User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Given the language he uses, I have a hard time seeing Sting as anything but NFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by A Thousand Years
    I still love you
    I still want you
    A thousand times the mysteries unfold themselves
    Like galaxies in my head

I still love you
    I still want you
    A thousand times the mysteries unfold themselves
    Like galaxies in my head
    On and on the mysteries unwind themselves
    Eternities still unsaid
    Til you love me
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rose
    And as she turns
    This way she moves in the logic of all my dreams
    This fire burns
    I realize that nothing's as it seems

Sweet desert rose
    This memory of Eden haunts us all
    This desert flower
    This rare perfume, is the sweet intoxication of the Fall
    Quote Originally Posted by Brand New Day
    You're the crop to my rotation
    You're the sum of my equation
    I'm the answer to your question
    If you follow my suggestion
    We can turn this ship around
    We'll go up instead of down
    You're the pan and I'm the handle
    You're the flame and I'm the candle

Stand up all you lovers in the world
    Stand up and be counted every boy and every girl
    Stand up all you lovers in the world
    We're starting up a brand new day
    Quote Originally Posted by History Will Teach Us Nothing
    If we seek solace in the prisons of the distant past
    Security in human systems we're told will always always last
    Emotions are the sail and blind faith is the mast
    Without the breath of real freedom we're getting nowhere fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman in New York
    Gentleness, sobriety are rare in this society.
    At night a candle's brighter than the sun.
    Discography Titles:

The Dream of the Blue Turtles
    ...Nothing Like the Sun
    The Soul Cages
    Ten Summoner's Tales
    Mercury Falling
    Brand New Day
    Sacred Love
    Songs from the Labyrinth
    If on a Winter's Night...
    Symphonicities

The deeper you get into Yoga you realize it is a spiritual practice. It's a journey I'm making. I'm heading that way.
    I feel this music has nurtured me as I've been immersing myself in it. I've felt supported by it.
    Humans make the mistake of believing that it is their right to survive. Species die out on this planet all the time without anyone noticing. The planet will still be there, and we must lose this attitude of divine right, that something will save us...
    Songs are built by whimsy, faulty memory, and free association.
    Great music as much about the space in between the notes as it is about the notes themselves.
    In the dingy foyer of the hotel is an old poster from La Comédie Française, sadly peeling from the all behind the desk. Cyrano de Bergerac, it proclaims, a play by Edmond Rostand. I will stand for a few moments to take in its fading gaiety. It is a laughing portrait of a man with an enormous nose and a plumed hat. He is a tragic clown whose misfortune is his honour. He is a man entrusted with a secret; an eloquent and dazzling wit who, having successfully wooed a beautiful woman on behalf of a friend cannot reveal himself as the true author when his friend dies. He is a man who loves but is not loved, and the woman he loves but cannot reach is called Roxanne.

That night I will go to my room and write a song about a girl. I will call her Roxanne. I will conjure her unpaid from the street below the hotel and cloak her in the romance and the sadness of Rostand’s play, and her creation will change my life.

See what I mean?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ILI

For creative, risk-taking entrepreneurs, see Jeff Bezos and Warren Buffett.

For musicians, not sure about popular ones but in my experience a fair amount of instrumentalists will be ISTJs. I have one ISTJ musician friend who is an amazing drummer. He practices hours a day and is technically just spectacular. He also teaches drum instruction. But I've never seen him write a song. I have another friend who is an ISTJ and makes music, but his songs are quite groove oriented -- again, he doesn't write songs in the sense of having melodies, choruses etc.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Chris Hillman, bass player for the Byrds? Or John Deacon from Queen?

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    It's so funny because so many people don't think of the ISTJ as your classic musician. The reason being is that ISTJ's aren't really known for being very creative. However, SJ's are some of the best musicians that I know around. Why do I say this? Well, the reason being is that music is very detail oriented and ISTJ's are great with details. In addition, to be good at music, one must continually practice the same thing over and over again in a routine, and SJ's are great at this. Plus, if an ISTJ can develop their Fi they can be very creative with music as well. I don't think ISTJ's get enough credit when it comes to music. My father is an ISTJ and is an excellent musician.
    I think that the idea that some how SJ's aren't creative is utter non-sense. The fact that an ISTJ can't be creative, write hits, and perform and the like is just I'm going to say it, bull shit. The guitarist from Weezer is a ISTJ, YES I have heard Ed is an ISTJ too, and also I've heard of a lot of ESFJ musicians like Ed Sheeran, Elton John, and Whitney Houston. All successful. Additionally, Brian May of Queen is an ISFJ and Kendrick Lamar is and ISFJ. Yet again MBTI is a theory and I take it with a grain of salt, but I'm an ISTJ and I have autism, which actually makes sense. But, I have a strong Fi and a strong Si, but my Te is quite low right now, but I play guitar, write songs, and the like. I'm taking guitar lessons soon, but have been using yousician in the interim. I will be classically trained. Anyways, I like hard rock, pop rock, pop metal, heavy metal, alternative rock, and that type of stuff and would make music of those genres. Now, because I'm an ISTJ, I can't write a top forty hit. To me it's bullshit. Really it is. SJ's have just as much potential in the arts as any other type, however they may approach it different.
    Likes Yama, agentwashington liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    749 sx
    Socionics
    SNL None

Quote Originally Posted by tyler97 View Post
    I think that the idea that some how SJ's aren't creative is utter non-sense. The fact that an ISTJ can't be creative, write hits, and perform and the like is just I'm going to say it, bull shit. The guitarist from Weezer is a ISTJ, YES I have heard Ed is an ISTJ too, and also I've heard of a lot of ESFJ musicians like Ed Sheeran, Elton John, and Whitney Houston. All successful. Additionally, Brian May of Queen is an ISFJ and Kendrick Lamar is and ISFJ. Yet again MBTI is a theory and I take it with a grain of salt, but I'm an ISTJ and I have autism, which actually makes sense. But, I have a strong Fi and a strong Si, but my Te is quite low right now, but I play guitar, write songs, and the like. I'm taking guitar lessons soon, but have been using yousician in the interim. I will be classically trained. Anyways, I like hard rock, pop rock, pop metal, heavy metal, alternative rock, and that type of stuff and would make music of those genres. Now, because I'm an ISTJ, I can't write a top forty hit. To me it's bullshit. Really it is. SJ's have just as much potential in the arts as any other type, however they may approach it different.
    I'm low key ride or die with ISTJ Maynard James Keenan, and the idea that lateralus was about him coming to terms with inferior Ne.

Anyone can appear stereotypically intuitive if they do enough drugs. It doesn't actually reflect how/what they think.
    Do we want to remind you of something? Yes: the world is good and we belong here.
    — Richard Siken

"...and abstraction is always an impoverishment of reality."
    — Ernst Cassirer

Your Results
    “THE LOGICIAN” (INTP-T) 86% INTROVERTED 56% INTUITIVE 79% THINKING 67% PROSPECTING 57% TURBULENT
    Note: Test result may not reflect actual MBTI type.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp
    Socionics
    SLI Si

An ISTJ would theoretically be a great musician because of an attunement to music and the small little nooks and crannies hidden in music, while using Fi personal values to fuel their song and executing it through a brash Te.

Any type can be a great musician though. I could come up with a reason like that for every type!
    INTROSPECTOR
    Skeptic of Society - Fanatic of Fine Dining - Advocate for Alt-Rock
    "No one is you. That is your superpower." ~Dave Grohl