• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Hey SJs, what do you think of NPs?

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
NPs, or at least NTPs, get frustrated with SJs, and we all know the stereotype they hold. So, what do you think of NPs? Are they equally as silly to you?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Well, I don't know many, but I do respect their silliness. ISTJ and ENTP would make a good working pair, if they are able to work together. ENTP comes up with a ingenious solution, ISTJ points out why it doesn't work in the real life, ENTP makes some changes, and then ISTJ makes it happen. :)

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yes, xNTP's have a tendency to frustrate me. Obviously not all of them! :) But I don't know why this is. I get along fine and NF's and NF's seem to understand me fairly well. :shock:

Hawker45

NPs are some of the funniest people i've ever met, especially the NTPs. They always seem to have the strangest but most stimulating conversations with each other (the intp and intj i know). Perhaps it's jealousy, but i like them. And i must say infps are the cutest little things haha. INFP and INTP are my favourite type.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
They are different, from what I can tell. The few NP's I know, they're alright. I prefer the ENFP's.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFPs are entertaining, though once I had one as a teacher in school and her lack of organization/accuracy drove me up the frickin' WALL...
I've never met an ENFP irl...
ENTPs can bug me because of the whole competetive-arguing-as-fun thing, though (based on my limited experience) they're so funny and random that it all balances out...
and I like INTPs a lot. Weirdly, they seem to like me most of the time (probably because I definitely can have my nerdy-NT moments), and I generally like them too. (They're also great for ego-crushing ('cause they WILL tell you if you're wrong), which can be both good and bad.)

Hawker45

ENTPs can bug me because of the whole competetive-arguing-as-fun thing,

The INTP i know does this a lot. I like arguing for fun, and its funny for the first 20 minutes or so but after that it starts to bug me. But we seem to get along fairly well, even if some of the things i say are just answered with a blank stare...

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
One of my best friends is an ENTP. We get along really well, probably partly because neither of us can stand/deal with dishonesty. We do have very, very different ways of thinking and looking at things, and the way she can suddenly commit herself to some course of action tends to make me nervous for her! In the natural course of things, though, I don't think I hang out with a lot of NPs. They usually aren't interested in me and too much spontaneity can weird me out. (Once I know someone I am more flexible, but if I'm just getting to know somebody and they constantly change things it makes me exhausted)

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJCC
ENTPs can bug me because of the whole competetive-arguing-as-fun thing,

The INTP i know does this a lot. I like arguing for fun, and its funny for the first 20 minutes or so but after that it starts to bug me. But we seem to get along fairly well, even if some of the things i say are just answered with a blank stare...

:yes: I'm not much into arguing for fun. Usually if someone is arguing with me I'll either argue until they convince me and then ask a bunch of questions, or I'll go look up more facts to support my side and be like, "Here. Looks like this is the answer, so now lets talk about..." I guess that makes me rather boring/frustrating for the poor NTPs! Also, I know that I am not the best arguer myself so I usually won't get into an argument unless I am pretty confident I am right AND can explain it clearly.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Haven't had any problems with the NPs. I get along just dandy with the E/INFPs I know. I'm not sure if I know any E/INTPs.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Healthy NPs can be great fun and something that really gets me energized. They can make your life fun!

But unhealty NPs might come out as unreliable, unstable and regressive rebels. That's enough to make any SJ go nuts, the bad way.

So.. it all comes down to how healthy the NP (and the SJ in question) is.

And personally I think INFP's the cutest... :D

zillah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Dominant Ne is too much for me. (I'm not great with most extraverts actually.) But I like having secondary Ne around. (INFPs and INTPs).