• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] How not to pursue an ISTJ

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Hmm. Wow. Just....wow.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm. Wow. Just....wow.

lol! I'm just being silly, raz, I know you wouldn't behave in that way but the guy was a dead ringer for you though.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
dave you're a mess. :cheese:

really though...you've got someone who cares enough to try and make you smile or laugh...likes you enough to be forward and you complain?? what the hell...be flattered.

and...i'm done now...carry on.

People that are emotional and ignorant make me wildly uncomfortable. It's more so with the emotional stuff.

uberrogo

MBTI Type
istj
I think that's annoying to most any type, don't you? It annoys the crap outta me!

I imagine so. hehe

I suppose it could be cute if done correctly. I have yet to experience someone doing that correctly though.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
LOL, Hmm! That is hilarious about Raz! :rofl1:

Okay I'm going to disagree with the other ISTJ's here. I LIKE when a girl is friendly, how can someone be over friendly? I mean, I agree that the physical contact in public should be kept to a minimum (holding hands? a kiss goodbye/hello? Hugs? :D)

However, how NOT to pursue an ISTJ?

-Do not TELL us how to be emotional (unless we ask what we should do or be doing)
-Don't swear alot
-Don't ask for nude pictures over the internet!
-Don't be disrepectful to people we respect

I'm sure there are more, but I have become pretty lenient lately. The ENFP's must be rubbing off on me. :(
*shuns ENFP's away!* :peepwall:

uberrogo

MBTI Type
istj
-Do not TELL us how to be emotional (unless we ask what we should do or be doing)
-Don't swear alot

These are all good ones.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
We have to trust you to loosen up. Our surroundings have to make us happy

Nail on the head for me. I'm one of those people who doesn't feel comfortable around new people, but if I've been around you a few times before, then I get used to you and can be very comfortable and entertaining.

Trying to get me to laugh a lot.

Trying to get me to smile a lot.

Yeah, I'd rather make others smile and laugh.

Asking me what's bothering me.

Telling me to loosen up.

Eh, I don't mind these at all, I somewhat like when people say these.

Jade

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Jade, I'm talking about men in my case, because I am a straight woman. I actually thought you were a woman too because of your name, sorry!!

No problem. I just didn't catch it until halfway through my response and didn't edit it.

This one almost seems like "I don't know WHY you're holding back so much. You HAVE to be as emotional as everyone else. It's easy. Just stop putting so much effort into being difficult and it'll come naturally" To me it seems to call my very being into question, as if I just MUST be more emotional, but for some unknown reason I've decided to repress myself.

-Don't swear alot

Agreed. This in and of itself can get women disqualified. In friends it isn't a big deal. For something romantic, it is.

Agreed.

I agree and have to add that just because we respect someone doesn't mean we have an extreme emotional connection to them. I've had people say things I thought were inaccurate about others and if I question why, the immediate next statement many times is "I didn't know you loved so-and-so so much". I don't. I just think your statement about them is inaccurate.

Parsimony

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Playing mind games, asking if I'm mad when I'm perfectly happy & content :huh:(what's bothering you?), and the one that always gets me, loosen up. Yeah, sure. :rolleyes:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like you xSTJ's. I had a four year relationship with an ISTJ. I went after him for a year straight! It was worth it as it's been 10 years since then and we are still good friends.

I like xSTJ's. I know where I stand with you guys and you generally are non-reactive and quietly supportive to my jumping from here to there all the time with whatever interest I delve into. I get a lot of rolling eyes but you guys are similar enough to me where communication is a breeze. I like xSTJ "rigidity". I've found if you guys know the rules I won't break then you relax a lot and become very open.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I pursued mine by letting him think that he was pursuing me... a few weeks ago he was telling a mutual friend of ours that I was quite easy for him to pick up (we were talking about girls who play hard to get) and I ended up blurting out "that's because I was after you!"... he was like "but I thought I'd picked you up! :sadbanana:"

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Drink too much and spit on them

Tell them what to do

Spend a lot of time discussing theories on impractical matters

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's funny -- the ISTJ I know tends to drink too much trying to loosen up and has ended up puking on other people.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
mine will drink when nervous in a new social situation, but I've never seen him get sloppy or puke on anyone :nono:

and also, from those that I've met, assuming anything is a bad idea... very bad :horor:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who's assuming?