• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] Ask an ESTJ!

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
Never underestimate the Ne of an ESTJ.

Heh. True. I didn't even think about it being their tertiary. :blush::D Maybe mine just seems to fall flat in the social interactions I've had with ESTJs. Just because you have Ne doesn't mean it's amusing.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Never underestimate the Ne of an ESTJ.

Agreed. ;) However, for some reason I have absolutely no problem understanding my ESTJ's sense of humor (which is extremely Ne), but he seems not to understand mine (which is also extremely Ne!:shock:). I wonder why is that?:huh:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Heh. True. I didn't even think about it being their tertiary. :blush::D Maybe mine just seems to fall flat in the social interactions I've had with ESTJs. Just because you have Ne doesn't mean it's amusing.
Maybe it's just that the ESTJs APPEAR to be unamused. I find Ne tangents to be very entertaining, even if I don't understand them. Plus, e.g, there are moments when I'm listening to my ENTP friend going off about some shiny object or something, and I'll just shake my head and laugh at/with her... but then when I'm around someone quiet/subdued like my ISTJ cousin, I'll do exactly the same thing, and THEY'LL be the one shaking their head. Whereas the ESFJs I know will pretty much laugh at everything I say, regardless of whether they get it, lol. :doh: but I wuv them anyways :wubbie:

Edit: I just realized that it's Page 69 now! Rawr. :devil:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

***breaks out the champagne***

Told you you're awesome! :)

You are, like, the most wuvable ESTJ I've ever seen! :D

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
Maybe it's just that the ESTJs APPEAR to be unamused. I find Ne tangents to be very entertaining, even if I don't understand them. Plus, e.g, there are moments when I'm listening to my ENTP friend going off about some shiny object or something, and I'll just shake my head and laugh at/with her... but then when I'm around someone quiet/subdued like my ISTJ cousin, I'll do exactly the same thing, and THEY'LL be the one shaking their head. Whereas the ESFJs I know will pretty much laugh at everything I say, regardless of whether they get it, lol. :doh: but I wuv them anyways :wubbie:

Edit: I just realized that it's Page 69 now! Rawr. :devil:

Thanks EJCC! :)

I think that my demeanor has probably created more awkwardness than disapproval, now that I think about it. So if an ESTJ is just listening (and possibly enjoying) my randomness, I might misinterpret it when they don't jump on the OT bandwagon right away. I've really liked the exposure I've had to ESTJ humor in the past because you guys make it so easy to just laugh out loud - to bust a gut and let it all out. But when I veer off and get no response, I always worry that I'm spoiling the fun somehow. :blush:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

***breaks out the champagne***

Told you you're awesome! :)

You are, like, the most wuvable ESTJ I've ever seen! :D
:shock: What'd I do???

Thanks EJCC! :)

I think that my demeanor has probably created more awkwardness than disapproval, now that I think about it. So if an ESTJ is just listening (and possibly enjoying) my randomness, I might misinterpret it when they don't jump on the OT bandwagon right away. I've really liked the exposure I've had to ESTJ humor in the past because you guys make it so easy to just laugh out loud - to bust a gut and let it all out. But when I veer off and get no response, I always worry that I'm spoiling the fun somehow. :blush:
Aw :hug: Don't overthink it too much. Sometimes it can still turn into a laugh-out-loud moment. Case in point:

My ENTP friend: *blabs for a bit*
Me: *silent, raising an eyebrow or something to that effect*
My ENTP friend (noticing my expression): ... I guess that didn't make any sense, did it?
Me: Nope.
Both of us: :laugh:

So you never know :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just rediscovered this post, which I never addressed (even though I should have):
The things I don't like:
1. In relationships I am too intense for most other personality types
2. I have zero intuition in relationships
3. I am bad at keeping close friendships. I focus so much on completeing tasks
4. I wait for people to contact me and I don't contact them
5. When people tease me or give me a hard time, I feel I have to explain why I do what I do even though they are just joking around with me. I can't fight the urge to justify sometimes and just laugh.
I really relate to #4 and #5. I relate to #3 when it's long-distance. Absence doesn't really make the heart grow fonder, in my case. I don't think I would do a very good job, if I were in a long-distance relationship.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Catch anything good yet? I walked by some nice snow white long ears a couple days ago and drooled over my thoughs as I continued to choir practice. =^.^=

I wonder if the willingness of an ESTJ to remain and not say much is an indication of comfort and/or enjoyment.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Catch anything good yet? I walked by some nice snow white long ears a couple days ago and drooled over my thoughs as I continued to choir practice. =^.^=
No, I'm sorry to say... the wabbits continue to evade me. But I got within a couple of feet of a squirrel the other day and seriously considered taking it down, in front of the entire campus, lol.

I wonder if the willingness of an ESTJ to remain and not say much is an indication of comfort and/or enjoyment.
ABSOLUTELY. :yes: When I'm around people who are friendly acquaintances, who I'm not as comfortable with yet, I perpetually feel the need to fill the silence with empty chatter. I feel like silence means that I'm not doing a good enough job at interacting with them. But when I'm comfortable with silent moments with other people, that means that I understand them, and kind of know what they're thinking... or at least, I know that the silence doesn't mean that either of us is unsatisfied with how things between us are going at that moment.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
No, I'm sorry to say... the wabbits continue to evade me. But I got within a couple of feet of a squirrel the other day and seriously considered taking it down, in front of the entire campus, lol.

ABSOLUTELY. :yes: When I'm around people who are friendly acquaintances, who I'm not as comfortable with yet, I perpetually feel the need to fill the silence with empty chatter. I feel like silence means that I'm not doing a good enough job at interacting with them. But when I'm comfortable with silent moments with other people, that means that I understand them, and kind of know what they're thinking... or at least, I know that the silence doesn't mean that either of us is unsatisfied with how things between us are going at that moment.
Exactly.

A thing of the void. So difficult to understand.
You said it.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Is it an ESTJ characteristic to ask questions in a manner that makes someone feel like they are a murder suspect?

Exaggerations aside, I mean a long, intense stream of questions. Perhaps I'm the sort of person who feels easily interrogated, but phone calls with my mum (ESTJ) make me tense because of the constant questions. I have terrible memory, so I can't think of any specific examples. Just imagine a long line of questions being fired your way, without any breaks.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Exactly.

A thing of the void. So difficult to understand.
You said it.
:) :blush: Why thank you. It's interesting that you would feel the same way. I always thought of that as being an E thing.

Is it an ESTJ characteristic to ask questions in a manner that makes someone feel like they are a murder suspect?

Exaggerations aside, I mean a long, intense stream of questions. Perhaps I'm the sort of person who feels easily interrogated, but phone calls with my mum (ESTJ) make me tense because of the constant questions. I have terrible memory, so I can't think of any specific examples. Just imagine a long line of questions being fired your way, without any breaks.
Lol, I know what you mean. I think that when the ESTJ is checking up on you, that yeah, they'll ask you a lot of questions. Whenever they're curious about something, they'll ask a question about it, and it'll be very direct ('cause that's how they do things). And the reason why they don't see it as a problem is that they like it when people do the same thing to them. You have no idea how many times someone has apologized by accidentally "interrogating" me with tons of questions, and I say "It's fine! I actually really enjoyed answering them!" Consider, for a moment, this thread... that's exactly what it is!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
p.s.

1000th POST!!!!!!!

:party2: :party2: :party2:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Cheers!

As for firing off bunchs of questions, not only ESTJs can do that :D
I tend to dig and dig into the same thing until I get all cleared up. (Over)analyzing everything, eg emotions (complete with hormones and genetics!), theories (MBTI anyone?)... Most people think I'm delving too deep.

This happened to me:
Tamske: "Wait, maybe this is like that and..."
Co-worker: "Maybe things will work better for you if you stop thinking about them!"
Tamske: "Why does everyone want me to stop thinking? Do you know why?"

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's a good place to stop while I celebrate my 1000th post!!

The "J" in you can exhale now. :laugh::party2::banana::rock::static:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Epic w00t!!! :happy2: :woot:

NICE WORK MDP2525!!!!

bteastage.jpg

Party on, dude!
:banana: :rock: :yay: :banana2: :cheers: :happy0065: :static: :party:
:party2: :party2: :party2:

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Cheers for shedding some perspective, EJCC. And congrats on your 1000th post. :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Thanks! :blush: :)

Speaking of shedding perspective... does anyone else have questions?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ :huh: Do you mean that sexually? Or just in general?