• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] How old were you when you had your first serious girlfriend/boyfriend?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You partically answered my question i was just about to ask .. Do you generally like lack of commitment and responsibility??? In relationships or other aspects of your life.

I don't like commitment if I don't feel commited out of free will (Because I want to be). So in that regard yes.

But if I want to commit, I have no problems with it whatsoever.

It will be very clear if I want to be commited or don't want to be commited however in a relationship. I don't do the middle way when it comes to relationships. :)

illume

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Serious, going steady kinda thing? I was 17 and in my Freshman year of college. Guy was a real Tommy Chong, stoner type. ISFP I think. Very sweet, but no real goals. Of course at that point neither did I!! Total disaster.... The only thing we did was hang out and get high. Amazingly enough I did not flunk out. We broke up shortly thereafter. I think of that whole year as part of "finding myself." Man was I ever lost.....:doh:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not sure I've ever had a serious one. I think they've all been pretty goofy.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
I don't think I've ever had what I would consider a serious relationship. I casually dated a bit through college, but usually I was too busy with school or work to bother with dating.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
First relationship (as in non-serious but in the more innocent "boyfriend-girlfriend" sense: 11

First sexually-active relationship: 16

First serious relationship: 17

17 might be a bit young to call it "serious", but it's definitely the first I've been actually emotionally invested in. Going on to a year, now.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
NTP's seem to have a nonchalant approach to relationships ..

STPs have them beat.

Speaking of which, does sex imply serious? Probably not. Then I probably wasn't serious until I met my wife!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My first relationship was online, I don't know how many people consider those serious or not.. so going by those standards: 15.

My first 'serious' non-online relationship: 19.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
First boyfriend when I was 14, my father chased him down the street and I never seen him again.

My first real relationship when I was 17.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
First boyfriend when I was 14, my father chased him down the street and I never seen him again.

I never understood this kind of behavior... :huh:

Well, unless the boyfriend was about your dad's age...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
19, for as long as that lasted. I tend to always take it seriously...

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
First serious girlfriend: never.

I'm 20.

Actually a (quasi?) goal of mine is to get into a "serious relationship" but I sense I should be careful what I wish for because I'd just be way over my head.

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I was fifteen when I had my first "real" boyfriend, but I'd say my first "serious" relationship was at seventeen.