• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NTs/NFs on SJs

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
PeaceBaby! You have an ISTJ, too. How neat is that?

I've sometimes called mine "The Rock to my Kite." He keeps me anchored and I lift him out of the rut. (Well, a little.)

Truth is the man is rock solid. Trustworthy, always equipped for any emergency and willing to help anyone, anytime. An INFP couldn't get so lucky.:wubbie:

And, yes, sometimes he annoys the heck out of me. But that's my problem. ;)

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
^ I'm not so sure about that. I always thought there were more NF's than SJ's? There certainly are on these forums! :doh:

And why must we "love" the INFP's? Even the ISTJ's? :huh:

Woah no way. SJs aren't that unique.
They always take like 4.3ish out of 10

Frequency of Personality Types by Population & Gender
MBTI Type Percentages

In whichever chart you reference to, there are too many SJs. Always. If not the society will crumble.

You can't base that theres more NF than SJ b/c of the population in a forum.
Reason being 1. Some types dont engage in forum discussion as much 2. this is a forum directed at a theory, which Sensors are said to avoid

@all
infp thing was more of a joke...

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
@all
infp thing was more of a joke...

Yes... everyone knows that it's inTp that everyone loves! You are so cute, yellow and furry. :hug:

"Mommy, I can keep this one? Pleasepleasepleaseplease!!" :tongue:

note to xNFPs: (Just kidding, I'd never love anyone else but you! :wubbie:)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A great SJ can be a more interesting and spectacular person than the average NT. Often we refuse to even believe they are SJs, trying to push another type on them.

This belongs in the backhanded compliments thread.

ShadowBoxer

MBTI Type
Enfp
Enneagram
My (on and off)ESTJ man is very charismatic . While he is very rigid, and his jokes always follow the same lines, that doesn't mean he isn't funny or interesting.

His feelings are always a puzzle to be solved and behind his outright jerkiness, he has a good heart, although it belongs to one or two people, to hell with the rest of the universe. But even that makes me feel good, because it means you have been chosen, and are somehow special. He says to me sometimes when I get down on myself: 'You can't be that bad, I'm with you, aren't I?'

He provides an order to my madness, just like I provide and x element to his routine. In day to day life, we function well in action, even though we have to be very careful when we speak not to misunderstand each other. As far as emotional goes, it takes a lot of extra work on my part to keep us healthy. As far as physicality goes (finances and whatnot), it takes a lot of extra work on his part to keep us running smoothly. It works out, we just need to both be self aware, and are quite happy using our strengths and taking care of the weaknesses in each other.

He is a complete douchbag, which since I have a cynical and sometimes morbid sense of humor, it works for me. Sometimes, though, (many times) I have to draw moral lines for him.

As far as interest goes, I like to see the meaning behind things, but I find I can make a better big pictures if I have all the details I miss that he fills in for me. We will have long discussions on topics on which we have complete opposite perspective, and I find this fascinating and downright fun.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yes... everyone knows that it's inTp that everyone loves! You are so cute, yellow and furry. :hug:

"Mommy, I can keep this one? Pleasepleasepleaseplease!!" :tongue:

note to xNFPs: (Just kidding, I'd never love anyone else but you! :wubbie:)

^Habba your such a player. Your giving us ISTJ's a bad name! :doh:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
PeaceBaby! You have an ISTJ, too. How neat is that?

I've sometimes called mine "The Rock to my Kite." He keeps me anchored and I lift him out of the rut. (Well, a little.)

Truth is the man is rock solid. Trustworthy, always equipped for any emergency and willing to help anyone, anytime. An INFP couldn't get so lucky.:wubbie:

And, yes, sometimes he annoys the heck out of me. But that's my problem. ;)

^ Maybe I need to find myself an INFP instead? :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you to everyone for answering!

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
I am planning to marry an ISTJ very soon. One of the best things about him is that he is not a perfectionist like me. He is very tolerant and accepting.
I appreciate his trustworthiness and steadfast nature. I love being with another introvert who can handle times of quiet and solitude, and who understands that I need those very much in life.
When we have an issue to work through, he is able to do it without drama. He can handle criticism from me easily and is able to logically approach a relationship problem
as something we need to work on. So I can sit down and discuss things with him and he
doesn't bring all this draining emotion to the table.
Life with him is very peaceful and stress-free.

earthangel

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Here's a typical Saturday morning convo at our house (I'm married to an ESTJ btw):

Hubby: What do you want to do today?
Me: I don't know, what do you want to do?
Hubby: Well, is there anything you need me to do?
Me: I was thinking about planting some more flowers in the garden today.
Hubby: I wasn't thinking about doing that today (grumbles for 5 seconds then cheers up) ... where do you want the holes in the garden? Do you need me to buy some mulch? How deep will you need the bed to be?
Me: *answers questions, hubby then proceeds to execute plan*

What is not to love about that? Honestly, it took me a few years to figure out that if I provide the plan, he will always be a partner in it. He's happy, I'm happy, we're all happy! (Please note though my hubby is not a robot and he CERTAINLY has an opinion about almost everything!)

I love my SJ. He's not the most romantic guy, and we don't have daily deep or profound conversations, but he is always there for me - loyal, honest, straightforward, hard-working and dedicated.

That's why I love you guys! I have many SJ friends too and I love that they are straight-shooters who say what they mean and mean what they say!

So there!

That is so cute. That's seriously what its all about, making plans work and making people happy. :newwink:

Anyone that thinks SJs are only capable of being those horrid SJs we NTs rail about (including myself) is severely underestimating the enlightened ones. A great SJ can be a more interesting and spectacular person than the average NT. Often we refuse to even believe they are SJs, trying to push another type on them.

Thank you. I couldn't agree more.

callmemigs

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'm not generalizing but most SJ's I've met are annoying because they are such control-freaks!

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Blackcat and FireyPhoenix - OK, I'll try to stop worrying so much about stating obvious things! I guess even if I did happen to say something slightly redundant only half of the people listening would notice it was redundant and most wouldn't really mind, so I'll work on loosening my filter a bit... :-D

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NOTE: THIS THREAD IS FOR NTs AND NFs WHO ARE CURRENTLY WITH AN SJ NOT THOSE WHO ARE SEEKING TO BE WITH AN SJ OR OTHERWISE.

What do you like about your SJ?

I am curious because, beyond liking the SJ loyalty and sense of responsibility, it's hard for me to identify how Ns relate to SJs. I can see how SJs could like Ns but I can't see how the opposite works. Please help enlighten me.

I like the SJs sense of pragmatism.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I live with my ESFJ grandmother and its unbelievable how closed minded she is..

It sounds mean but I'm always arguing with her. Shes so illogical and clingy to what she believes no matter how much logical explanation goes against her. We have completely opposite views on almost every debatable topic.

Generation differences, strong opinions, and completely opposite types (INTP vs ESFJ) makes for an argument at every word we speak to each other practically.

pecan111

mmm...

well, i see an ISFJ man, a few years ago, I would HAVE NEVA'
:shock:

but now I am in a different place. I agree that conversations just don't have the same oomph! that I get from another N, especially NF's, but I can get more of that from friends.

What I really like about my SJ is ...
--incredibly generous with me, helps me around the house,doesn't complain, just gets up and does it.
--doesn't make me do everything alone. HE HELPS!!! What a blessing!
--very kind and caring
--isn't a wuss...he can cry, but he doesn't cave or wimp out when there is a confrontation to be taken care of
--will stand up for me
--won't allow others to take advantage of me, thank GOD!
--loves my kids and has taken pains to include them in things. been a better role model than their own father(ouch!!)
--is very expressive emotionally. I have previously known this type and they were very clingy, but this one has had a different life and career and he has been alone alot. really helped him develop. is a single, custodial parent as well.
--wants me to do things for myself like massages, facials, etc...really wants me to be happy
--very affectionate
--loves to show me off to family, friends, public, proud to be with me
--pays me very nice compliments that are truly from the heart
--makes efforts every day, wow!!! he is a real gentleman
--listens to me and doesn't tune me out(that can be a challenge, i know:cheese:)
--asks about MBTI and how it works- i am pretty good with a lot of psychological things due to whole life history- has helped him understand his son who is challenging him greatly right now
--loyalty and honesty!! Just lovely
--different chemistry but I am so glad I took a chance and he did too..it really is pleasant so far

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, pecan. That just goes to show you that any two types can work out if they are both considerate enough and want it to work!

pecan111

Wow, pecan. That just goes to show you that any two types can work out if they are both considerate enough and want it to work!

Yes, we both want it to work...we both do work at it..we value each other and our very different contributions to the relationship...It is wonderful to finally get to a place where each of us is hopefully mature enough to realize that we can truly appreciate our differences...we go slowly so we can really get to know each other....also, we possess key values that are similar and dedication to our partnership.

man, i am so grateful to have met this man...i am careful not to idealize him and i ask him to do the same. i think we do a pretty good job of it by taking our time and communicating throughout...he does realize that it is the foundation of a relationship bec. if you can't communicate at all, you won't ever be able to truly resolve issues, and every one knows there will be issues at times...

thanks for the opportunity to express my positive feelings about this situation...it was nice to be able to say such nice things about him...

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
ive been in a relationship with an isfj girl for 2 years now

what i love about her is her level of empathy, the amount of caring/affection (a lot of which is physical), and she is very loyal

i know she isnt intuitive like me but it doesnt bother me because i know that her s preference helps me in some way to deal with the real world. she is a bit of a neat freak though