• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs - what do you do for work?

simpleamazement

MBTI Type
istj
Enneagram
Okay, here we go:

What exactly do you do for work?

If you're going to school, what are you studying for?

Do you like your job? If not, then why? Do you think you would be happier doing something else?

Are you in your career field? If so, how what made you decide that you wanted to be in this career?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Currently active duty military, with a little over a year left on the contract. Next on the to-do list is go back to school and get at least an Associates Degree, and then apply to law enforcement agencies. Pretty typical for an ISTJ eh?

I don't like the military life, although I don't regret my decision to join. Police work has been an interest of mine since about age 17. It's an interesting and dynamic field and I feel like I can actually contribute to the community in which I work, even if only on a small scale.

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Okay, here we go:

I work at a residential facility for abused, neglected, abandoned, or orphaned children.

Do you like your job? If not, then why? Do you think you would be happier doing something else?
Yes, I love it. I am totally happy there and wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

Are you in your career field? If so, how what made you decide that you wanted to be in this career?
Somewhat. My training has been with graphic design and media, and I get to use those a lot where I am employed. The important thing to me, however, is that I'm helping underprivileged children receive the care they need and deserve, even though it is in a behind-the-scenes type way. I have known for over ten years that I would love to somehow help children like this. My reasons for doing so are because of personal experiences as well as the experiences of others I have cared about very deeply.

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I don't know why I posted in this. For some reason I thought it was just addressed to SJ's. Oops.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Studied electrical engineering in college, just graduated. Looking for a job, haven't found anything yet in this job market. But I'm glad to have an undergraduate engineering degree under my belt.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I still don't know what type of career I want. My ideal career is getting money for doing absolutely nothing, but sadly nothing like that exists as far as I know.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I work in the men's department of a department store. It's okay, but it's such a feeler job, that I feel so out of place being a T, especially an introvert. It's fine for a college job, but I wouldn't delve into it at all.

I'm currently studying accounting in college. It's easy for me. I don't give a shit about it, but it's simple so, I'm going for it.

simpleamazement

MBTI Type
istj
Enneagram
I work in the Information Systems / IT department for a billing company. I'm also going to school to get a Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems. I love my job and field of work. I'm absolutely in my career field, and on my path to where I want to be. After trial and error, thinking, exploring, and doing assessments, I figured out that I wanted this to be my career.

jazzyidahovandal

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I graduated with degrees in journalism and recreation. I've worked in the marketing field previously and was laid off. My internship was in college athletics media relations and I really wanted to get into that field, but it has not worked out for whatever reason.

With this economy, I'll be satisfied to get a job in the communications field. I love doing layout and writing articles. I'm getting close, since the interviews are more frequent than they used to be.

WickedQueen

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I'm a journalist and a freelance novelist.

Do you like your job?
Absolutely. I got everything I want and need from this job.

I always love to read, write, meet new & inspiring people, and have some great adventures. My job give it all.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I am currently a roofer/carpenter. I'll admit, the roofing SUCKS! :rolli: But I'll be back in school in August, so I will either stop doing it or cut my hours waaaaay back!:D

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I was a grocery store's service clerk for two years. A bagger, if you will. The day I turned 18, my manager was more than happy to bump me up to Produce Clerk. I'm going for Business / Management in college, so my Assistant Store Director says I need to gain experience in all of the departments, so she'll be moving me around a bit.

I like my job as it is, and I'm sure I'll like it more when I get up higher. Of course, the primary reason for having a job is financial stability and personal security. (Not to mention that if that perfect girl with the huge lighted-up sign on her head finds me, I'll need to be able to support her as well as myself.)

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, here we go:

I work at a Tim Horton's Restaurant. I currently do upfront/register, baking, and unload truck.

Justin said:

I start school in the Fall at RIT. I'll be studying Electrical Engineering. I also will be involved in AFROTC there.

Justin said:

Currently I'm indifferent to my job. It can be enjoyable at times. It's just something to keep me afloat through college though. It's a means to an ends.

Justin said:

No, I'm not in my career field. I plan on going active military. I am hoping to become a pilot, but who knows. My end goal is NASA or at the least to become an astronaut. Maybe through the private industry? If that doesn't work out maybe constitutional law. Or lifetime military? I'm not really sure. Depends on where I am in a few years.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm now a sub-editor at a magazine publishing company, woop! I love it. Being an organised perfectionist is all part of the job, but I also get to indulge my creative side. I've already had someone praise me for being 'clearly a thinker, not superficial', and I'm diplomatic too apparently. Odd.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm a CPA who is currently in Internal Audit at a mutual fund company. I like audit, but I'd rather do financial statements.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP

I paint fences/railings/whatever you want to call them... metal ones. I just do this in my apartment complex as a summer job before I leave for college.

Undecided, but it really bothers me. I need to figure out what I want to do with my life, and fast.

It's decent if only for the fact that it's pretty simple and it pays well. I don't like having to wear bad old clothing because I like being dressed in a more sophisticated manner, but that's not too big of a deal. However, I want a more permanent and stable job, and I have to move inside whenever there's rain, and then I fall asleep in the afternoon, and I don't like... no, scratch that, I hate sleeping in the afternoon. Also, it'd be nice if some of the people to interact with around here weren't old.

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9

I'm studying Computing Science at my university, with an intention of starting a career in software development as a programmer.

Yes, as it allows me a degree of creative freedom. An involvement in the arts has always been appealing to me, but I'm not sure if I would be happier per say.

Yes, I suppose so. It's always been something that I was good at and I find that there is much satisfaction to be had in software development.

Sam Spade

MBTI Type
ISTj
I'm currently a college sophomore double majoring in History & German.

History and languages have been well, my obsessions from early childhood. I wouldn't dream of studying anything else really.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9

I'm a student / software developer / indie game developer

I have papers for being a computer technian, but I'm currently studying computer sciences at the local university.

Studying is sometimes nice. Lots of stuff to learn, but sometimes it feels uselessly theoretic. Software developing is nice (and pays more), but I like more developing games.

Well, I'd hope to be a professional game developer one day. Not perharps working with AAA games, but something more than simple flash/mobile games. Something that stands the test of time better than the state-of-the-art games.

fishingdude

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Technical Support Manager - I worked my way up from a technician. It's nice to be able to work in a field that is constantly changing. It really keeps you on your toes and doesn't get too dull.

As a perfectionist, it's also fun to work on scripts that will make my job and other's easier. It is just a job to me and I don't really take a great interest in technology outside of work. My personal passion is gardening.