• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Which are your flaws ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This forum is full of "SJs this, SJs that" posts, so am wondering about one thing.

Which are your flaws ?

I am interested in how SJs see their flaws and how entire thing looks like from their perspective.

Also I am aware that SJs are quite wide group so I will ask for personal opinions about personal flaws.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Sometimes I can be a little too perfect.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it's a good question, Antisocial One, and it deserves to be asked.

The real problem with answering, for me, is that I'm always on the lookout for my flaws so that I can cut them out (but sometimes I'm conflicted about their pros and cons, or realize I don't have the energy to fix them). It's hard to narrow the question down to selected areas because it's kind of a continuous process in everything I do. Not meaning to sound too serious...but then again, this isn't really a happy, smiley topic.

There is probably a general list I can give, though, of things I'd like to improve about myself. Maybe later.

Well, it's a day later, and I've tried to think of stuff but can't quite put everything into words, so I won't. I'd want you to see the whole thing instead of just a part of it.

Last edited:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm aware of my flaws. I think about them often and how they could affect others.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
-procrastinator
-bad listener
-confrontational at times
-lazy
-irresponsible

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
-I'm too shy towards people I actually want to know. I'm not afraid to speak up in front of a class, but I get rather anxious when trying to talk one on one with someone.

-I think I project my expectations of myself upon others too often, which can cause much disappointment

-I'm not spontaneous enough, although people being spontaneous towards me can be pretty irritating...

-I often come across as robotic in that I generally don't exhibit grand expressions of excitement or sadness

-I'm too wordy. It can be appropriate for business situations, but when I get too wordy in personal conversations, people perceive it as rather strange.

-I seem to get obsessive when enamoured with someone, which is definitely the last thing I want to be. Who would want to hook up with a stalker? I certainly wouldn't.

Last edited:

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
- Sometimes my bluntness can be tactless when I don't really think about what's coming out of my mouth.

- I can be too self-conscious and shy around others when I know I shouldn't be bothered by what other people think about me.

- I can be a stubborn know-it-all sometimes.

- Like Just_another_istj said, I project my high standards on to others...which isn't really fair to them.

- When in a fight, I always want the last word.

- I complain too much...but when I complain I just do it in a sarcastic/funny tirade-sort-of-way that really isn't meant to be taken seriously by those around me. It's just a way for me to let off some steam. However, most take it seriously and probably get annoyed with me.

- I am a serious procrastinator, but I don't really see this as a flaw so long as the work gets done to the quality expected. I just work better under stress...I'm much more productive that way.

- I rarely seek out adventure in my life...that's what my extrovert friends are for. I should be more adventurous and spontaneous on my own.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
-Very Shy :peepwall:

-Terrible with the ladies (at least when it comes to getting a date):doh:

-Procrastinator (When it comes to things I don't like):happy:

-Potential to be Stubborn

-Tendency to go into ISTJ Chaos mode (temporary loss of rationality) if
certain things bother me/distract me from my list of priorities.

-Usually need (tested-to-work) DETAILED instructions/procedures on how to do something

-Linear thinking. ;)

-I can also be blunt at times, though I try to keep it under control. But seriously, sometimes the truth hurts, get over it! :D

-And I use too many emoticons for an ISTJ.

I'm sure there are more minor ones but I cannot think of them now. I don't even know if they are related to the ISTJ type anyway, could just be me. You should make a thread about our pro's now! Your making us look bad! :spam_laser:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Yes. Too many emoticons. You are such an ISFJ. Go be one with the Pebbles girl over there. You'll get along great. I only do a lot of emoticons if I get in an emoticon mood.

My flaws, though?

I think way more than I talk. If I start trying to force myself to talk instead of thinking before I speak, I come across as incredibly blunt and inconsiderate. It's like trying to mock an ESTJ.

I need detailed instruction how to do stuff.

I have little patience for people who don't understand something that I do.

I hate it when things happen too fast that I can't process them.

I hate it when things are happening so slowly and I don't know exactly what to expect.

I'm nearly incapable of acting on impulse.

I have little patience for small talk.

I get bored listening to other people venting.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yes. Too many emoticons. You are such an ISFJ. Go be one with the Pebbles girl over there. You'll get along great. I only do a lot of emoticons if I get in an emoticon mood.

Screw you, Raz! Your just jealous! :azdaja:

I would say you have a point, but, I truly am an ISTJ. I'm just not the type of ISTJ that runs around worried that the sky is falling!:headphne:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Screw you, Raz! Your just jealous! :azdaja:

I would say you have a point, but, I truly am an ISTJ. I'm just not the type of ISTJ that runs around worried that the sky is falling!:headphne:

The sky isn't falling. The world is just too emotional.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
The sky isn't falling. The world is just too emotional.

^ Yes, but as long it isn't directed at me, I don't care. :) I only use the emoticons so people can tell the tone of voice I am using, rather than just assuming I am a "serious" ISTJ all the time.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
^ Yes, but as long it isn't directed at me, I don't care. :) I only use the emoticons so people can tell the tone of voice I am using, rather than just assuming I am a "serious" ISTJ all the time.

:steam:

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
ISTJ fight!

:popc1:

...It's like a bunch of teenage girls wrestling in the mud.

G

Glycerine

And why do you say that? :huh:

You guys just are...

(It was not supposed to be a backhanded compliment, I was just trying to incorporate it in the context of the thread since it was talking about flaws)