• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] ESTJ - one modest type that needs more appreciation

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Simplest form of logic:

"If according to MBTI ESTJ make for good administrators in an office for example.

But according to general perception (which is limited to this forum of course :D), they only get there by exercising their "mean" powers onto others.

Wouldnt that also mean that they have great interpersonal skills ?"

Seen thru a mirror not so darkly, I think ESTJ can be one of the most modest and most insightful types of them all; cause they have an unique set of functions at their disposal, which does not only allow them to organize their environment to generate a productive team effort, but also enables them to gain the trust in a team member to see over the coffee pot and go new ways, which arent exactly in the book (yes the team member is me :D).

I wanted to express my appreciation for the ESTJs, who are sometimes used as a scapegoat in the forums far too often, if someone is at his end with his Latin and can only resort to insults; and of course the ESTJs, who never tried to actively start a campaign to better the perception of themselves, but rather live and let live.

Thanks to you being my boss, you can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but I need that sometimes and thanks for your intrest you put into hearing my ideas and your courage to go down an experimental way together with me.

*wipes a tear off the cheek* :D

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
That is so sweet.. I don't know of any ESTJ's, but if they are anything like the ISFJ's than I love them..

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But no! You've got it all wrong! ESTJs are all awful people! :rolleyes:

But for real, I think that ESTJs are great people too. Most people get a negative impression of them because ESTJs often find themselves in a management position or some position of leadership, etc. They basically see the ESTJ's "work face", and don't really know what it's like to have one as a friend.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yep... An ESTJ as a friend or family member is always trying to think of how to take care of you. :)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Awwww.

Well i bet they will appreciate this thread.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I think my grandad was an ESTJ, he had a lot of awesome qualities, about the friendliest and most talkative person you could come across. He got a lot of s**t done in his lifetime, always impressed me.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Awwww.

Well i bet they will appreciate this thread.

They certainly do :hug:

Oh, and BlackCat - I think it's also that unhealthy ESTJs are pretty memorable (obviously not in a good way), and some people have trouble seeing that all ESTJs aren't like that.

EDIT: Interesting that you use the word "modest", Entropie. Growing up, I was quite arrogant... but that was probably from a lack of maturity.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
why in the 9 levels of dante's hell is entropie posting this thanks for his boss.... HERE?!? Did I miss something, or did a really smokin hot ESTJ join the forums that the ENTP male slimeballs want to butter up?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, you didn't know? That ESTJ is me. :newwink:

But in all seriousness... I dunno.

entropie, what inspired you? I'm curious now.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
EDIT: Interesting that you use the word "modest", Entropie. Growing up, I was quite arrogant... but that was probably from a lack of maturity.

That sentence is the best proof for modesty there is, isnt it ? :D

---

I just read in another thread someone saying some unjustified about an estj again and I just felt the need.

I want to get to know the ESTJs, not only because of the fact that they are supposed to be the best fit for my INFJ according to socionics, but also because I have never met such a multi-facetted person like my boss for example.

I got to know my boss over 6 month and everytime I met him, my opinion of him changed. I normally dont experience that with people, with most people my first impression was the right one. But that guy first of all came off as a guy who only lived for his university studies and forget to live. Then he came off as a guy who could have served in the french foreign legion. Then he came off as a guy who obviously seems to know a great deal about life and people and I would like to call a mentor.

And then he teamed with me in a staff meeting, whispering in my ear that one day he is gonna kill that woman who was talking, who is a total nutcase sometimes, who stretches staff meetings into unnecessarily lengths.

I just knew that he didnt that out of an elaborate plan to gain my sympathy, cause he would have nothing to gain from me and it was a total inappropiate behaviour for him as a boss to say that in that moment to a unknown student worker, who is in the company for only six months. That he did showed me that he either a naive idiot like I am sometimes or that he trusts me. And I took that as a grave compliment, which made me feel proud a bit.

He later put a book in my mailbox, which dealt with the mathematical model of vibration behaviour in automobiles and he put a note on it saying: "Please analyze the book for a possible economical impact to our region". Which was obviously a joke, cause the book was about theoretical mathematics.

I after that made a copy of a mickey mouse comic, put the cover in his mail box, leaving a note: "Please analyze for possible economical impact to our region" :D

I dont know, I am sure he is not entp, but somehow he knows me more like I do. He has a way of getting close to you, of being intrested in you, which I find to be the most relaxing and human-near approach I ever witnessed in my life. And besides that I rarely feel understood by people. But that guy has got me mesmerized.

I am sure I wont follow him into death, if I would question his motives, but I am sure also that our boss-student relationship could develop into a friendship, in which I would tell him that I think his ways suck. He got the first impression of me and authority yet and I think he likes my style.

I have to end this overall dramatic essay with the words: He is a mystery to me, but a good one. One of the rare ones in my life, I can look up to and feel in good hands. One of a rare breed in germany aswell :)

*for sexually turned on estj girls now my number is on the back of this card* :D

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
let me be an estj's right-hand man.

it'd be a good thing.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Hope everyone noticed EJCCs avatar. It's a helluva lot less narcissistic than most. It's also quite traditional in a way. Yet, it also shows more individuality and creativity than most avatars on here. Most avatars on here seem to follow a herd or something.

But, really absorb EJCCs avi. It's very modest, imo. It's also unassuming and humble in a way.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yep... An ESTJ as a friend or family member is always trying to think of how to take care of you. :)

Which can become an issue when you've asked them repeatedly to stop.

I appreciate the intentions, but seriously!

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Everyone and every type has their own way of being a jerk, but you're right, ESTJs get more than their fair share of badmouthing. I know quite a few ESTJs and they are some of the most competent people I have ever met. Most of the ones I know are women and they throw the best parties, cook the best food, hand make the best clothes, have the best looking houses with tons of handiwork and remodeling done on their own. Also, great drivers. At least that's what I've noticed in my friends.

One of my best girl friends is an ESTJ and she's so dependable and creative. She is the only person I know that can party with me until dawn and then come straight to my place to help me paint my apartment (with the colors she picked out for me). She is the one I depend on for everything in my tangible life. Every time I move, she comes over and just sets up my place without asking because she knows things will sit in boxes for many months if she doesn't do it. And her system of doing things makes sense. I put things wherever they fit, but she organizes properly. And she can fix anything - all while wearing pretty dresses.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But, really absorb EJCCs avi. It's very modest, imo. It's also unassuming and humble in a way.

Thank you! I had never thought about it that way.

And she can fix anything - all while wearing pretty dresses.

This is what I strive for in life. :wubbie: lol.
A great epitaph: "She could fix anything - all while wearing pretty dresses :)

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I have an ESTJ co-worker (she confirmed years ago) that reminds me of what I have read over the years, that they are amused by people wanting to be leaders. She is truly considered a leader in our department, but I have yet to witness her attempt to be overt about it. I have been told by other co-workers who have worked with her for decades that she can be ruthless when she is focused on something she wants. Nevertheless people would consider me an extravert in comparison to her.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Let's clap it up and give appreciation for all the ESTJs out there. I'll be honest, I don't know a single ESTJ in real life, but from what I hear with the descriptions, you guys are great.

applause.gif

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Dear ESTJs,

Don't
Stop being so good at messing with my head.

kthxbai.