• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] What is your idea of a romantic gesture or evening?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Be honest ladies and gentleman .. Give an example if you want ;)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Be honest ladies and gentleman .. Give an example if you want ;)

A handwritten letter. A poem. A story. A painting or piece of art. A mix tape. Something you did with your own heart and hands expressly for the person you love.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A handwritten letter. A poem. A story. A painting or piece of art. A mix tape. Something you did with your own heart and hands expressly for the person you love.

:yes:

These are the only kinds of gestures that denote genuine sincerity/expression to me.

Suppose that makes sense. Creativity=expression of feeling.

As far as an evening goes.. well.. just talking. Connecting. We could be doing anything else along with it. Or just talking. Till sunrise, til we pass out, stretched out on the floor/balled up uncomfortably on a couch together. On opposite ends, not even needing to touch.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
These are the only kinds of gestures that denote genuine sincerity/expression to me.

Suppose that makes sense. Creativity=expression of feeling.

Creation is always an act of love. From children to art. An expression of love that is an assertion of life itself.

As far as an evening goes.. well.. just talking. Connecting. We could be doing anything else along with it. Or just talking. Till sunrise, til we pass out, stretched out on the floor/balled up uncomfortably on a couch together. On opposite ends, not even needing to touch.

Agreed. Nothing is more romantic than talking and connecting with my woman.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Romantic gesture:

Romantic evening:

That's me covered :)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
..So does this mean the 3 of us are s'posta go on a date now?

We can all go on a friend date and see a cheesy movie and talk about boys as we pop chewing gum and titter. Let's invite a whole bunch of other people, too! Just like middle school...

heart

heart on fire
Two people reading in the same room all night quietly who go to bed and have really amazing sex. You know maybe they ordered a pizza and had some ice cream too.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Two people reading in the same room all night quietly who go to bed and have really amazing sex. You know maybe they ordered a pizza and had some ice cream too.

You are truly an introvert! :hug: Quiet THEN sex.

heart

heart on fire
You are truly an introvert! :hug: Quiet THEN sex.

Yes, very quiet evening, really get deep into myself and my internal feelings, then sex----Then chatter like magpies and have cold pizza! :D

Edit: Oh I was supposed to give a romantic gesture!

Backrub, a rose or a thoughtful book. All great romantic gestures.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We can all go on a friend date and see a cheesy movie and talk about boys as we pop chewing gum and titter. Let's invite a whole bunch of other people, too! Just like middle school...

:sick:

heart

heart on fire
For breaky?? I don't know about you and your hubby, but I never schedule anything after sex except "Comatose".

Husband gets brainstorms after sex, has to talk and talks about EVERYTHING.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Husband gets brainstorms after sex, has to talk and talks about EVERYTHING.

I'd say that definitely merits filling him with foods to silence him. :D

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I have nothing to say, ever again! Celebrate!

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Romantic gesture - Having a book read to me, a note .. or something that has required a few minutes time.

An evening - A pizza (homemade of course), a movie (preferably comedy) then wild rampant sex (if no sex, then talking will do until we both fall sleep).

Need more female input here .. i think ;)

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Um, taking a long walk to a river while talking, followed by a quiet moment sitting on a fallen tree next to the river taking in the moment together, followed by an equally long walk back, followed by dinner :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
romantic gesture:

for me: being given a single red rose out of the blue. It means that he thought of me while he was out and about in the world :blush:
for him: Giving him a massage after a tough day after cooking his favorite meal to help him relax.

romantic evening:

We sometimes put our bed in the living room in front of the tv, for an entire sunday, and do nothing but watch movies, snuggle, make love and eat in the bed. Utter bliss...

Alternatively, we often go out to the movies with a romantic dinner beforehand. I know it's cliche, but the only way to get him ranting and talking is to get him somewhere where he can relax, be spoiled and have nothing else distracting him. It is the best way to have an intimate talk without being distracted by household chores, daily life and what not. Then afterwards, we can snuggle up in the movie theatre ;)