• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJ Females

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I keep the friend zone at bay by having flirty conversations. They work extremely well, and if they have some common sense then they will get the hint. I learned to do this after being turned down for being "too nice" or "brotherly" etc. It doesn't take much, just being flirty is really all it takes. You have to show that you mean it though. I love flattery. :devil:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I keep the friend zone at bay by having flirty conversations. They work extremely well, and if they have some common sense then they will get the hint. I learned to do this after being turned down for being "too nice" or "brotherly" etc. It doesn't take much, just being flirty is really all it takes. You have to show that you mean it though. I love flattery. :devil:

Correct. :)

And she should respond in kind.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Re: Friend zone. You need to keep some sort of spark (even as friends) to be able to switch from the friend zone. I hate to say it but sometimes I think "friend zone" is just an excuse for "I'm not interested"

Yeah....I kinda figured that. ;) So you have to keep flirtatious with them?.... I'm not good at flirtatious. :(

What do ISTJ girls think about flirtatious? What do they consider flirtatious? :huh:

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah....I kinda figured that. ;) So you have to keep flirtatious with them?.... I'm not good at flirtatious. :(

What do ISTJ girls think about flirtatious? What do they consider flirtatious? :huh:

When it comes to flirting I am lost... If I think I'm getting all the right signals out there it doesn't seem to change anything (I think my 'flirtatious' mode is equivalent to the extraverts' 'normal' mode, so it probably indicates nothing), but when I don't even intend to flirt my friends have told me I'm coming on too strong. I've been in situations where I've got really angry at guys who won't leave me alone when I'm evidently not interested and they keep on, claiming I'm playing hard to get. :doh:

As for guys flirting, ummm, again, I've thought guy friends have been flirting with me because we seem to bond really well, then they turn around and say "I really like [insert friend's name here], could you help me get with her?" :shock: I'm honourable, so I help them. Maybe it means I've also completely missed actual flirting cues from guys as well.

Showing an interest in me, laughing at my 'jokes' (frequently unintentionally funny statements made by yours truly), trying to get physically close to me. Alternatively, I've had the old "Can I sleep with you/spend the night with you" line a couple of times, or they make really sexually overt statements. Do I seem easy?? :huh:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Showing an interest in me, laughing at my 'jokes' (frequently unintentionally funny statements made by yours truly), trying to get physically close to me. Alternatively, I've had the old "Can I sleep with you/spend the night with you" line a couple of times, or they make really sexually overt statements. Do I seem easy?? :huh:

^ you actually LIKE that?! I thought the ISTJ girls were the modest girls who did not like such things? :huh:

I would never dream of asking such a thing! Maybe in an emergency circumstance, but with no intentions. :yes:

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
When it comes to flirting I am lost... If I think I'm getting all the right signals out there it doesn't seem to change anything (I think my 'flirtatious' mode is equivalent to the extraverts' 'normal' mode, so it probably indicates nothing), but when I don't even intend to flirt my friends have told me I'm coming on too strong. I've been in situations where I've got really angry at guys who won't leave me alone when I'm evidently not interested and they keep on, claiming I'm playing hard to get. :doh:

Ouch, that is WAY too accurate. I especially get weirded out when I am just being nice and some guy thinks I was coming onto him. I have no idea why that can happen but other times I am "trying" to be flirtatious and they don't notice. I guess their personalities come into it too, but it makes me REALLY nervous to be too friendly to guys. Flirting and me do not mix.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
So you girls don't like blantantly flirtatious acts? Nor do you like trying to be flirtatious? :huh:

I think you ISTJ girls should get in vent! :yes:

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
D@v3, I've obviously lost you, so I'll try again!

Out of the following, the bit in bold is what I like. The non-bold bit is what often happens. You asked us what we thought flirting consisted of, so I described what I've experienced as flirting!

^ you actually LIKE that?! I thought the ISTJ girls were the modest girls who did not like such things? :huh:

No, I really don't like it. I hate it! But what I'm saying is that, for the most part, when guys try to flirt with me they come on far too strong. Although maybe I'm missing the subtle attempts...
No-win situation!

So you girls don't like blantantly flirtatious acts? Nor do you like trying to be flirtatious? :huh:

Now you've confused me! Lol.
It's not that we don't like *trying* to be flirtatious. As both me and Amira have said, sometimes we think we're being flirtatious but guys don't seem to realise it! Other times we're just being nice and having a chat with no interest in anything more, and men think we're coming on to them.
Again, no-win situation.

See why flirting could be a problem?

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Now you've confused me! Lol.

^ I confuse myself too. :doh:

You I understand what you are saying now. But what I meant to ask is do you feel compelled to put effort into flirting even though you think it goes un-noticed? :huh:

And how do YOU flirt? I mean... you mentioned laughing at jokes and what not, but what exactly do you do? You said you flirting actions often go un-noticed so what are your actions? What say you? :huh:

[And I think you should get on vent later. :)]

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
If you want to get someone's attention then sure, you need to get your intentions across by flirting. I probably have to put twice the effort in to get half the results of most people though, sadly. As with all social interaction probably.

(Well, I'm happily with my man now, so thank god there's no longer that problem!! This is why internet dating is so great; you can get to know someone online beforehand, and then when you meet up for real you're already past the cautious stage and can go straight to touchy-feely and relaxed.)

My flirting 'techniques' (it's a joke to call them that): Talk to them more, and mostly to them. Ask more questions about them than you would to most people. Smile at them. Laugh with them. Try to get your eyes to meet theirs and hold the look for longer than you really want to. If I'm feeling really brave, and when I'm almost certain they fancy me, I might lightly touch them on the arm when I'm talking. Subtle, and probably what some girls do with everyone.

Amber

MBTI Type
ISTJ
That sounds about right. My flirting is closer to 'regular conversation' than flirting... but I know I'm flirting... and that's all that matters, right?

Also, glad to see there are other ISTJ females out there.

Wanderer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
*bumps up from the grave*
Not to resurrect a dead thread.. but I'm resurrecting a dead thread. I'm yanking out the paddles and I'm gonna zap this sucker!
model_released_emergency_defibrillation_doctor_f0011110.jpg

ISTJ females! I've got some questions for you! Please please please report in?

I'm all but dating an ISTJ girl that I know (our parents/families/friends all assume we're dating, and I suppose we are but neither of us is admitting it yet.. ..and we are always in contact with each other..yeah, we're basically in an undeclared relationship.)

Anyway! I'd like to know what female ISTJ's look for in romantic relationships.
EDIT: more to the point, I am one hell of an INFJ. So what I normally do in a romantic relationship might not work/be appreciated (I've only dated NF's prior to this girl)
So. Um. What am I supposed to do, exactly?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm backing you up! I also need loads of advice on this matter :D

Amber

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Well - for starters, ISTJ females like consistency, so don't become overly emotional or overreact to situations that aren't that important. At the same time, we look for support.. and since we generally put a lot of thought and fact-finding into our decisions, we usually make fairly good choices on a responsibility level. However, what I think we look for (or at least I do) in a potential mate is someone who is supportive, friendly, consistent and of course more outwardly emotional than myself... I need someone to bring me out of my shell!

Don't go overboard and tell her all of the dreams, desires and fantasies you've ever had about your relationship... but let her know that you feel lucky to have her and that you're happy with your relationship.

I guess unless there are more specific questions, that is my personal opinion on the matter :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=13209]Wanderer[/MENTION]: I'm not an ISTJ but I'm close, and I'm female, and I have lots of INFJ friends and family members, so I'll lend my voice in here :) Not sure if you still need the advice still, since you asked the question several months ago, but whatevs!

I'll focus a lot on what you should expect as well as what she expects, to avoid future relationship resentment on your part.

Amber's right that ISTJs like consistency, and I'd say also that if they're like ESTJ females then they care a lot about thoughtfulness, stability and honesty. Elaboration:

1: Thoughtfulness
xSTJ women may not be "romantic" in the traditional sense, especially compared to NFs, but we are very very thoughtful and we express our love that way -- meaning, that's what we expect from our partners too. We remember what's going on in your life, and we try to do what we can to be supportive and to make the bad things better for you by showing that we're there, and we see a lack of that behavior from a partner as meaning that they don't care as much about us as we do about them.

2: Stability
Partners rely on each other, and just as you probably expect to be able to rely on your very steady and level-headed ISTJ when something comes up in your life, so too does the ISTJ expect to rely on you. A lot of people don't really realize that about xSTJs at first, because we seem so in control all the time -- so if/when your ISTJ has a very vulnerable moment (which may be disguised under a veil of sarcasm and/or self-deprecation), she does want you to be a supportive friend and loving partner and comfort her in a grounded way. (Those moments of opening up are often my personal litmus test for friendships; if my opening up doesn't make the person awkward --which it often does-- then I can become even deeper friends with them, but if it is awkward, then I know to not open up to them for a while.) Emphasis on "grounded" because if an xSTJ is freaking out about something and are talking to you about it, it's because they don't want to be freaking out anymore; they want to hear a reason why they don't need to be freaking out, or, if not that, then something they can do to fix the scary thing that will definitely work. So: be there for them, be calm and steady when they aren't, just as they're calm and steady for you when you aren't.

3: Honesty
Healthy relationships can't be healthy if you're afraid to tell your partner the truth. If an ISTJ asks if her dress makes her look fat, she might actually appreciate your negative but honest answer (as long as you're not in public at the time!). And if an xSTJ female complains about something really upsetting that's going on in her life, it's pretty likely -- much more likely than if an NF was complaining about it -- that she wants advice or input. If ISTJs are like ESTJs, we try to solve our most serious issues internally before we, as a last resort, try and get help from elsewhere.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
... but let her know that you feel lucky to have her and that you're happy with your relationship.

I guess unless there are more specific questions, that is my personal opinion on the matter :)
...And how might a gentleman let this ISTJ female he fancies know how he feels? :huh: Would a simple and blunt "I feel lucky to have you in my life" do? Maybe taking her out to a fancy resturant? :ohmy: Maybe... *gasp* buying her shiny new things like jewelry? (lol note Costrins picture on the first page of the thread).

Seriously, even though I myself am an ISTJ, a female ISTJ is a still female so that means men have double the disadvantage! :doh:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
...And how might a gentleman let this ISTJ female he fancies know how he feels? :huh: Would a simple and blunt "I feel lucky to have you in my life" do? Maybe taking her out to a fancy resturant? :ohmy:
Yes!!!!!!!! :wub: That would be perfect! Straightforward and honest = the sweetest romantic STJ talk.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yes!!!!!!!! :wub: That would be perfect! Straightforward and honest = the sweetest romantic STJ talk.

:ohmy:

...and what about the second part? Buying her shiny new things and all? :unsure:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:ohmy:

...and what about the second part? Buying her shiny new things and all? :unsure:
Sure! :) Just make sure they're the sort of things she would like. When guys buy fashionable items for girls, it can be tricky business. Flowers or chocolate may be a safer bet -- and less pricey.

Definitely make sure it's personalized somehow -- i.e. that it relates to her interests somehow. e.g. if she likes peanut butter, getting her chocolates with peanut butter? Or maybe not even chocolates! My main point is: gifts are so much sweeter (pun not intended) when there's thought behind them. But if you're like the ISTJs I know, I didn't even need to tell you that. :)

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Sure! :) Just make sure they're the sort of things she would like. When guys buy fashionable items for girls, it can be tricky[i/][b/] business. Flowers or chocolate may be a safer bet -- and less pricey.

Definitely make sure it's personalized somehow -- i.e. that it relates to her interests somehow. e.g. if she likes peanut butter, getting her chocolates with peanut butter? Or maybe not even chocolates! My main point is: gifts are so much sweeter (pun not intended) when there's thought behind them. But if you're like the ISTJs I know, I didn't even need to tell you that. :)

:ohmy: TRICKY?!?!

:unsure: