• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] What would you do if you was in power?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Your the Prime Minister or President.

What would some of your short term goals be within your country?

Just curious to see if its all fluffy and nice.:devil:

I am not asking for huge amounts of thought to go into this and the consequences etc.

Just some policies.

Last edited:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Public floggings. (possibly the death penalty)

Smoking in pubs.

Parents to pay towards their kids education such as books and stationary etc.

I am sure i will think of more.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Suggest stricter laws for drunk driving, and for illegal drugs.
Construct new prisons so we can fit everyone who should be in one.
Look for good nominations for Supreme Court and lower courts.
Increase health care spending.
Education initiatives for math and science.
Have a low cost victory celebration.
Probably some other stuff.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
- Disassemble the democratic system and establish myself as Emperor.
- Conquer the "countries" that used to be the Swedish Empire, and more.
- Establish colonies and exploit the natives.
- Deal with the English once and for all.
- Reinstatement of the death penalty.
- Allow stem cell research, genetic experiments etc in all its forms.
- Smoking in pubs is a good thing.
- Public beheading of my enemies.
- Nuclear or biological holocaust in which everyone dies except for the people I have chosen to repopulate the earth.
- Creativity is encouraged with fame and even more riches.
- I write the next few chapters in the history of mankind.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
-Loosen the governments grip on gun laws and promote gun ownership!
-Decrease government employment (such as state workers ESPECIALLY New York!)
-Place an environmental tax on certain items which would go toward government spending on projects to help the environment
-Tighten the Mexico/US border and create an emergency "lockdown" procedure should their be any international emergency
-Promote benefits to companies that are NOT outsourcing to China and other countries
-Regroup all troops stateside and rebuild our military strength to help deter N. Korea,China, Iran and other hostile nations from hindering the "peace" we have at the present time.
-Loosen government control in the private sector of the economy (no "bailouts" :rolli:)

Probably more but thats a start. :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Halla74's Reign Would Immediately:
---------------------------------
(1) Eliminate ALL Lobbyists/Special Interest Groups from Government

(2) Establish Term Limits on the Legislative Branches (House of Reps./Senate) similiar to those of Executive Branch

(3) Mandate that the Judicial Branch do Something other than just Sit on their Arses and Write Opinions (They are NOT a Legitimate Check and Balance of the Other 2 Branches, IMHO)

(4) Eliminate Preferential Outsourcing/Contracting Policies and Their Capacity to Mask true Federal Expenditures

(5) Penalize White Collar Criminals as Severley as Felons. Kenneth Lay and Madoff Would be on a Web-Cam in the same Cell Block of a Maximum Security Penetentiary as Rapists and Child Molsesters (Both would be wearing wigs and have had breast implants)

(6) All prisons would be mandated to utilize inmate labor for purposes of total, 100% self-sufficiency of their facility, thus eliminating the burden of tax on the common man.

(7) The Insurance industry (Health, Auto, Property, Etc.) would be eliminated as it is now known and all lines of coverage would be consolidated into regional geographic risk pools as dictated by neutral, third party actuaries.

(8) The pharmaceurtical industry, AMA, and FDA would be disbanded. An international medical and Rx consortium presided over by academics, social workers, medical professionals and public administrators would be the central body of US medical/Rx policy development.

(9) I would cancel all U.S. Debt and mandate that industry and all associated capital receive favorable but fair taxation status once they returned their operations to U.S. soil and employed 80% or greater U.S. citizens.

(10) I would eliminate political parties and mandate that candidates and citizens focus on real issues, real methods of addressing them, and not bullshit platforms that never accomplish anything.

(11) Blue laws, raves, and all associated activities would be legalized in regional districts so as to eliminate such activities from the common populace.

:party2:

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would create a THX 1138 society where conformity, collectivism, and commerce are mandatory and love and emotion are forbidden.

And all would be well with the world.

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Assuming this isn't some dictatorship where I'll start dissolving by legislatures, consolidating power, and oiling the guillotine. :)
- Discourage lobbying and special interest groups
- Mandate that news reporting organization do basic fact checking rather than paraphrasing the spokeperson
- Shift from income tax to consumption tax
- Implement carbon tax instead of cap and trade
- Require future presidents/prime ministers to outline their campaign promises with clear, measurable, and time specific plans. The plans will be reviewed by a committee at the end of the term and the president/prime minister will be assigned a rating based on their effectiveness.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I'd hire all of the above and pass or constrain laws based on objective/subjective analysis.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
- Disassemble the democratic system and establish myself as Emperor.
- Conquer the "countries" that used to be the Swedish Empire, and more.
- Establish colonies and exploit the natives.
- Deal with the English once and for all.
- Reinstatement of the death penalty.
- Allow stem cell research, genetic experiments etc in all its forms.
- Smoking in pubs is a good thing.
- Public beheading of my enemies.
- Nuclear or biological holocaust in which everyone dies except for the people I have chosen to repopulate the earth.
- Creativity is encouraged with fame and even more riches.
- I write the next few chapters in the history of mankind.

Ok .. I so need to be your second in command as long as you retract that mission statement about the English. We will kick your ass so it is just a waste of time going there. ;). Ohhh that fighting spirit.
Got to say though. This bullshit about not being able to smoke in pubs. Ridiculous. Oh but lets let people drink themselves to death.

I would create a THX 1138 society where conformity, collectivism, and commerce are mandatory and love and emotion are forbidden.

And all would be well with the world.

Get out. :rolli:

I'd hire all of the above and pass or constrain laws based on objective/subjective analysis.

I see your playing a neutral stance on this one then. :devil:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There's a Dutch book by Thea Beckman that would pretty much describe what I'd do (trilogy of Thule).

Needed:

-One Queen
- All female rule in the top positions
- All female police force with non-lethal weapons (tranq guns)
- Only meat eaten is from old animals that get to live a full life first
- Organic/bio agriculture
- Promotion of local crafts
- Working with Nature instead of against
- No prisons, instead you work with tattoos: Black tattoo= murderer and will disappear only after 7 years, Red= committed a violent act and lasts 3 years, green= committed a crime against Nature and disappears after 1 year, etc. No woman/man will touch you as long as you wear a stamp, and you'll be a social pariah, getting only the worst jobs.
- No money is used. People get a house from the government and what you need you trade for your own skills. Each village takes care of its own people.
- The female name is given to the children as only she is sure of who her offspring is. This means that everything is also passed down to female children, including the rule of the kingdom.
-Men are valued for what they contribute, such as their physical strength and intelligence, but aren't allowed near positions that could tempt them to be corrupted by power or abuse their strength.

I loved these books. Simplistic, but the author had some seriously interesting ideas. They were written for adolescents, and at the end of the trilogy, the balance of the genders was regained. Was still a fun concept while it lasted though :D

Unique

Lealize recreational drugs besides the hard/dangerious ones like heroin etc
Limit supply to individuals, possible side effects etc to be clearly labled

Lower the drinking age to 18 (for americans, its already like that here)

Have schools split into different catagories of learning, find out which learning style each student requires (audio, visual or kinesthetic) then teach them according to their learning style

I've actually seen students catagoried then ironically everyone was still forced to learn by listening

Make school easier for students to make choices in subjects and easier to switch between classes

and thats pretty much all the ideas I have for now

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I could spend the rest of my life answering this question. So I guess the first thing I would do is end term limits.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lealize recreational drugs besides the hard/dangerious ones like heroin etc
Limit supply to individuals, possible side effects etc to be clearly labled

Lower the drinking age to 18 (for americans, its already like that here)

Have schools split into different catagories of learning, find out which learning style each student requires (audio, visual or kinesthetic) then teach them according to their learning style

I've actually seen students catagoried then ironically everyone was still forced to learn by listening

Make school easier for students to make choices in subjects and easier to switch between classes

and thats pretty much all the ideas I have for now

+100

I love your ideas regarding education especially, I have always hated one size fits all education, it is bullshit and produces graduates without any real world skills.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I love your ideas regarding education especially, I have always hated one size fits all education, it is bullshit and produces graduates without any real world skills.

Amen. I've just had a similar discussion to that at my kids school.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, as an eNFJ, I'm probably going to take over the joint sooner or later (or at least stage an impressive coup), so here's what I'd do:

*Take power
*Mandate a parade in my honor
*Mandate another parade in my honor
*Chocolate bunnies for all
*Instate a national uniform that looks incredibly cool and saves everyone money
*Free movies and popcorn every Friday night
*Abs/Buns of Steel participation twice a week
*Bad people getting kicked in the shins by little kids in the town square
*Drag racing at the strip for elder care dollars
*Motto: "That's right, I said it. Stop your crying!"
*Coat of arms: a giant pink T-Rex eating a hut, with lazers and sharks and stuff

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'd invest all of my country's technology into building a Hyper Mega Death Ray (Godbless you Buzz Lightyear), and aiming it at my greatest enemy and rival.

great-red-spot.jpg

Jupiter's Great Red Spot. For centuries it has mocked my ancestors, I will blast that evil thing into next century.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Great Red Spot has been allowed to spread it's mockery for far too long. You must destroy it. Destroy it good.