• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs are girl crazy!

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
When I was younger, I stated that 30 would be the age in which I'd settle down. Not that I'm bouncing around at the moment.

I've still got a few years left and it still sounds rather reasonable to me.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I guess maybe I want to be financially stable enough to have a kid by 30?

Thing is I have decided I'm going to adopt all my kids so now there's not even a time limit on having kids! Ideally I'd like to be in my late 20s-early 30s so I have enough energy to keep up with them.

I'm pretty okay with not being married.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ I wish I had this maternal instinct. :( I have never felt the desire to have children in my life. Isn't that a bit selfish, ne?

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I just need to have people to love and encourage! Each child is unique and has unique needs and finding out what each of them are and providing them with the right encouragement sounds like a pretty good use of NeFi to me!

I also just love the idea of having tiny souls I can watch grow into beautiful and amazing adults!

^
^
(Stoned Fi + hormones = embarrassingly rhapsodising about babies on the internet)

Also, it is not selfish to not want to have kids. It takes a strong person to recognise what they want and realise that following some prescribed social formula is not for them. People who never wanted children having and raising them anyway often results in unhappy children and that is sad. Kids aren't for everybody and it's great that you've accepted that about yourself!

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
OK! Are you all done ripping on me now? I hope you had fun!:azdaja:

Besides, 21 was just a ballpark figure when I was like... 12 years old... (I have since raised the bar of course. :cheese:) The earlier the better though in my opinion. Two kids would be good for me.... but hey.. if she wants more... I'm not complaining. :devil:

I've always been good with my finances, now I just need to finish up school and get a stable career going.:D

(oh and uhh... I bet I could handle you Kyuuei! :blush:)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I got married young. We should have waited to grow up first. We both agree on that.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Your above post d@v3 is the reason why I posted the puppy :D

What! I don't get it! What's the connection?! :doh:

I hate waiting Elaur..... it sucks. Anways, isn't that the point? You grow old together?! :shock:

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I hate waiting Elaur..... it sucks. Anways, isn't that the point? You grow old together?! :shock:

I blame this kind of thinking for the divorce rate. You cannot successfully grow old with someone you don't know and you don't know a person, at least not enough to decide you want to spend the rest of your life with them, for years and years. Also, both parties need to be adults before the "deciding to spend the rest of your lives together" part occurs. And growing up can happen when you're 15 or 40.

And you, Dave are most certainly not a grown up yet.

(But it's okay! Neither am I.)

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
A Story About an ISTJ Trying to Settle Down: My ISTJ dad thought he'd be married by the age of 25-27. But here's what really happened: He went into the military when he was 17, stayed there for three years, then focused on getting a four year degree which he earned in three, and then as he was starting his career the family (primarily ISTJ and ESTJ) started complaining about him not having a girlfriend. So he got one... who just happened to be mentally ill! And I was born! ;) He was 30 at the time but still not married. Unfortunately due to my mother's illness all the mother duties got dumped on him. He basically lived as a single dad who also had to be caretaker for his girlfriend. (Her illness got worse and worse over time. And we were rather poor too.) The relationship ended violently to say the least. Eventually he married at age 43 to a different person. It lasted for a year and ended in a nasty divorce. After that he resolved to never date again. (Which he hasn't.) A few years later he fell in love with a cat. He now has five of them and calls them his children. (They are very spoiled. But it's cute.) Now he's 52 and says he's "reasonably happy". His words not mine.

I guess maybe I want to be financially stable enough to have a kid by 30?

Thing is I have decided I'm going to adopt all my kids so now there's not even a time limit on having kids! Ideally I'd like to be in my late 20s-early 30s so I have enough energy to keep up with them.

I'm pretty okay with not being married.
I applaud you. Not even kids get adopted.

Two kids would be good for me.... but hey.. if she wants more... I'm not complaining. :devil:
Until you get stuck with them! :rofl1:

^ I wish I had this maternal instinct. :( I have never felt the desire to have children in my life. Isn't that a bit selfish, ne?
I don't have this maternal instinct either. I don't even want to THINK about having children. I don't think I'm well suited for it.

I blame this kind of thinking for the divorce rate. You cannot successfully grow old with someone you don't know and you don't know a person, at least not enough to decide you want to spend the rest of your life with them, for years and years. Also, both parties need to be adults before the "deciding to spend the rest of your lives together" part occurs. And growing up can happen when you're 15 or 40.

+1

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ

Hmm... I thought I WAS grown up! Bummer! :doh: I'm not as stupid as I sound on these forums Tiny! :cry:

On the other hand.... does that mean YOU will grow up with me Tiny?! :wubbie: :cheese:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
And its posts like this that is the reason I posted my pic.

Damn you Costrin! :azdaja:

And Shaula is there a such thing as a paternal instinct? :huh: I really would like to have kids at some point. :cheese:

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Aw, I have an INxP whom I love and feel I want to spend the rest of my life with (though we're not going to even begin to discuss marriage for another 4-5 years). We've just moved in together on a trial basis (if things continue to go smoothly, he will stop paying rent on his shitty room in BedStuy in June).

However, we've decided that only one of us will be on the lease so if we break up after he moves in officially (lets hope this doesn't happen!) there won't be any messy lease breaking.

This is what happens when P types try to make decisions.

But if you want to hang out and talk about how awesome it is to not be a grown up, I'm down!

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Aw, I have an INxP whom I love and feel I want to spend the rest of my life with (though we're not going to even begin to discuss marriage for another 4-5 years). We've just moved in together on a trial basis (if things continue to go smoothly, he will stop paying rent on his shitty room in BedStuy in June).

However, we've decided that only one of us will be on the lease so if we break up after he moves in officially (lets hope this doesn't happen!) there won't be any messy lease breaking.

This is what happens when P types try to make decisions.

But if you want to hang out and talk about how awesome it is to not be a grown up, I'm down!

Really?:huh: I was expecting a violent response. Something along the lines of "HELL NO!". I certainly wasn't expecting the "aw"? :huh: Perhaps you are in a good moof tonight Tiny! :D

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
And Shaula is there a such thing as a paternal instinct? :huh: I really would like to have kids at some point. :cheese:
I should say so as my father has demonstrated beyond measure.