• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's - we love you!

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SJ's have either ripped me apart entirely, or helped me build myself back together.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
ooh a "blast from the past" thread. I don't remember what was going on in the forum at the time I made this thread, but it's always a good time for some SJ loving!

:hug:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes...the people who do the shit I can't stand doing and enjoy doing it :D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yeah, that's what others tell me as well..
I just wish I could be like them more, I don't know.

Why do you want to be more like them?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, that's what others tell me as well..
I just wish I could be like them more, I don't know.

had a conversation with an SJ friend over dinner a couple of weeks ago... she thought it would be great to be more like me :shock:

nobody in their right mind should want that... I'm not sure I do half of the time!

I told her things would probably be better if I was more like her and she laughed

grass always looks greener on the other side, it seems :shrug:

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Why do you want to be more like them?

Cause they have an easier time with the basic things in life, of course they don't have perfect lives, nobody does, but they don't get lost in a glass of water like I do. They have much more awareness of what's going on around them, sometimes I feel like I'm living half-asleep.
Every time I hang out with my ISTJ sister I feel put in awe by her security and simplicity, she is extremely independent, healthy, practical, she looks and behaves like a super classy lady. And she's 14 but people think she's the older sister (I'm 21) cause she really looks more experienced and mature and I look retarded. (We are physically are almost identical)
I feel a little bit embarrassed cause she sees problems and flaws in what I do all the time and has the tendency to ''try to fix it'' , she is always telling me "Why are you so complicated? things are simpler than that"
[MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] I get that too, a bunch of people say they admire me and want to be like me cause I'm "a cute character" "creative" "unique" ''talented'' but none of that is extremely necessary in life.
I am so goddamn future oriented that had to turn 21 to realized I've been living with my mind in a time that will never come if you don't live the ''present''

I love the INFP uniqueness and creative spirit, it is even awesome if you live daydreaming, I love my type, but when I find it so hard to do the most simple things and realize that I'm living the real life I get upset and a bit depressive.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My two best friends are ISFJ so it must mean I'm picking up on something about the type that I really like.

It must be their ability to be so level-headed around my spontaneity and their ability to put up with my outbursts of totally off-the-wall comments and imagination all the while, being such loyal and caring friends. :)

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Cause they have an easier time with the basic things in life, of course they don't have perfect lives, nobody does, but they don't get lost in a glass of water like I do. They have much more awareness of what's going on around them, sometimes I feel like I'm living half-asleep.
Every time I hang out with my ISTJ sister I feel put in awe by her security and simplicity, she is extremely independent, healthy, practical, she looks and behaves like a super classy lady. And she's 14 but people think she's the older sister (I'm 21) cause she really looks more experienced and mature and I look retarded. (We are physically are almost identical)
I feel a little bit embarrassed cause she sees problems and flaws in what I do all the time and has the tendency to ''try to fix it'' , she is always telling me "Why are you so complicated? things are simpler than that"
[MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] I get that too, a bunch of people say they admire me and want to be like me cause I'm "a cute character" "creative" "unique" ''talented'' but none of that is extremely necessary in life.
I am so goddamn future oriented that had to turn 21 to realized I've been living with my mind in a time that will never come if you don't live the ''present''

I love the INFP uniqueness and creative spirit, it is even awesome if you live daydreaming, I love my type, but when I find it so hard to do the most simple things and realize that I'm living the real life I get upset and a bit depressive.

I feel like I'm living half-awake way too, at least if I understand you correctly, I think I do. Though, I've always felt it as being like an observer to my own life, almost like my body is going through the motions, but my mind constantly has a separate dialogue going on at the same time. It used to bother me how I often felt so spacey, but I've also come to know the beauty of this. it allows me to see people as they are, and to gather information about what makes us all human. I think this actually aids me in being able to communicate with people so effectively since I am constantly picking up on patterns and body language. But basically, I used to think it sucks, but now I find an appreciation for it.

And my brother is an ENTJ so I totally get what you're talking about with your sister and envying her, by the way, my brother is also younger than me and also gets mistaken as the older one. But you know what, this world needs dreamers just as much as it needs doers. Without my brother, I would'nt have the kind of support system and grounding to take off from to reach and pursue my wildest dreams, and my appreciation for the beauty in this world and idealism for the future and all the possibilities just waiting to happen, excites him to be alive. I could certainly use some practical skills and determination in my life, but I wouldn't trade my perspective and view on life for the world.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I fucking hate this thread

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm an INFJ remember. I'm supposed to know your thoughts, intentions, read you inside and out, like a good encyclopedia except this encyclopedia has footnotes that are amazing with author commentary provided that they are peer reviewed as well. This is completely true and flawless and sound in every way.

There are a few things this could mean, but I really just don't feel like guessing. If you are trying to say that you think you have a certain idea about what you believe my intentions to be, please state them.

If you have taken it further and percieve my reasoning for disliking this thread is that the very nature of it seems to automatically assume a level of condescension towards SJ's, and also does so in a seemingly innocous way- while not developing the ideas of the type beyond faux acceptance of the stereotypes commonly misinterpretated to define the entirety of the type- -and that your post demonstrates an understanding that types cannot be defined by these stereotypes, then this conversation can end here.

But if it was just a suggestion that I was out to make trouble, then I think it would be fun to go further.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are a few things this could mean, but I really just don't feel like guessing. If you are trying to say that you think you have a certain idea about what you believe my intentions to be, please state them. If you have taken it further and percieve my reasoning for disliking this thread is that the very nature of it seems to automatically assume a level of condescension towards SJ's, and also does so in a seemingly innocous way- while not developing the ideas of the type beyond faux acceptance of the stereotypes commonly misinterpretated to define the entirety of the type- -and that your post demonstrates an understanding that types cannot be defined by these stereotypes, then this conversation can end here.

But if it was just a suggestion that I was out to make trouble, then I think it would be fun to go further.

It was very heavy burdening sarcasm lol. I honestly really don't. But let me guess, could it be is that you're ironically an SJ who hates their own thread? Because possibly SJ's are viewed in a negative light? OR you were sarcastic also and wanted to cause trouble?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
It was very heavy burdening sarcasm lol. I honestly really don't. But let me guess, could it be is that you're ironically an SJ who hates their own thread? Because possibly SJ's are viewed in a negative light? OR you were sarcastic also and wanted to cause trouble?

I was very much not sarcastic. I legitimately hate this thread. It is an attempt at self aggrandizement by pretending to compliment qualities in others, but the same 2 dimensional qualities that if recieved by the same person would be taken as insults.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was very much not sarcastic. I legitimately hate this thread. It is an attempt at self aggrandizement by pretending to compliment qualities in others, but the same 2 dimensional qualities that iif recieved by the same person would be taken as insults.

Hmm. Being level-headed, able to get work done, support your community...
I can't see it being an insult if someone told me all 3 of those things.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed. This thread doesn't feel right at all. We also need to include the reasons why SJs suck.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hmm. Being level-headed, able to get work done, support your community...
I can't see it being an insult if someone told me all 3 of those things.

I don't recall you being overly overjoyed when I suggested that you might be an ISFJ. Everyone pretends to be openly accepting of the equal value of all types, but at the end of the day no one wants to be an SJ. It is what it is. They distance themselves from the notion that they might be one by propogating these stereotypes, paying their dues by pretending to acknowledge the 'strengths' of these types, but doing so in a way that frequently is used as a way to contrast their self developed personas against those characteristics.

Oh I Loves Me some ISTJ's they are such hard workers(mindless drones that I am not), such loyal friends(again), who can put up with all my wild creative energy that I just can't contain(Look guys I am NOT an SJ- I am nothing like them at all, though I myself DON't - and you can't say that I have anything agaisnt them cus look I gaves them the compliments... I'm an NP, not a boring uncreative SJ. But now it is a win win.)

á´…eparted

passages
but at the end of the day no one wants to be an SJ. )

Actually, I would enjoy it :huh:.

Some of the best people I know and have known are SJ's.

I really have absolutely no idea where your rage on this is coming from, and even so I suspect it is coming from unsubstantiated reasons based nothing more off personal bias.

Agreed. This thread doesn't feel right at all. We also need to include the reasons why SJs suck.

That's not the point of the thread. If you really want to talk about it, make a different thread on it. I can assure though it won't turn out well. Nothing good comes from shitting on other types, no matter how much you might dislike them.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't recall you being overly overjoyed when I suggested that you might be an ISFJ. Everyone pretends to be openly accepting of the equal value of all types, but at the end of the day no one wants to be an SJ. It is what it is. They distance themselves from the notion that they might be one by propogating these stereotypes, paying their dues by pretending to acknowledge the 'strengths' of these types, but doing so in a way that frequently is used as a way to contrast their self developed personas against those characteristics.

Oh I Loves Me some ISTJ's they are such hard workers(mindless drones that I am not), such loyal friends(again), who can put up with all my wild creative energy that I just can't contain(Look guys I am NOT an SJ- I am nothing like them at all, though I myself DON't - and you can't say that I have anything agaisnt them cus look I gaves them the compliments... I'm an NP, not a boring uncreative SJ. But now it is a win win.)

Remember: Society is one big contradiction. Remember that and you'll be set.