• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What other type/s have you previously tested as?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
SJs are only interested in theories if they have a realistic practical application. If the theory is still in the "up in the clouds" mode, then the SJ isn't that interested in it because it's suspect to change. That's still situational though. If I'm working with something, and a better version of it is being theorized, there's a good chance I'll look at it just to see what might be possible. I'll take it with a grain of salt though that it could change.

Is that the difference between an ESxJ's view of theories and abstractions and an ISxJ's view of them? The ESxJ ignores them because they have a harder time understanding it, but the ISxJ has more patience with it, and only rejects it once it begins to lack a practical application? That's how I view a lot of things. I just can't understand how someone would want to discuss something that doesn't relate to something happening in the real world. It just makes no sense. It's like a waste of time.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
INTJ but it couldn't have been further from the truth. It was one of those tests that measured J/P without really taking into account the difference between Ti-Ne and Ni-Te. If it was a function test it would have been much more obvious that I was INTP.

I have an INTJ dad and I definitely don't fit that type description.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
I thought this was a question for SJs only....it being in the SJ guardhouse and all. Are these types of questions open for anyone? Wouldn't this be better for the main MBTI forum? Oh God. How ISTJ of me.

*cough* Well it was... Funnily enough I almost put the title as 'SJs, what type/s have you tested as', but I thought there was no need since it's in the Guardhouse. :rolleyes:
But whatever, let's go with the flow since most people posting here aren't SJs!

I just have a very high appreciation for N things, which is uncommon for SJs, so it makes me not that bothered by thinking I'm an INTJ. After doing a crapload of reading and introspection, I know I'm an ISTJ. It makes me wonder if introverts can figure out their type much easier on their own just through reading and introspection.

:thumbup:

Captured my sentiment exactly. It's odd hearing other people talk about SJs as if they weren't interested in theoretical models or indepth analysis of reality. It's just that I have an interest in the topics that N almost seem to have claimed for themselves, the main difference is that I percieve and use the information in a different manner.

I test as a strong sensor. Is it really a case of it being that uncommon for SJs to be interested in things shown on this forum?

Yeah, I think Ns have tried to claim some things as their own, but the truth is of course Ss can have interests in theory. You know, I wouldn't be so good academically if I couldn't analyse and consider different points of view and be able to discuss theory, and I like considering these different points of view. It's just that I can then decide on which theory I agree with and I prefer discussing theory which is relevant, to something.

Y'know, how boring do they expect us Ss to be? I mean I was thinking that if you had someone who exactly fit the ISTJ template and no more, they wouldn't be much of a human being and wouldn't have any friends because they couldn't have fun. Nor would they progress academically because they'd be too closed-minded. You have to take it with a pinch of salt.

SJs are only interested in theories if they have a realistic practical application. If the theory is still in the "up in the clouds" mode, then the SJ isn't that interested in it because it's suspect to change. That's still situational though. If I'm working with something, and a better version of it is being theorized, there's a good chance I'll look at it just to see what might be possible. I'll take it with a grain of salt though that it could change.
I just can't understand how someone would want to discuss something that doesn't relate to something happening in the real world. It just makes no sense. It's like a waste of time.

Agreed.

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
*cough* Well it was... Funnily enough I almost put the title as 'SJs, what type/s have you tested as', but I thought there was no need since it's in the Guardhouse. :rolleyes:
But whatever, let's go with the flow since most people posting here aren't SJs!

I imagine that most people navigate the website through the "New Posts" tab, so this wasn't SJ specific for them.

Anyways, I originally tested consistantly ISTP, and once INTJ.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP,
ESTP
ESFJ,
ISFJ,
and very often
ISFP

maliafee

Is that the difference between an ESxJ's view of theories and abstractions and an ISxJ's view of them? The ESxJ ignores them because they have a harder time understanding it, but the ISxJ has more patience with it, and only rejects it once it begins to lack a practical application? That's how I view a lot of things. I just can't understand how someone would want to discuss something that doesn't relate to something happening in the real world. It just makes no sense. It's like a waste of time.

One more layer: I think the ISFJ can relate to a semi-practical/non-practical theory longer than an ISTJ IF it has a personal meaning for the ISFJ (Feeling).

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Did you drink alcohol before any of these tests??? :shock: Alot of variation there, Brother! :D

nah nothing too much.. just a couple of cases of beers, half a notch vodka.. and some gin to conclude it all :D. Nah i just took the most detached and aloof answers... which describes my normal mode of operatus.. but i ended up with Ti profiles mostly as you can see. But of course you cannot expect tests to be able to go outside it's typology.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I've gotten ESTJ, INFP, ENFJ, ISTP, and ESFP (I get that one quite a lot)
I'm still laughing about the ESTJ one because, for sure, it isn't me. It must be my Boss Wanna-Be persona coming out.
:)

Unique

First time ESTP and most of the time ESTP except for once which said ENTP but I heard that that test is skewed towards N so there you go

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
One more layer: I think the ISFJ can relate to a semi-practical/non-practical theory longer than an ISTJ IF it has a personal meaning for the ISFJ (Feeling).

A feeling oriented theory or just something that the ISFJ feels emotionally attached to?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ

I don't have a difficult time understanding abstractions. I am just more concerned with what I can control in the present, and the likely possibilities in the near-future.

Oh, and I've tested as every EJ combo there is.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
INTJ after reading PUM II
INFJ after realizing there was no way that I could be INTJ
INTP for years after taking the MBTI Step II and DiSC
ENTP after realizing that I am too practical to be INTP, but was not eliminating ESTP entirely
ENTJ (unsure why)
ISTP after gaining a better perspective of type and stopped misconnoting the the language

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
ISTJ pretty consistently but I got INTJ and ISTP once.