• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] What do you think of the SJ forum???

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
It (the SJ guardhouse) doesn't seem to move much and I was thinking is it because we don't really get into debates, does it seem to be just an advice board or are we all lost in our own worlds?

There are many more similar questions. I am sure you can answer more of them without having to ask and I would hate to ask more, since I hate those stupid surveys that ask the same questions -over and over - coming into my email box..

Opinions, thoughts, and feelings welcomed from all members of Typology Central.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not active enough in my opinion.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Yikes!!! Ok at least keep it to constructive criticism. LOL

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Well, the SJs are certainly lacking in numbers compared to the NTs and NFs (do we have the SPs beat in numbers?).

Anyway, yeah, it is pretty boring because there really aren't debates or fluff going on. I think for the most part, the SJs here mostly get along and are pretty agreeable with one another, and perhaps most of us live our lives out more in the real world...so maybe we don't frequent the forum as often?

Plus, we're likely the most-hated group on the forum and people think they know "all they need to know" about us since we are so prevalent in the real world, so they don't bother to come and ask questions. Of the few times others ask questions, it is usually asking for dating advice or something.

Personally, I'd like to see this part of the forum more active.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I agree Recoleta, it really should be more active. Although it seems seems some of my threads get moved down to fluff. lol

I know I am usually busy in the real world, there is so much that needs to be completed or there are things that I wish to do.

So the more prevalent types on this forum, do they get on to communicate, learn or understand? What is it that makes them post so much? I'm wondering if they criticize others like they have done here. Is this the way used to start a debate? Maybe that is why we are boring. We don't get our feathers ruffled so easily..

Anyhow I will be off for awhile, there is a book that I haven't finished reading and there is work that "should" be completed.. :D

Be back later.. bye.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The SJs are out busy having a life. :tongue:

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It (the SJ guardhouse) doesn't seem to move much and I was thinking is it because we don't really get into debates, does it seem to be just an advice board or are we all lost in our own worlds?

There are many more similar questions. I am sure you can answer more of them without having to ask and I would hate to ask more, since I hate those stupid surveys that ask the same questions -over and over - coming into my email box..

Opinions, thoughts, and feelings welcomed from all members of Typology Central.

It's political hedging at its best...but not...because you types can't use your Ss to pick up on the subtleties and clues, emoted feelings and inflections therein to make your determinations.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Yes reading between the lines is not my style, whoever talked about making assumptions (makes an ass out of u and me) must have been an S..
Could it be laziness, as one so elegantly put it, to bother using analogies and metaphors, or could it be honesty and bluntness??

Could you please define political hedging in more detail?

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
:hi: Blackcat!! Glad to see you here, as of now, I haven't much of a life. Unless, drinking coffee while browsing the net is living. hahaha

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
So the more prevalent types on this forum, do they get on to communicate, learn or understand? What is it that makes them post so much? I'm wondering if they criticize others like they have done here. Is this the way used to start a debate? Maybe that is why we are boring. We don't get our feathers ruffled so easily..

You could be on to something here...perhaps our belief systems and values are not as fluid as the other types. I mean, the SJs apparently get the label of "rigid" anyway. Usually when I do post I already have an opinion in place. People are welcome to debate it, but at the end of the day it's unlikely that I will change my position (not impossible, but also not probable). I like a good debate, but I find them exhausting. I come to the forum to escape the real world. The last thing I wanna do is debate about serious topics...my real life is serious enough. :D

What I find funny is that the other types will sometimes jump to the conclusion that my decision/belief was made based on following someone/something and without taking into careful consideration why I believe it...which is not even close. Every one of my beliefs I have examined and reexamined...we are the inspectors for crying out loud! We thrive on picking things apart and analyzing every detail. There is always rationalization behind my decisions. Just because another person doesn't agree does not invalidate my POV...and you're right, Eiddy, it doesn't ruffle my feathers to have someone disagree with me. Personally, I don't like conflict, so I'd likely just walk away saying "to each their own."

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
It's a combination of the fact that there aren't as many SJs as other types on here, and that the SJ attitude is more matter-of-fact and less debate-oriented than say... the NTs or NFs.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I like a good debate, but I find them exhausting. I come to the forum to escape the real world. The last thing I wanna do is debate about serious topics...my real life is serious enough. :D

We thrive on picking things apart and analyzing every detail. There is always rationalization behind my decisions. Just because another person doesn't agree does not invalidate my POV...and you're right, Eiddy, it doesn't ruffle my feathers to have someone disagree with me. Personally, I don't like conflict, so I'd likely just walk away saying "to each their own."

I can identify with you so completely. I come here to escape the real world. I love making friends and I just don't have the time or energy to have a conflict with someone.. I will just ignore it or claim ignorance. LOL

Analyzing every detail. I have always loved doing that. Looking at leaves and putting ants on them to float down a stream or looking at the tiny forest to be found in a tiny area of grass, interests me.

I know that I am not the person with a problem when others tend to disagree.. I am an ISFJ who can disagree with a person that is on your side to begin with in the first place. hahaha

I take it that others are just having a day (life) or whatever and figure if they knew me better than they really shouldn't take offense.. I can't function enough on the things I need to take care of, much less giving more energy to maintain a conflict just for the sake of conflict..

I'm going back to play a game in arcade.. Call me if there is an emergency. LOL

lots of hugs to you Recoleta..

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
It's a combination of the fact that there aren't as many SJs as other types on here, and that the SJ attitude is more matter-of-fact and less debate-oriented than say... the NTs or NFs.

I like your signature.. How could I get one (the one that opens the other windows to compliment you)???

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
hahaha yes I have been there, but I don't know you well enough to give an accurate assessment of your personality. Judging from other ISTJ's that I have had in class, they were the best students from the boys. We seemed to get along great..

Now you oh so smarty pants how can I get one to have others assess me??? LOL

Last edited:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yes .. More activity on this forum would be gratefully appreciated. :D

Lightning_Rider

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yeah... sometimes I don't check this forum for a few days and then when I finally do, sometimes there's hardly been any new posts.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
... and perhaps most of us live our lives out more in the real world...so maybe we don't frequent the forum as often?

Plus, we're likely the most-hated group on the forum and people think they know "all they need to know" about us since we are so prevalent in the real world, so they don't bother to come and ask questions. Of the few times others ask questions, it is usually asking for dating advice or something.

I'm pretty damn busy irl, but I multi task well. And I don't handle down time well. If I am waiting for something, it's very easy for me to respond to a post.

I don't hate you guys. It's really more that I don't understand you guys. Which is why I ask questions (I remember a particular thread about always getting the 3rd degree...)

Our (or at least my) feathers don't ruffle so easily at all. And I don't feel like we criticize each other. I come here to gain understanding. I do this through asking questions about a variety of different topics so I can get a clear picture about a person or a type. I find SJs often just ask the question they are interested in hearing the answer to, so the threads don't move as quickly. I was always taught that if you really want to know a person, never ask a question that can be answered with a yes or no.

You could be on to something here...perhaps our belief systems and values are not as fluid as the other types. I mean, the SJs apparently get the label of "rigid" anyway. Usually when I do post I already have an opinion in place. People are welcome to debate it, but at the end of the day it's unlikely that I will change my position (not impossible, but also not probable). I like a good debate, but I find them exhausting. I come to the forum to escape the real world. The last thing I wanna do is debate about serious topics...my real life is serious enough. :D

I rarely come to a decision, but when I do it's based on careful thought and I cannot be swayed. But I'm still interested in why others hold the opinions that they hold, especially when it seems so clear to me that it should be a different way. It's not conflict, it's curiosity.

I get on here to get out of the real world, too. So I answer topics (generally) about what interests me.

What things would you rather discuss? You should just start posting threads about that stuff...