• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJ Profile- By BlackCat

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Motion seconded. Though, the INFP might get an instinctual understanding that is deep I many times can understand people and get a read off of their most basic reasons for doing things. [/b]Their overall character might be just a stencil though[/B]. But, how deeper can you get than knocking everything back to the basics? I guess it depends on the person. I do think we do get decent reads on people's character. I have yet to be wrong, and the more I think about it the more I trust my gut feelings. I don't typically, if ever, second guess my gut reads on people. I've been right, from what I can see, every time so far.

Thanks for sharing.

If a person can't be trusted, do you really need to know the subtle interplay of childhood and life experiences that made them untrustworthy? Practically speaking, no. The stencil is enough to make actionable decisions. As an INFP though, that deeper stuff is what fascinates me, and I can't help but to be drawn to it.

ISTJs have freaked me out on several occasions with how quickly they can sum up the character of a person, good or bad. It usually takes me longer to come up with the same conclusion. I suspect it's the much more objective primary Si/Te.

Would you say that people with EITHER an exceptional or nefarious character generally just sort of 'stick' out to you, almost as if they are a piece that doesn't properly fit in a puzzle?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Thanks for sharing.

If a person can't be trusted, do you really need to know the subtle interplay of childhood and life experiences that made them untrustworthy? Practically speaking, no. The stencil is enough to make actionable decisions. As an INFP though, that deeper stuff is what fascinates me, and I can't help but to be drawn to it.

ISTJs have freaked me out on several occasions with how quickly they can sum up the character of a person, good or bad. It usually takes me longer to come up with the same conclusion. I suspect it's the much more objective primary Si/Te.

Would you say that people with EITHER an exceptional or nefarious character generally just sort of 'stick' out to you, almost as if they are a piece that doesn't properly fit in a puzzle?

I'd say I just tend to lump people into groups: Useless, interesting, confusing or annoying.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd say I just tend to lump people into groups: Useless, interesting, confusing or annoying.

Hahaha.

Thanks for sharing.

I don't know...
For me it's a gut feeling. Something just doesn't feel right when I look at why people do things or what they so or do. It's just instinctual. Whether it's because they seem fake or "bad" or whatever. Something doesn't add up, it adds up so that I know there is something hidden, or their personality feels like a needle at the back of my mind constantly poking. It could be the simplest thing that makes me not like someone, but once I don't like them odds are I won't ever like them.

The deeper stuff is cool. I like it. Complete understanding suites me. :yes:

lane777

nevermore
I think success with these profiles is due to BlackCat and Costrin having talked to types that are passionate about psychology, rather than Myers Briggs' who probably grabbed random people off the street. We're a very introspective bunch and much more anal about accurate explanations for our actions. So this looks very promising :yes:

How many people are you basing each profile on?

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
ISTJs generally have an excellent memory of things (especially those that are important to them). When making conversation with one they may say the most random details about something (especially if it's a memory that is significant to them).

You know, I just realized something and it is kind of a relief. ONE of the reasons I am a quiet person with those I don't know really well is because when I do get chatty people give me vibes that I am way nerdy or even that they think I am a know-it-all. I LOVE to quote things I read/heard/saw at some point in the past and a major part of my natural conversational flow is bringing things up like that. I do NOT like showing off or seeming like I am, so I keep quiet too much, but I really like people who ENJOY hearing random facts related to the topic, say, that sort of plant apparently grows where there is a lot of magnesium in the soil, or something like that. I don't really know how to have a conversation if you aren't going to discuss facts and ideas. I mean, there is only so much you can talk about with the weather, a movie, sports, or "normal" things unless you get nerdy about them. Some people can talk and be interesting for a long time about clothes or whatever and later I realize I can't remember anything really that they said, it was all "fluff," which is a good skill to have - I just can't do fluff. I can't help but analyze everything. That is probably the main reason I like NTs so much, now that I think about it... Hmm, very helpful!

voraciousveggies

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
You know, I just realized something and it is kind of a relief. ONE of the reasons I am a quiet person with those I don't know really well is because when I do get chatty people give me vibes that I am way nerdy or even that they think I am a know-it-all. I LOVE to quote things I read/heard/saw at some point in the past and a major part of my natural conversational flow is bringing things up like that. I do NOT like showing off or seeming like I am, so I keep quiet too much, but I really like people who ENJOY hearing random facts related to the topic, say, that sort of plant apparently grows where there is a lot of magnesium in the soil, or something like that. I don't really know how to have a conversation if you aren't going to discuss facts and ideas. I mean, there is only so much you can talk about with the weather, a movie, sports, or "normal" things unless you get nerdy about them. Some people can talk and be interesting for a long time about clothes or whatever and later I realize I can't remember anything really that they said, it was all "fluff," which is a good skill to have - I just can't do fluff. I can't help but analyze everything. That is probably the main reason I like NTs so much, now that I think about it... Hmm, very helpful!

Oh my gosh you're my hero, I thought I was the only one like that!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do actually enjoy hearing random facts about things. It usually tells me that the person likes me in my mind if they are making that much more of an effort toward the subject we're talking about and that much more of an effort to make me understand. Maybe this is because the INFP's relief function is Si. :D

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hey cool, so nice to hear you all feel the same way too! (Welcome VV). Thanks BlackCat, you're good for our self-esteem. :wub: