• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] What would your 'future' you tell the 'present' you

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
OK i have stole this idea from another thread, slightly different though .. Never mind.

Lets do a back to the future kind of scenario. Your Future YOU (15 years from now) leaves the present YOU a letter, obviously they can not see you in person as they would cause rifts in the time line etc etc. Blarrrr

What would this letter say?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'll go first :cheese:.

Hello Sarah.

Some advice, please take it you stubborn so and so.
Firstly, you look great at 45 yrs old so stop worrying that you will get fat. It isn't important in the grand scheme of things.
Everything did happen for a reason, and you will be happy with the results. Your hard work did pay off. You regained your confidence and you did fall in love with the right man. You even remarried.
The boys turned out OK, the youngest didn't become an actor, but he is out there working at Area 51. The eldest, well he just got on with life but he is working with animals.
All that worry over them, and still it all turned out OK.
You are strong, so when the chips are down, just pick yourself back up love.
People are proud of you, be proud of yourself and it is OK to ask for help. Noone will shoot you for it.
You didn't get to have your farm afterall, but that's OK, you are happy with the man of your dreams.

Keep your chin up gal.

Lots of love
Sarah xx

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm still deciding if my future self is such a joker, she'll try to screw with my current self, take things too lightly ("Dear Jen hon, get the boob job, you won't regret it!"), or be serious.

Sometimes knowing too much, we won't do the things we need to do to get to where we ended up.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dear Colors,

Damn girl. You were cute then. Get out of the house.

Love,
Colors
OXOXOXOXOX

But more seriously, don't you guys think sending letters to past-you is somewhat disastrous?

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I know I would have told myself, "SAVE THE DARN MONEY!" Can't think of anything else, but I should have saved for that red Jeep Wrangler. Seriously...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Dear BlackCat-

Stop worrying about girls so much, seriously! You're pathetic. You will get a girlfriend, I'm happy with her right now. Just enjoy your life and get through college.

Sincerely,

Me"

Hah. Something like that. Can't think of anything else to say really, there isn't much going on with me.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Sometimes knowing too much, we won't do the things we need to do to get to where we ended up.

Sometimes that could be a good thing. ;)

Mine would be quite indepth, with many a warning. I only hope my old self wouldn't dismiss the advice regardless just because her feelings were still so sure. :doh:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
We'd discuss quantum physics and his latest findings on space time: is it continuous and discreet.
In the second case I'd have to let go of the idea of individuality as anything but a structure retention\memory. A copy of a copy of a copy if you will.
So i'd be talking to a total stranger. (which is also kind of true with continuous space time anyway but hey u don't have any idea of what i'm talking about anyway)

'm simplifying but yeah, that'd be a cool talk. Especially with all the details and nuances <3

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes that could be a good thing. ;)

Definitely. :)

Mine would be quite indepth, with many a warning. I only hope my old self wouldn't dismiss the advice regardless just because her feelings were still so sure. :doh:

That's the problem -- the old self isn't at a stage to accept the revelations of the new self yet, sigh.

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Exactly. I would be as specific as possible. Personally, if I got a letter from "future me" and it was filled with "you'll go through a hardship but don't worry, you'll get through it" and other fortune cookie sayings like that, then I'd be disappointed. Furthermore, I probably wouldn't really accept any of these revelations (like the poster above me stated) because it wasn't indepth enough to convince change my mind or affect my mindset.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear Alex,

I'm writing you a quick note to remind you of the following over the next 15 years:

(1) Don't be too hard on yourself.
(2) Stop living up to everybody else's expectations of you.
(3) You have a right to be happy, don't be fooled by staying in bad environments because you have something to prove or because you think you can fix things.
(4) Trust your instincts about people, they've always been good.
(5) You will be happy years from now that you have always kept good people in your life, keep doing what you already do with regard to choosing friends.
(6) Stop being so damn OCD! The sink is clean and the fucking car door is locked already. Jesus H. Christ!
(7) Be wary of desk jobs! You are too hyper and hands on for them to be good for you!
(8) More cardio, less weights, your foundation is built, don't fuck it up by being stupid.
(9) Keep spending lots of time with your daughters, they are growing up faster than you know.
(10) Be patient, loving, and forgiving with wifey, as she is with you, have lots of fun with her, and don't forget she loves to travel instead of jamming on guitars and synthesizers like you, you freaking music junkie.
(11) You will be happy that you've been ESTP/7w8 all these years, it's going to be ALOT of fun, you have no idea...

;)

That's it. Be good and have fun!

Yours (Literally),

-Alex

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear SH,

Guess what? You die.

Sincerly, you.

WTF??? :shock:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Please tell me you are joking.

If you are terminally ill I am very sorry...

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
WTF??? :shock:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Please tell me you are joking.

If you are terminally ill I am very sorry...

That was infj humor hal, let it go.;)

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Good idea saslou!

Dear Shaula,

Oh for God's sake stop beating around the bush and just do it. Get out of the house. The only way you are going to acheive anything is by making mistakes. You will never be perfect. So chill out. You give good advice to others but you fail to follow it yourself. What the hell is up with that? I mean come on, I'm closer to death now and it's all your fault that I have still not lived up to my dreams yet. Speaking of which, all of your immediate family have died. (No, it's not funny! Stop laughing!) So get the act together while you still have a support system.

P.S. Stop being so hard on yourself. :)

Then I'd probably add some financial advice... and brag about how cool my new iPod is.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Firstly .. Cheers, i am surprised that anyone replied. I am into all this new age stuff. I like to see psychic's, i want to hear about my future, but i still take what is told with a grain of salt. People can look back and think 'oh i wish i had done that differently', or 'i should of found time to do that' .. i just thought this was a cool idea. :hug:

I'm still deciding if my future self is such a joker, she'll try to screw with my current self, take things too lightly ("Dear Jen hon, get the boob job, you won't regret it!"), or be serious.

:coffee: .. I didn't want you to analyze, i wanted you to write a letter or 2. one serious, one joking. The choice was yours. Never mind.

Dear Colors,

Damn girl. You were cute then. Get out of the house.

Love,
Colors
OXOXOXOXOX

But more seriously, don't you guys think sending letters to past-you is somewhat disastrous?

Yes, if you have given it to much thought. I like your letter though. :)

Dear Alex,

I'm writing you a quick note to remind you of the following over the next 15 years:

(1) Don't be too hard on yourself.
(2) Stop living up to everybody else's expectations of you.
(3) You have a right to be happy, don't be fooled by staying in bad environments because you have something to prove or because you think you can fix things.
(4) Trust your instincts about people, they've always been good.
(5) You will be happy years from now that you have always kept good people in your life, keep doing what you already do with regard to choosing friends.
(6) Stop being so damn OCD! The sink is clean and the fucking car door is locked already. Jesus H. Christ!
(7) Be wary of desk jobs! You are too hyper and hands on for them to be good for you!
(8) More cardio, less weights, your foundation is built, don't fuck it up by being stupid.
(9) Keep spending lots of time with your daughters, they are growing up faster than you know.
(10) Be patient, loving, and forgiving with wifey, as she is with you, have lots of fun with her, and don't forget she loves to travel instead of jamming on guitars and synthesizers like you, you freaking music junkie.
(11) You will be happy that you've been ESTP/7w8 all these years, it's going to be ALOT of fun, you have no idea...

;)

That's it. Be good and have fun!

Yours (Literally),

-Alex

Thank you .. Just what i wanted. :static:

Dear SH,

Guess what? You die.

Sincerly, you.

So funny (not).. So morbid. :chillpill:

Good idea saslou!

Dear Shaula,

Oh for God's sake stop beating around the bush and just do it. Get out of the house. The only way you are going to acheive anything is by making mistakes. You will never be perfect. So chill out. You give good advice to others but you fail to follow it yourself. What the hell is up with that? I mean come on, I'm closer to death now and it's all your fault that I have still not lived up to my dreams yet. Speaking of which, all of your immediate family have died. (No, it's not funny! Stop laughing!) So get the act together while you still have a support system.

P.S. Stop being so hard on yourself. :)

Then I'd probably add some financial advice... and brag about how cool my new iPod is.

Thank you .. An IN that hasn't rationalised it, just took it for what it is .. Thank you again ..:hug:

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Reco,

Learn from those around you, and don't be afraid to ask for help. Don't become disheartened if your students hate you and/or your class...it happens...smile anyway. You know that you're teaching them a lot more than just subject matter (James 1). Try that whole "killing people with kindness thing" -- it sounds like fun. Also, figure out how to get your computer files organized nicely...they're a mess. They're called folders, use them. You'll thank me later.

Worrying is futile, so don't fret about where you'll be living, who you're going to marry, if there will be a job for you, or your next step...God has always provided abundantly more than you have ever needed, so take heart and have some faith. It will all be ok. Debes mejorar tus habilidades en espanol...no quiero que olvides todo que aprendiste! Busca una persona con quien puedes practicar. Trust your instincts about people, and keep company with those who are awesome. Also, all that queso dip will likely catch up with you some day...so be kind to your future self.

Ummm, other than that, just wing it, and enjoy life.

See you later...or not,

Me...er you.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Wow Reco, that sounds like a letter that was meant for me. Oooh so much in common, students, killing with kindness, trusting the Universe sort of thing, keeping company with awesome people..

So glad I came to Typology there are many awesome understanding people here. Thanks

uberrogo

MBTI Type
istj
Dear Sam,

Don't bother with the Freemasons, use this Horse Racing Almanac instead. Some good stocks to buy are X,Y,Z.... and sell them on dates E, F, G. Anyway you will be surprised at how all your friends turned out. Haha. Keep stretching everyday, you will need it.