ? :huh:
:peepwall:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ :laugh: Yup. If you're gonna roleplay being an ESTJ, RULEZ are the first thing to pay attention to :nerd: <-- teacher face

And I hate to say that we're :offtopic: ...but we are :D

SO... if anyone has more Questions, feel free!

Last edited:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
You've already answered my question. Even ESTJs can get off topic once in a while :smile:

Do ESTJs have realistic (night) dreams? My husband dreams of catching (or missing) planes, riding his bicycle, talking to somebody at work... Sometimes his dreams are so realistic he mistakes them for reality until reality says otherwise.
("Tamske, did you say last night that you didn't like me any more and wanted to move?" "WHAT?!?" "Oh, that must have been a dream, then...")
At the other hand, my dreams are of the absurdist, self-referencing adventure type. I'll never mistake them for reality.
(Well, unless EJCC is *really* an ENTP. I dreamt that last night... :doh:)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You've already answered my question. Even ESTJs can get off topic once in a while :smile:
:laugh: Lol, yeah. There was an earlier point in the thread, too (maybe between pages 15 and 20 --->EDIT: It was pages 10 through 12), where we got REALLY off topic. I blame the ENTPs... :dont: :rolleyes2:

Do ESTJs have realistic (night) dreams? My husband dreams of catching (or missing) planes, riding his bicycle, talking to somebody at work... Sometimes his dreams are so realistic he mistakes them for reality until reality says otherwise.
("Tamske, did you say last night that you didn't like me any more and wanted to move?" "WHAT?!?" "Oh, that must have been a dream, then...")
That has definitely happened to me before, but not in a long time. Most of my dreams are kind of like anxiety dreams. For example, I had a dream once that I was going to Indonesia for a month, and I forgot about the trip until an hour before the plane was going to take off. So the rest of the dream was me packing like crazy.

Sometimes I have adventure-ish dreams, though; once, I dreamed that I had won a car in some sort of raffle, and right before I went to claim it, someone snuck up behind me with chloroform on a cloth and the next thing I knew I was tied to a chair in a warehouse. The rest of the dream was me trying to sneak out without getting killed by this blonde henchwoman with a chainsaw :doh: I ended up taking her down by finding the nearest projectiles (mostly lightbulbs from a box I found in a corner of the warehouse) and throwing them at her. And then I rescued some other people, and that was my dream.

But most of my dreams are fairly realistic, i.e. they're technically possible (though VERY unlikely), and almost never involve magic or anything like that.

(Well, unless EJCC is *really* an ENTP. I dreamt that last night... :doh:)
OMG you DREAMED about me??? :shock: Lol, I'm not the only one who's had a dream about TypeC! :cheers:

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
You confirmed for me that my boyfriend is an estj. Lol. THANKS!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You confirmed for me that my boyfriend is an estj. Lol. THANKS!
:confused: Erm... no problem? :D

Out of curiosity, what answers specifically were like your boyfriend's? Seeing as how I know very few ESTJs irl, I'm curious :)

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
Hmm.. well for one thing he is very logical and trusts wholly and completely in his own logic and whatever he thinks is RIGHT. You know? And he tends to just automatically disregard what other people think as dumb if it's not what he thinks. I mean, if we're having a discussion I can convince him of another viewpoint if I present it completely logically and he can step by step make sense of it. But most of the time, when we talk about something.. I end up going off on some tangent or lots at once and he gets lost. He says that it seems like I came to all these conclusions in my head from all this information and logic I use and he doesn't know how I got there, so he doesn't understand, so he can't relate, so he doesn't want to talk about it. For example, when I try to talk about psychology things, or my crazy theories about conciousness and aliens and such...... he just doesn't care and doesn't want to talk about it. It's ok because I really don't need to sit and ramble to him about all the weird stuff I think about, I do that to my coworkers. And he tries to be nice sometimes and listen and talk, but usually ends up getting frustrated if it goes on for too long... And I'm not trying to say at all that he can't understand it because he's too stupid or something. He's really smart and is taking engineering classes, he just uses his smarts for... real life applications. He doesn't like calculus and theoretical math like I do, he gets super excited when he gets to apply it to real life situations. Now I'm just rambling about interactions between INTP and ESTJ and I don't know if you have an INTP in your life and can relate lol :)

^^

See how I do the tangent thing..

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^
Lol, I'm doing exactly what you're describing right now, i.e. reading your rambling post and wondering how you got there from the things I said in the thread... :doh: :laugh:

Further proof of your BF's type! Right there! Most perfect thing ever.

...sigh... I fail...

:doh: :doh: :doh:

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
^
Lol, I'm doing exactly what you're describing right now, i.e. reading your rambling post and wondering how you got there from the things I said in the thread... :doh: :laugh:

Further proof of your BF's type! Right there! Most perfect thing ever.

...sigh... I fail...

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Hahahhahaaa wow that's hilarious. I'm going to go back and look, there were a couple more things.

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
He stops bad thoughts from coming in his head. If he knows it's going to make him sad... or end up in a downward spiral, he doesn't think the thoughts. Amazing! I never learned this concept til I met him.

Sealed

MBTI Type
INFJ
1. How do you start a thread? I'm new to this.

2. Even though this may have been covered... has anyone experienced ESTJ and INFJ as a romantic relation?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
To start a thread, you just click the New Thread icon at the top or bottom of the page, write in the blank space and press Post Quick Reply.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Even though this may have been covered... has anyone experienced ESTJ and INFJ as a romantic relation?
OH yeah. Loads of people. Tons and tons of INFJs on TypeC, also. I'm sure they'd be glad to talk to you about it. Although most of them had bad relationships with their respective ESTJs (it seems like), don't let that deter you, since the quality of the relationship depends on the quality of the people involved.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Hey, why are you guys such hardasses? Like I'm sure not all ESTJ's are this way but the ESTJ I know keeps trying to shove his beliefs and opinions down my throat and I really don't appreciate it. You guys also seem to be very judgmental, something a SP absolutely hates.

Also, whenever we argue, he always believes he's right and refuses to look at alternate points of view.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey, why are you guys such hardasses? Like I'm sure not all ESTJ's are this way but the ESTJ I know keeps trying to shove his beliefs and opinions down my throat and I really don't appreciate it. You guys also seem to be very judgmental, something a SP absolutely hates.

Also, whenever we argue, he always believes he's right and refuses to look at alternate points of view.
The answer to the first sentence is the part that I bolded. We're not all hardasses. It looks to me like most ESTJs you've interacted with have been a bit unhealthy. For example, when healthy ESTJs are in arguments, they do look at other points of view... if you have evidence with you. If it looks like they're refusing to consider the other side of the argument, it's that they take debate very seriously and if/when they lose debates, they take it very personally and get embarrassed and they feel it in their soft marshmallow center :cry: but refuse to show that. In contrast, from my experience with INxJs, those types sometimes can be VERY judgmental, and REFUSE to accept factual evidence contrary to their beliefs, whereas xSTJs, technically, will change their minds when given significant, irrefutable evidence to the contrary.

Also, if it looks like they're "trying to shove their beliefs down your throat", it's because they don't think of them as "beliefs", but instead think of them as "the right thing". They're just trying to help :( ... in a very untactful way, lol :doh:

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
The answer to the first sentence is the part that I bolded. We're not all hardasses. It looks to me like most ESTJs you've interacted with have been a bit unhealthy. For example, when healthy ESTJs are in arguments, they do look at other points of view... if you have evidence with you. If it looks like they're refusing to consider the other side of the argument, it's that they take debate very seriously and if/when they lose debates, they take it very personally and get embarrassed and they feel it in their soft marshmallow center :cry: but refuse to show that. In contrast, from my experience with INxJs, those types sometimes can be VERY judgmental, and REFUSE to accept factual evidence contrary to their beliefs, whereas xSTJs, technically, will change their minds when given significant, irrefutable evidence to the contrary.

Also, if it looks like they're "trying to shove their beliefs down your throat", it's because they don't think of them as "beliefs", but instead think of them as "the right thing". They're just trying to help :( ... in a very untactful way, lol :doh:

Yeah I'm sorry, maybe it's just the one ESTJ I'm dealing with =(