• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] As children

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I was reading a thread on NT's as kids and Wow, they put me to shame with their behaviour .. lol.

What was your behaviour like? Was you always good, did you rebel? Give some examples.

Oh, and find a picture if you can ;)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I was a good little girl but i had my moments. Poor mum.

Examples -

When i was a little girl, i never said the word penguin. I thought it was a naughty word. What???

When i was around 4/5 years old, i was in the garden with my little brother. Mum had put the washing out but left the tub with water in the bottom outside. My brother saw a shiny coin in the bottom so reached in to get it. He got himself jarred in it. I ran in to get my mum but she was hoovering so i ran over the road and got a neighbour to help him. He was blue but he made it. I was very protective of my brother. I wanted to be his mum apparantly.

When i was around 9, i almost set fire to my bedroom. I was given a santa candle with tray and i was burning sweet wrappers on it. One min everything was fine, next min the flames went so high and i shit myself and got my step dad. (I would never of told my mum, she'd of killed me).

When i was around 10 i wanted to wash some clothes. Got a washing up bowl, filled it, took it to my bedroom. I got my bridesmaid dress (it cost a fortune) and started cutting squares out of it to wash. I can't remember the consequences of that. I am sure i got a damn good telling off and maybe a slap for that one.

Around 8, i got one of my step dad's records and was just listening and thought it would be full to try and scratch on it .. you know back and forth with the record. I knackered the record and put it back. No one ever came back to me on that one. Pfft.

I liked teddy bears (not dolly's though, shudders) .. I wanted him to fly outt he bedroom window but not get hurt, lol, so i made a parachute then went downstairs and made some flour and water mixture (i thought this would be glue) and ruined my teddy with this mixture and string. He got hurt as the parachute didn't work .. lmao.

Last one, i enjoyed handing out with the boys at around 7 years old. We always climbed a particular tree. On one occassion i got up but was scared to get down, one kid offered to help me but unfortunately he climed up the railings and slipped and caught his arm on a spike that went straight through his elbow and he was stuck. I legged it home and told my mum. Again, i thought i would get a slap for that but she was good. Poor kid got loads of stitches.

I have one more, but i am not telling a soul about it. No one knows, not even my husband. lol. I am so embarrassed about it. That one follows me to the grave. ;)

I wasn't all bad, i promise ;)

Last edited:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Born till the age of 16:

Extremely rebellious.
When I was little, I was very stubborn. I wanted everything to go the way I wanted it to go. Or I would make sure it wouldn't GO AT ALL!
I also kept my parents awake all the time complaining I can't sleep because my head is too full.
I had ticks of all kinds. Pulling out my hair when I was little, to making noises, waving hands and crunching the bones in my thumbs that eventually resulted in being able to dislocate my thumbs without strain.
I was a one man army and wasn't afraid to show it.

I was so pissed at my mother when I was 4 years old that I told her I was going to get a new mother that wouldn't fool me into believing things after I learned that Sinterklaas (Dutch santa) was fake. I didn't talk to her for two weeks. I believe these events also lead me to my current believe system. Or lack thereof. :)

From 16-18:

Became much more introverted. Began self-reflecting. Slowly maturing as it were. But remained very stubborn and rebellious. Did not have time for things I did not like spending time on. All ticks also seized rapidly. I became much more at ease, but not less dangerous!

18-20:

After a particularly tough happening. Psychotic. Chaotic, destructive and uncaring. Alcohol, drugs and all its repurcussions. It's a miracle I passed classes during this time. (It couldn't have been due to my extensive studying. *cough*non-existant*cough*)

20-22:

Self-reflecting, maturing, changing ways and building morals and values. Gaining a strict principle policy.

22+:

Finally matured! I think... >.>

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I loved reading your stories, saslou. Very cute.

I'll try to think of some specifics from my childhood. I tended to feel responsible for things and was rather obedient.

Oh here is one memory from when I was five. I went to a new babysitters house and was the only little girl there. There were several boys and one declared he could count to ten. His numbers were random, and I remember thinking how silly he was to think he was doing it right. There wasn't much for me to do there, so they let me play with their daughter's dolls, while she was at school. I felt really uncomfortable playing with someone else's toys. The doll they gave me was one that had all the practice zippers and buttons. I remember carefully doing and undoing a few and then wondered what the point was. I didn't hardly want to play or hurt it.

Around four or five I used to get words mixed up like the name of a character in a book. People who argue with me about it and I would get upset and continue to argue because they would laugh at my reaction. I didn't like feeling like a joke. I wanted to be taken seriously.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
lol .. You lot are so funny.

Its stupid and frustrating as the more i learn about myself the more confused i get.

Its like i get the SJ's and i love their ideas .. But i listen to the NT's and still i love their ideas .. Its like i want a piece of everything.

FOOK .. I don't know how to articulate it so i am not going to bother.

Does anyone else feel like a bit of an odd ball??

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does anyone else feel like a bit of an odd ball??

Never, as an INTP this is not a question fo feeling. It's a question of knowing.

I don't feel like an odd ball. I know I am an odd ball. :D

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Umm. As a child, let's see. For all of elementary school from Kindergarten to 5th, I was in a total of 6 schools. Was in one for Kindergarten, another for First, another for Second, another for Third, switched again for 4th, then moved halfway through 4th and was in that school for the rest of 4th and 5th. The thing was, my parents just apparently liked to move....a lot. They still do. I just don't get it. I'm like, stay in one house for longer than 2 years, please.

So, I had no consistent friends until middle school where I was in the same school for 6th, 7th and a month of 8th. In first grade, which is the furthest I can remember, I just kept to myself a lot, and did things with my family. Having an ESFP brother, I just tagged along with him when I could, or played video games. I had these 2 girl friends in 2nd grade that were really nice to talk to. They were my only real friends at that school. That was actually the first time one of them gave me their phone number and we talked on the phone a little. Then I moved and lost touch with her. I think those 2 girls were ISFJ and xSFx.

In 3rd, 4th and 5th, I didn't really have any close friends at all. I had a lot of acquaintances and it really bugged me that no one was really...close to me. I tried hovering around some groups of people I semi connected with, but I felt like I was just hovering and not socializing. I ended up hating recess because I felt like such an outsider. Around that time, I found out about Power Rangers, and that fixed the problem a lot, as that took up a lot of my time playing with the toys or watching the show.

When I started middle school, I started making somewhat more intimate acquaintances and made 2-3 good friends. One was an INTJ and the other was an ISTP. The ISTP was a cool guy to screw around with. It was like at last, I found other people who weren't "nerds" but not socialites. There was one girl I talked to from time to time and joked around with in my homeroom class, but she was just a mutual friend, nothing more. When my school had a contest during our field days to win a bike, I came to school one day to find that I had won it, and she was the one that nominated me. That made me feel really special that someone had thought about me like that on their own.

I started hanging around that INTJ guy a lot in 7th grade, and he got me heavily into computers. It was like, I found the missing part of myself, and I just lost myself in playing with computers and playing games. Then he got me into Pokemon. At the beginning of 8th grade, though, I moved in between states, and that's when my 6 year long depression started where I quit school and stayed on my computer 24/7. So, yeah.

In every school, basically, all the teachers loved me and the other students just referred to me as this neutral good guy. No one hated me or really liked me. People just respected me and that was it.

I'm starting to wonder if that story is affecting me a lot right now, and had any effect on my susceptibility to depression outside of the trauma that caused it. I mean, my father was in a near-death accident that caused the depression, but I wonder if my lack of stability and friends when I was young contributed to it. Right now I'm having that same problem I had in the 4th grade, that I feel incapable of relating to other people. It just doesn't strike me as something to do for fun naturally.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Sorry to hear that Raz .. Thats a bit of a bitch. At least you have made some connections there, so i hope you figure something out. :)
My ISTJ son he doesn't like change at all. He didn't want to move to Canada. Even though he was being bullied at school, he didn't want to move to another one (luckily now he is built like a brick shit house). BUT .. he is going for an induction at the gym this weekend (as long as i go with him), so little steps yeah ;)

Never, as an INTP this is not a question fo feeling. It's a question of knowing.

I don't feel like an odd ball. I know I am an odd ball. :D

Loving it .. :D ..

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, the NT thread...I can't relate to most of that "just do it" attitude. :blush:

As a child, especially before age 10, I really didn't have friends. The ones I did have were not close at all, and we didn't meet much outside of class. I spent most of those years talking and relating to my sisters and my parents.

The opposite of a wild child. Very shy and always ran to my parents in times of distress. But when I found kids at school who asked me about one of my favorite topics, I showed them everything I knew about it. Sometimes they would laugh at how quickly it all just poured out, but I didn't get what was so funny. At that period of my life, my focus was on reading stuff, learning stuff, more at home than in school. One hobby-subject after another, and trying to involve my sisters in whatever it was.

I tried sleeping over at friends' houses several times, but could never stay the whole night. I always freaked out at some point, and called my parents to take me home. It was almost an irrational fear...I don't quite get it.

But no, I never disobeyed my parents. Their word was solid decree, as far as I was concerned. I always asked them why they made me do something, or why I couldn't do something, but I didn't just "do it anyway" after that.

(More examples in my Notes and Comments...the long, boring posts.)

saslou said:
My ISTJ son he doesn't like change at all. He didn't want to move to Canada. Even though he was being bullied at school, he didn't want to move to another one...
Actually, I begged my parents to move so that I could change schools when I was 5 years old, because I hated my teacher. Well, that's not really related to bullying. I was bullied sometimes, too, but...not sure about switching schools. I think I understood that my parents were not going to let me skip classes, so ditching classes wasn't an option in my mind.

Last edited:

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I love reading about everyone's experiences and I can relate so much to what others have experienced.

My earliest memory was when I was around a year or more. I hid a bottle under the heater, my mom never did find the bottle until we moved out. She was surprised when I told her about this, as I was so young. She remembers the smell and not knowing where it came from.

When I was around 3 there was a small creek in front of the apartments, I remember running home with leeches stuck to parts of my body from that creek.

My mom has a lot of stories I don't remember, not sure I will post it online and I don't think I told anyone about some of them.

Oh when I was 4, I fought with the other kids because we were all playing house and I wanted to be the mommy. I think that was all I ever wanted to be when I was little.

Around 5 got into trouble for talking in class and the teacher kept me for 5 minutes, after I left I was crying and my dad was waiting in the car to pick me up. I didn't realize what time was and thought he must have known how late I was. I told him why I was crying and got spanked when I got home.

Hmm... before that time, I remember thinking of how nice the dining room would look if it were a cave, so I threw all the spaghetti all over the ceiling, trying to get that stalactites cave look.

Oh there were so many stories growing up, like when I around 8 I put my youngest brother in a tire and rolled him down the hill. He went about two long blocks towards a very deep ditch; my brother and I took off running try to catch him before he went off the end. We did catch him and I was so terrified when that happened that I didn't try it again.

I had dogs growing up and they made the best friends. I think I had a few friends growing up, but I think I really started to notice other people besides my family when I was around 10. I was always boy crazy, but even more so after 5th grade.

My first real friend I had in 7th and 8th grade. It was a hard lesson learned, something I wished if I could go back and change when I had a fight with her. I was non-existent back then, but I always had A's and B's growing up until.... I entered high-school. I was a good kid in 9th grade, then my parent's separated and I had to go to another high-school that was when I started hanging out with the wrong crowd. The same old story with messed up teenagers. Only thing that was great that I didn't become sexually active back then. Until I met him at 17, we married a couple of years later and never left each others side for weeks and months on end. Even had the same jobs.

Thankfully I grew up, he didn't and he found someone else to deal with his irresponsible lifestyle.

Things changed, I completed my education, hung out with a friend, lived life on go, being a carefree young adult.

Grew up after that...

Pictures? Well they are all back in the states with my mom. I always planned on going back for good, but it hasn't happened yet. (12 years later.) :D

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I never disobeyed my parents. Their word was solid decree, as far as I was concerned.

Yeah that was how it was with me. I never even considered ditching school. I remember once my mom made me wear these high water, bell-bottom jeans to school. EEEEKKKK!!!!

I went to school dreading it, but was always the obedient child; this was in the 8th grade. The kids all walked behind me calling out "Ding, ding, ding, ding, THE FLOODS ARE COMING, THE FLOODS ARE COMING."

I am pretty sure they were some puke color on top of that. Who ever thought shooting the couch to make clothes should have been hung.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Yeah that was how it was with me. I never even considered ditching school. I remember once my mom made me wear these high water, bell-bottom jeans to school. EEEEKKKK!!!!

I went to school dreading it, but was always the obedient child; this was in the 8th grade. The kids all walked behind me calling out "Ding, ding, ding, ding, THE FLOODS ARE COMING, THE FLOODS ARE COMING."

I am pretty sure they were some puke color on top of that. Who ever thought shooting the couch to make clothes should have been hung.

LOL. Nice. :D

I more of obeyed my parents just because I didn't know what they would do to me if I didn't do something. They got much more lenient as I got older, though. Biggest punishment to me was having the sega genesis taken away for not doing something. To a kid in 1st grade, Sonic the Hedgehog is the world.

I remember watching my parents fight, and I saw my INTJ father never really giving in much. I kept thinking, "God, dude, if you would just let go of your pride and see what you need to do to end this, we can get on to other things." I thought I'd be able to avoid that when I got older, but now that I am older, my pride keeps me in check so much. :( It doesn't help that we're both IxTJs, though, so that I bet that constitutes the similarity.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Pride does seem like such a good thing to have, but it is so true how much pride does keep us from truly making advances in life.

I never wanted to be like my father in many respects, but then find this part of me coming out, and it's like it just seems so natural. Strange how reactions can control us. Hmmm...

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Eiddy .. I love you. The tire thing, brilliant idea.

Yeah, the NT thread...I can't relate to most of that "just do it" attitude. :blush:

See that's exactly what i do .. If it needs doing, then i'll get it done. ;)

My 14 yr old recently slept over a friends house for the first time and he hated it. He has told me he won't be doing it again.

I remember watching my parents fight, and I saw my INTJ father never really giving in much. I kept thinking, "God, dude, if you would just let go of your pride and see what you need to do to end this, we can get on to other things." I thought I'd be able to avoid that when I got older, but now that I am older, my pride keeps me in check so much. :( It doesn't help that we're both IxTJs, though, so that I bet that constitutes the similarity.

Funny you should say that. My son and husband got on really well being IxTJ's .. obviously no in depth conversations but definitely a mutual respect for each other. Hmmmm.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Wow just came back from NT thread. I can see a definite difference in our thread and their thread. We would be the rule makers and they would be all the rule breakers, but they wouldn't just break the rules they would come up with some mad scientist scheme to test a hypothesis out. LOL

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Funny you should say that. My son and husband got on really well being IxTJ's .. obviously no in depth conversations but definitely a mutual respect for each other. Hmmmm.

Oh, I get along fine with my father, it's just dealing with another TJ on me is a little tedious at times. He reminds me that I can't let things slide at times like an FJ would. Having an ESFJ mother and INTJ father is interesting. We have our occasional talks and stuff. It's not like we're estranged. We just keep to our own worlds. We talk about a lot of scientific stuff.

The dynamic with my mother is a lot more interesting. xSFJ is a mother type. I get her all the time with details and technical stuff, and she's always showing her knowledge of how the world works to me. It's just two different ways of interacting with the world, and I definitely have a lot to learn from an ESFJ. My father nourishes my technical side, and my mother helps me develop my ability to deal with the world.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Wow just came back from NT thread. I can see a definite difference in our thread and their thread. We would be the rule makers and they would be all the rule breakers, but they wouldn't just break the rules they would come up with some mad scientist scheme to test a hypothesis out. LOL

Yeah, you can see now why i wanted to see if we lot were just as bad .. No where near. :( :)

Oh, I get along fine with my father, it's just dealing with another TJ on me is a little tedious at times. He reminds me that I can't let things slide at times like an FJ would. Having an ESFJ mother and INTJ father is interesting. We have our occasional talks and stuff. It's not like we're estranged. We just keep to our own worlds. We talk about a lot of scientific stuff.

The dynamic with my mother is a lot more interesting. xSFJ is a mother type. I get her all the time with details and technical stuff, and she's always showing her knowledge of how the world works to me. It's just two different ways of interacting with the world, and I definitely have a lot to learn from an ESFJ. My father nourishes my technical side, and my mother helps me develop my ability to deal with the world.

That's exactly what i am doing with my kid. I don't think anyone in his school knows this kids has the best sense of humour ever. I just hope he appreciates my no nonesense bullshit ..

How comes your parents haven't killed each other just out of curiousity??

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
That's exactly what i am doing with my kid. I don't think anyone in his school knows this kids has the best sense of humour ever. I just hope he appreciates my no nonesense bullshit ..

How comes your parents haven't killed each other just out of curiousity??

I didn't understand that either, but apparently it's the fact that opposites attract. Maybe it's just that each one can fulfill their own needs on their own, so they don't want a partner that is similar to them. They've been married 37 years I think. They just really love each other. They fight a crapload, but there's no getting around it. Their marriage is a rollercoaster and I'd assume any healthy marriage is that way.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I didn't understand that either, but apparently it's the fact that opposites attract. Maybe it's just that each one can fulfill their own needs on their own, so they don't want a partner that is similar to them. They've been married 37 years I think. They just really love each other. They fight a crapload, but there's no getting around it. Their marriage is a rollercoaster and I'd assume any healthy marriage is that way.

I wonder if this to do when them being 'Old School' or maybe different values, i don't know. Huge pat on the back to them. :) :) :)