• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs! What do you do?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Let's talk about future plans. We all have 'em!

What are you doing now?
I be student at local university, studying computer sciences. I'm also working as a indie game developer, and as a part-time software developer. Yeah, that's three activities. :D Working hours are crazy, but I like the feeling of being efficient.

What will you be doing in 10 years?
Where will I be.. well.. I might have my masters degree and I might also be working as a game developer... possibly in my own company. :D Well, you never know!

I'd be 34 by then, a high time for having a family if one is willing to get one... Kids ain't that bad, but they would consume all my time and money! :shock: Well, hopefully I a tleast have someone to share a discussions about this matter by then... even I can't have kids alone. :alttongue:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What are you doing now?
Right now, I'm in college, too. In my fourth and last year, so hopefully in a few months, I'll have a job. I guess here in college I have had a lot of time to think about my priorities and direction in life. In other words, to think about exactly the kind of things this thread is asking.

Well, you never know for sure. Hopefully, I'll still be working at that job or a similar one. Working in a lab for some company or government agency, probably, maybe helping make a new chemical, or finding new uses for a chemical. That would be the best outcome. :)

I have different job ideas, in case the first field doesn't yield any jobs. Working at the weather station is my second choice, I think, and there's one not far from my home.

Working at a pharmacy or something similar is an off-shoot of the first choice.

Really I want to find a stable job so that I can build the other areas of my life, finally. I want to find a home where I can be comfortable for a long time. My friends have talked about us getting a house out on a lake somewhere, because supposedly we make a decent amount of money at that point. But who knows whether I can last 10 years in the same house as them--though for now, it does sound fine with me.

There are a lot of things I'm taking into consideration when planning where to live, and actually, I've been thinking more about my future home than about future relationships. Interesting... So I haven't really decided where I want to be, but I have a few ideas. That job will undoubtedly be in the city, and I hate long commutes through the city, so living downtown is a consideration for that reason.

I haven't thought about how/when a loving woman would end up in my life. I'm sure that will plan itself, and I'll have to rearrange parts of this. It's funny, because it's as if I plan these two aspects of the future separately.

And actually, I've thought more about what I want to do "after" the mid-life stage of work, after I get a decent stable income, and I start looking for new things in life but with financial security to fall back on, than about the work-stage of life. In other words, I think more about 20 or 30 years from now than about 10 years from now, probably because in between, there won't be much variety, so there's not much to think about.

Last edited:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
What are you doing now?

In school studying history and filming. I'm also trying to figure out what I'm going to do after I graduate!

Hopefully working somewhere I actually enjoy (NOT just sitting at a desk doing paperwork!) :yes: -And yes, I realize history isn't a good major for not wanting to do paperwork.

[I may put my law enforcement training at work too eventually... that would be really fun! :)]

I HOPE I will be married by then and have kids, but who knows!

[Sorry I can't elaborate anymore, but I have yet to work out all the details! :doh:]

Last edited:

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
What are you doing now?
In my first year of college still deciding on a major. So far looking at Sociology especially in the area of education/kid-raising. If not that I have an interest in Philosophy, but it involves far too many questions and not enough answers.

Oh..and I'm unemployed asides from school.

In five years, my goal is to be out of college and to have found a job in my career path. Sitting at a desk, like Dave said, isn't too appealing, but if I was forced to do so, it would have to have some practical value outside of tedium.

Also, I do intend to acquire a wife and start a family within this time. I'll hopefully either meet her through college or through whatever job I have during school.

I can't really vouch for ten years from now, but I look to the future optimistically. Once I achieve some of my more immediate goals I'll be able to set more for the future.

:happy:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
What are you doing now?
Fulfilling my enlistment in the U.S. Marine Corps. I have about a year and a half left in my contract.

Hopefully starting a family and working as a Police Officer.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
What are you doing now?
I'll be finishing up student teaching and grad school in May...and I can't wait! I also have a GRA job in which I proofread papers (how ISTJ of me) and do some data analysis/interpretation on research studies that involve home literacy within Hispanic middle school students.

I really have no idea...for the time being I'm just living in the moment. I can't envision myself with any one person or any one place at this time. Perhaps I'll be teaching, perhaps I'll be doing something completely unrelated.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
What are you doing now?

In school studying history and filming. I'm also trying to figure out what I'm going to do after I graduate!

Hopefully working somewhere I actually enjoy (NOT just sitting at a desk doing paperwork!) :yes: -And yes, I realize history isn't a good major for not wanting to do paperwork.

I HOPE I will be married by then and have kids, but who knows!

[Sorry I can't elaborate anymore, but I have yet to work out all the details! :doh:]

Yay, another historian! :)

What are you doing now?
In my fourth and final year of a French and History degree. Exams are approaching too fast for my liking...

Hopefully being married to my current boyfriend, living somewhere nice and quiet in a detached house, with kids.
On the other hand - ask me what I'll be doing 6 months from now, and I have no idea! I've applied for jobs and either got no response or "try later, we're not recruiting for September yet". So I've just decided to leave it and... try later. Not that I'm sure what I want to end up doing. The 2 ideas I have are:

PR - Yeah, what a joke. I've already done work experience in it and I've got a month's work experience lined up for the summer. I think the whole idea of an ISTJ being able to fake extraversion when it's socially necessary comes into play here...

Archive work - Could use my history degree; great for my SJ tendancies; not too social. BUT it may well be too boring for me to start with. Maybe a 'retirement' career though.
I really, really hate not knowing what I'm going to be doing before the year is even up. I like to plan it all, alllll!! *evil cackle*

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Why only ISTJs are answering? Come on, give me some E and F too! :hug:

By the way, I think we all have chosen pretty traditional SJ careers. :D

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Why only ISTJs are answering? Come on, give me some E and F too! :hug:

By the way, I think we all have chosen pretty traditional SJ careers. :D

Hehe, it's true I suppose!

I'll answer for my ISFJ boyfriend...

What are you doing now?
Trainee accountant (He did a maths degree)

Not really sure how he'd answer this, except that he's told me he wants to marry me. So hopefully that.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'll fill this out for my dad. He's an ISTJ.

What are you doing now?
He's currently the 'cash manager' of an aluminum company that he's worked at for 19 years. But he is also the unofficial 'call-to' guy. Many of his co-workers flock to him like lost sheep when there is a problem to be solved, even if it isn't in his job description. As a result he feels rather unappreciated and has the opinion that most of the people he works with don't have a clue on how to do their job. Humourously, he often corrects them.

He hopes to be working for the same company but with higher pay. He plans to retire in 15 years. (He's 52.) He says then he'll move back to his hometown and well... die.

earthangel

MBTI Type
ISFJ
What are you doing now?
I work full time at AAA. I have one (soon to be two) online courses. After that, I have 3 more classes to take until I have enough credits to have my general ed transfer AA degree. Then I'm transferring to another college to be a Doctor of Naturopathy.

I will be a Doctor of Naturopathy, lol! Hopefully I'll have a family and husband, if not I think I'll get an anteater or a pet narwhal. I'm pretty sure I'm moving to Canada for college, so maybe up there it's possible to have those. Anyway, I'll open my private practice and heal people and all that beautiful slow jazz. :)

warm8

MBTI Type
ESFP
What are you doing now?
going into college for a major in studio art. I'm gonna mostly concentrate on the field of graphic design though

making designs for corporations. web sites, logos, packing--whatever. hopefully I'll be happily married and possibly have children at that point.