• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] As children

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, the child small.wonder was pretty much that. Call me strange but I've often referred to my little self as "the child who soared" because I was just so effortless-- but perhaps all children are in their own way.

I was actually pretty extroverted (though I've wondered if it was just Sx/So?), a definite ring leader and instigator but also very emotionally intuitive. I was always fiercely protective of the bullied or injured, very pure-hearted but also quite quippy and hot headed. I remember being maybe 6 or 7 at my Dad's company picnic, and him playing on my flippant nature (which I guess he though was charming) by calling me up on the stage while he was giving a speech. I had a water gun and squirted him in the face. :whistling: I must have thought it was funny then, but the fact that I was encouraged to behave that way kind of grieves me now.

I was a giant tomboy who devoted a lot of time to ballet and my idea of starting a WNFL (this is legit in my 4th grade yearbook). When I had crushes on boys I would tease and bully them at recess. :blush: Though I wouldn't have guessed it of her then, my best childhood friend grew into a 7w8 ESTP-- we did war over the dominance/leadership of our friendship pretty often (which I find interesting).

4th grade was the first time that I realized I wasn't "popular", though I'm not sure it bothered me much-- weirdly, I actually get an image in my mind whenever I think about it: the stretch of hallway that my classroom was in, and the knowledge of wearing stirrup leggings and my navy blue USA sweatshirt. Funny the things we remember.

I did have a very strong sense of morality as a kid, wanting to pay attention in school and help others. Still, my respect for authority was very much dependent on the individual in question, and there were times that I was outright defiant (but always with a cause).

Big ideas were frequently my thing and I was usually leading my friends in some sort of shenanigans: teaching them choreography for a "show" I thought we should put on, leading nature walks through the conservancy around my house, or hatching hair brained schemes that really made little sense.

Strong willed, compassionate, imaginative, earnest, intensely and shamelessly expressive, and probably a little overbearing.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Um, whoops! I just realized that this is in the SJ forum section, and I'm not! :blush: NJ contribution? Sorry!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was Se, then Fi. But as adult, I seem Fi then Se. I seem so Se child. So Strawberry Shortcake, KIDS Incorporated, so New Wave, so Post Punk, so many crystal clear memories, so many radio stations, so many 80s horror movies, so much Grandad.

I feel very S child, church and school and God and books and corporate radio.

Seem so much Fi bike riding Black Hole Sun teen, young adult felt actual need to move to West coast. Down on the West Coast, music history, watch me cook, fuck, and dance.

I seem very SFP. I SEEM very Se as child. I could read very thick books and do very firm cartwheels and remember Cruel Summer.

Id be Se always, except it's SI or Fi, I just can't, I mean seriously, fuck Rhianna and Gwen Stefani.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh, the child small.wonder was pretty much that. Call me strange but I've often referred to my little self as "the child who soared" because I was just so effortless-- but perhaps all children are in their own way.

I was actually pretty extroverted (though I've wondered if it was just Sx/So?), a definite ring leader and instigator but also very emotionally intuitive. I was always fiercely protective of the bullied or injured, very pure-hearted but also quite quippy and hot headed. I remember being maybe 6 or 7 at my Dad's company picnic, and him playing on my flippant nature (which I guess he though was charming) by calling me up on the stage while he was giving a speech. I had a water gun and squirted him in the face. :whistling: I must have thought it was funny then, but the fact that I was encouraged to behave that way kind of grieves me now.

I was a giant tomboy who devoted a lot of time to ballet and my idea of starting a WNFL (this is legit in my 4th grade yearbook). When I had crushes on boys I would tease and bully them at recess. :blush: Though I wouldn't have guessed it of her then, my best childhood friend grew into a 7w8 ESTP-- we did war over the dominance/leadership of our friendship pretty often (which I find interesting).

4th grade was the first time that I realized I wasn't "popular", though I'm not sure it bothered me much-- weirdly, I actually get an image in my mind whenever I think about it: the stretch of hallway that my classroom was in, and the knowledge of wearing stirrup leggings and my navy blue USA sweatshirt. Funny the things we remember.

I did have a very strong sense of morality as a kid, wanting to pay attention in school and help others. Still, my respect for authority was very much dependent on the individual in question, and there were times that I was outright defiant (but always with a cause).

Big ideas were frequently my thing and I was usually leading my friends in some sort of shenanigans: teaching them choreography for a "show" I thought we should put on, leading nature walks through the conservancy around my house, or hatching hair brained schemes that really made little sense.

Strong willed, compassionate, imaginative, earnest, intensely and shamelessly expressive, and probably a little overbearing.

We all remember it darling, we just wonder why you name yourself.

I'm more Texas Chainsaw, KIDS Incorporated, Human League. ..I only fancied theme songs as an adult.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Um, whoops! I just realized that this is in the SJ forum section, and I'm not! :blush: NJ contribution? Sorry!

You're an Fi dom, so you are likely in an OK place. Always and never.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We all remember it darling, we just wonder why you name yourself.

Haha, I did disclaim that. Well, you can wonder why I named my childhood self, while I wonder why you define your childhood completely by the culture and media of the day (granted, that does correlate with your Enneagram typing). ;)

You're an Fi dom, so you are likely in an OK place. Always and never.

I'm actually not that either, Ni dominates for me.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A very small detail/story that will fill you in on my 11 year old self... I filled some pages of spiral notebooks while in class with 'I love ballet' written over and over in various colors. :smile:

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was a nervous child, and fidgeted a lot to point where my mom thought making fun of me for it would encourage me to stop. It didn't. I planned for dangerous events that I thought would happen, and got my sisters to do the same. I got upset every time they wasted food. I also nagged them to clean their areas (not their rooms since I didn't go in them so I didn't care) because my parents wouldn't. And I would chase them out of my room when I didn't want them there. She eventually stopped trying, so I guess I scared her. I just wanted to be alone most of the time.

I have two sisters, but one of them was only a year and 18 days younger than me, so people treated us as twins. Especially since we were in the same grade.

At school I was mostly well behaved, and rarely got caught if I broke a rule. But I still didn't try hard on my homework, and I sucked at most subjects. I had a feeling that my teachers thought I was stupid. In class I never said a word unless called on, but was more talkative at recess.

I spent most of my time at home daydreaming or playing pretend with various toys. My parents spoiled me and it got to a point where I was more worried about money than they were.

sunny-sun-sun

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I was basically the very withdrawn, well-behaved, quiet sort of kid. As a child, I had a lot of trouble interacting with people outside my family - as a result, I've never really had any close friends until I was, say, ten years old, so I ended up spending my freetime with either my parents or my big brother. I never really minded that absence of friends, though, and I have overall very fond memories of my childhood.

In kindergarten, no one really minded my shy nature, but that doesn't mean I was that popular, either. However, there were some really rough times, too. As I said before, I was always an immensely withdrawn kid and, on top of that, very shy and silent. Because I never raised my hand in class and basically never spoke to my classmates except for some kids I considered to be my friends, I was seen as quite weird and got bullied in my last two years of grade school, which didn't exactly help in terms of making me more outgoing.
Upon entering middle school (after again some occasional incidents of bullying which were resolved rather quickly), I saw that my new classmates were leagues better and nicer than the ones from grade school and I became very comfortable in my class. I met my best friend and many other awesome friends there and had a lot of fun.

I hope I didn't wallow in self-pity too much there :blush:
But overall, I think you could say that I've always been pretty heavily introverted and timid, but willing to come out of my shell if surrounded by the right people. :D

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Very happy, full of joy. Somewhat sociable and a favorite for many. People were prone to jealousy because of my very light and carefree nature.

What artists sing about wanting to be a kid again. :)

Lol just noticed how this contrasted with my signature.

Laxton

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Same here. I was also weird, immature, and kind of a dick. I've grown up a lot since then, but I'm still kind of an asshole. People seem to like me though, so maybe it doesn't show as much as I think it does.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
MIGGAGWE

Miggagwe is an undiscoverd island. I, [redacted], am the only kid (or grownup) that has seen Miggagwe.

Miggagwe means "the land of beuty", it is called that because every single kind of flower lives there. Kittens play in the meadows. I have seen it all! Unicorns, + dolphins + amazing cretures live there. Palm trees grow on the beaches. Wow-ee!

[drawings of palm trees and flowers]

No people in Miggagwe
Miggagwe was discoverd
at 11-17-2007

by [redacted]

The animals know. me + there enimies are my enimies + my enimies are there enimies.

By EJCC, age 7
predicting her later conquest of a foreign land

Enemies of meadow kittens, beware.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Liked to write and draw, often expressing a dark sense of humor. Perfectionistic about creations and would hide or throw out those that weren't up to par.

Interested in cat breeds and dangerous wildlife - eventually would develop a tolerance to earthly fangs and escalate to drawing monsters, but alongside slapstick comics. Found comics frustrating to draw because they came up with the story way faster than they could draw the panels, so eventually dispensed with the panels.

Not too interested in babies, but envious of the attention their baby sibling got. Also envious of the good qualities of family members in general, seeing oneself as lacking them.

Took some subconscious pride in being a friendly person in unfriendly corners of the adolescent internet.

Expressed anger only in certain, rigid contexts but not in others - but that's what you get when both GAD and peer sexual harassment are early onset, not a type.

By EJCC, age 7
predicting her later conquest of a foreign land

Enemies of meadow kittens, beware.
This reminds me of one of those letters we wrote in school that was supposed to be mailed back to us in 15 years or so. Mine went like:

"Dear Future Alaska,

I don't know what to write, so here is a drawing of two monkeys swordfighting.

[insert slapdash drawing here]

Regards,

Alaska"

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I remember having a stuffed toy cat which was about 30 cm tall. I saw it, fell in love with it, and then begged my parents for it if I passed the swimming test, which I did, with silver.

I later found a miniature version of it in Japan, but better crafted and more expensive. So now I have it back home. Kitty Junior Lives On.

I loved dinosaurs. There was this vendor that gave out toys with drinks, so I bought from him a lot and he gave me free stuff.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i was an extrovert as a kid... i liked telling jokes (and would read books of them to subject others to)... i was nearly as stubborn then as i am now... i was pretty good about following rules that made sense, and avoided anything i deemed dangerous (though that didn't always align with adult opinions)... i was honest most of the time and liked helping people (when i wasn't told to)... i think the most frustrating thing for people in my life (then and now) is my refusal to follow orders... i would sit and do absolutely nothing all day rather than do something i didn't want to... i remember being the leader in social groups, and that i put lots of effort into including more quiet children... i liked reading, being outdoors, and video games (not much changed there)... i tried hard to be a good christian, but i hated hymns and public prayer... i spent lots of time caring for younger children (i was the oldest)... i spent lots of time with knives. hatchets, and throwing stars...

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was an antisocial prick. Didn't socialize properly until mid high school, I think. Well, it was more like not bothering with friends for a little while, until prompted. Generally pretty quiet as a kid. I'd like to think I'm much better these days.

Apart from that, well...I grew up with computers. Liked them from a young age. Though not entirely in the programming sense...

Kas

Fabula rasa
-Liked being at the centre of attention
-Liked performing - theatre, singing... everything
-Liked being praised.
-Bookworm, but I also liked sports (table tennis and football)
-Liked knowing everything e.g. being the youngest in the theatre group I learned not only my lines, but the lines of everyone- I must have been truly annoying.
-Had many interests, engaged in many activities
-Rather obedient. I used to break rules, when I didn't liked them, but then I felt guilty, admit the true and apologised.
-Very stubborn
-Peacemaker- after arguments my friends used to come to me and talk what bothered them (usually both of them one after the other:unsure:), sometimes I was interfering during arguments as well
-Made unreal plans e.g. in he age of 6 I told everyone who listened that 'next year' I'm going to high mountains
-Sensitive, sort of crybaby (although ashamed about it)
-Was afraid/disgusted by many things
-Desperately wanting to be as good as my older sister in everything

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I was very, very introverted, shy, quiet, and had acute feelings of inferiority. I was also very skinny and just felt weird in my body overall. I rejected femininity (yes, I'm a woman) and always got along better with boys, but I didn't really make "friends" like other kids. When school was done, I just went home and stayed there. I moved often and went to like... 7 different schools. I didn't really develop a steady friendship until 7th or 8th grade, and that lasted through high school and into adulthood for awhile. And by a frienship, I mean A friendship (well, technically 3, but 1 that stood out). Everyone else was just an acquaintance - even if we hung out, I didn't really feel attached to them.

I did have moments of rebellion though, especially in high school. I always stood up for people who were wronged, very vocally. I skipped school a lot, etc. But as a young kid, very withdrawn.