• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] What are ISFJs like when it comes to lying?

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I've read that they're very honest and loyal but they also seem like the personality type that would lie to "avoid a conflict" or lie to not hurt someone's feelings. Does this sound accurate? If this is true, do you think it's bad relationship behavior?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah my step mom would make up elaborate "not lies" to try to explain things. I could see it being a problem if it got out of hand.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Yeah my step mom would make up elaborate "not lies" to try to explain things. I could see it being a problem if it got out of hand.

Lol sadly I have seen infp/enfp/esfp/enfj/infj/isfj/esfj all guilty of the same thing.

Maybe it's something about F? :newwink:

I consider my isfj friend to be very honest, but I know she would lie to spare my feelings. I still don't see that as making her a dishonest person though. I know she would never lie when it mattered.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Well it was more about the elaborate-ness of the lies. And the fact that "truth is so important to her" so she doesn't see it.

Another bizarreness was seeing mistakes as "lies"

Ok I'm done with the step mom comments. srsly!

Snow Turtle

Occasionally I'll omit truths, but I won't lie unless it's for personal protection ie. keeping something a secret and diverting the attention elsewhere. In general I think lying to avoid conflict is a bad move as it'll eventually come into light. It just makes things a lot more worse.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Well it was more about the elaborate-ness of the lies.

You should hear some of my enfp brother's elaborate lies, omg I find it shocking that he honestly expects anyone to believe them, they are so out there. :doh:

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
LOL, the only time I tend to lie is if I don't want to hurt a persons feeling. BUT, the right side of my face blushes. I think that side has to do with emotions. It started this two years back with a micro-manager that made me paranoid being around her. :D

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm terrible at reading facial expressions, but it's obvious when my ISFJ lies:

Me: You're telling porkies, aren't you?
ISFJ: Uhhhhhh. Noooo...? *hands suddenly take an active interest in her face*

She's a terrible liar. By that I mean she's terrible at lying.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SJs can be quite invested in keeping up appearances. Will even lie to do this.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Ohhhh .. I would say i am about 95% honest. I am a say then think person and when i see that i have upset someone with my honesty (sometimes brutal, i have no tact sometimes), i try to reword it so it sounds more sensitive.

Example -
Friend, do i look fat in this?
Me, it doesn't show off your best assets.

Is that lying because i didn't answer the question. However if you read into what i was saying i am saying you look fat in that so try something else.

I am learning though that there are people who like my no nonsense honesty, and those i have to be careful around. :D