• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] SJ writers/authors/poets

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ISFJ
William Wordsworth
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Louisa May Alcott
John Betjeman
Sylvia Plath
John Irving
Seamus Heaney
Thomas Hardy
Samuel Richardson
Sinclair Lewis (IxFx)
Kate Atkinson (IxFJ)

ISTJ
Ben Jonson
Samuel Johnson
William Wycherley
Raymond Chandler (ISTx)

ESFJ
Stephanie Meyer (ExFx)

Bracketed authors mean possibly.

I want to hear agreements/disagreements with the above list and other suggestions...

Last edited:

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I know a fictional character ISFJ :D Tess of the D'ubervilles

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
ISTJ
Ben Jonson
Samuel Johnson
William Wycherley

Maybe Raymond Chandler, Sinclair Lewis, Kate Atkinson and Stephanie Meyer?
Oh, PLEASE do not put Stephanie Meyer in the ISTJ group. I don't want her in my group. :laugh: Personally, based on her interviews and such, I don't think she's an ISTJ at all. Off the top of my mind? I would say INFJ. Although I could be completely wrong, because I haven't really thought about it in depth before. :blush:

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, PLEASE do not put Stephanie Meyer in the ISTJ group. I don't want her in my group. :laugh: Personally, based on her interviews and such, I don't think she's an ISTJ at all. Off the top of my mind? I would say INFJ. Although I could be completely wrong, because I haven't really thought about it in depth before. :blush:

I mean that those bottom authors are SJs, not necessarily ISTJs. Meyer I think is an ESFJ.

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Oh, I see :yes:

Just to clarify though, are we typing these authors as people (based on their interviews & biographies) or based on their writing? Is it the same? Or can someone be an SJ in real life, but write like a different type? I know, in this forum, some people have tried to type others based on their writing (obviously since that's all we can see of them) and the original poster has replied back that they are different in real life (i.e. "more open about their feelings in their writing than in real-life" or something else). I guess this is because writing can be used as an outlet for people. A shy or quiet person might use writing as their substitute "voice" and come across as a lot more outspoken and confident in their written word.

Or are we not talking about "what" they write, but "how" they write: including a lot of details, very structured, use of heavy imagery, focus on detail, stories include a "moral", etc.?

Last edited:

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
One should use caution when typing through writing. It's best used as supplementary evidence to known facts about their lives/interviews.

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Yes, that's why I asked if we were basing it off of their interviews & biographies or just purely off their writing? So you're saying to combine both then? Ok.

Although this could potentially be problematic if there is/can be a difference between "writing style type" and "personality type". We could potentially read something and think one type, then see a live interview of the person that proves that the way that person is in real-life is very different from the way we would assume based on his/her writing. Although perhaps, like you said earlier, that's not even possible.

Haha don't mind me. I'm overthinking this, I know. :blush: We can just move on. :D

It's best used as supplementary evidence to known facts about their lives/interviews.
I agree.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Update:

ISFJ
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Louisa May Alcott
John Betjeman