• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's, do you consider yourself funny?

OregonENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
The ISTJ I know considers himself funny. Says he can make anyone laugh. (this comment I find quite funny, actually!) His humor is is dry and sarcastic and most of the time I don't even know he's joking or trying to make a joke. :doh: I mean, the last thing I would consider him would be funny. No offense!

SJ's, do you consider yourself funny?

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would say sometimes. It depends. I can only make certain people laugh. Like my sister who is closest in age to me. Most of the things I do that are funny are rather spontanious with no forethought. Some people say I'm funny when I am tired. I think I'm just funny looking. :)

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I know a lot of funny SJs.

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
No. Except to my family, where I really unbend and say almost whatever I'm thinking. I guess I can be quite funny when I don't have a filter between mouth and brain (well, as little as possible for me). My brother loves to quote me on Facebook, for whatever reason. Generally, though, I'm more the audience for the funny people.

Jade

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm funny as hell. Take my previous sentence for example. The extreme jocularity contained therin is such that you cannot help but to gradually burst into uncontrollable snickers and eventually the laughter shall reign down upon the forum as if it were a raging torrent.
Wait for it...
Soon....
Any day now...

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I try to be funny. Don't know if it works though? :huh: Although I behave much more "SJish" offline than online :yes: my family says I am sarcastic but I think i can make just about anyone laugh- even if it's a light laugh. :)

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yes. I am possibly the funniest person I know, and I know many funny people.

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
Oh no. I am but a vessel filled to the brim with seriousness.

Some people catch my sarcasm every time I pull the trigger and we share a good laugh, while most others don't and think I'm being serious. It's rather facepalm-y when the latter situation occurs, as they usually respond to my statement to clear up any confusion on my part.

maliafee

My ISFJ boyfriend is hilarious, as is my ISFJ cousin, and my ESFJ cousin and I share a sense of humor no one else understands.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Yes, I do think I'm funny. Those that don't know me well wouldn't know that though, because I come off as being very serious and business-like. Those I'm comfortable with: friends, family, and my students know that I have a wickedly witty side to me though.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My ISFJ is probably one of the few people who can make me break out into laughter. It's probably the (Ne+Fe) + (Fe+Ne) dynamics. Her developed Fe picks up on social abnormalities that my underdeveloped Fe fails to notice, and uses the quick wit of Ne to deliver it. Just like my Ne picks up on observations that her underdeveloped Ne misses. But because of the similar yet opposing dynamics, we both appreciate it each other's input.

Either that, or we've spent so/too long together. But yeah, despite having different material, we're practically on the same wave-length; laconic and dry to outrageously profane.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Yes, I'm funny. But I'm also an introvert, so I'm not constantly making people laugh... just my friends and people I see often.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, I do think I'm funny. Those that don't know me well wouldn't know that though, because I come off as being very serious and business-like. Those I'm comfortable with: friends, family, and my students know that I have a wickedly witty side to me though.

Yeah I can relate to that. I don't think I'm a laugh-a-minute comedian, by no means, but put me in the right setting with people I trust and I come out with all sorts of outrageous things. It's funny when people who haven't seen that side of me look sort of mock shocked and say they never knew I was like that, lol. My humour can be quite witty but also quite direct and possibly bawdy. Bit of a difference from my prim image.

My day-to-day humour tends to focus on amusing observations, literal observations or my personal thoughts about people/situations.

Other than that, most of the time I'm very serious. Sometimes I'm being deadly serious and someone will laugh loudly at something I've said... I think just seeing things in a different way to other people can be amusing to them.

My boyfriend (ISFJ) is very funny, but more mainstream. He's properly into comedy as well, like he knows who all the comedians are. He also tells actual jokes, which I've noticed guys tend to do quite a lot but I don't know any girls who tell jokes. I don't always get them, I must admit, and then I feel sheepish and apologise for being an idiot. :blush:

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Well, I did make a facebook profile for a plastic fork... and took some pictures of it in different situations. And it was in a relationship with a knife. And had about 100 friends. I thought it was hilarious. :D

And I have been having thoughts of publishing a hilarious comic book I made with a friend. :)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I definitely do, I make people laugh. I've been told I should be a standup comic actually, no joke.