• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Which are your flaws ?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Umm...that's not at all what I was referring to. My point was that what you see as "doing things wrong" may not be perceived by other types as "wrong" at all, and therefore they may not even be trying to do things your way. It would be a mistake to assume that this behavior is unintentional or somehow rooted in lack of understanding of the way you want things done. They may understand what you consider to be "the right way" but choose not to comply.

But if one, or several parties are involved and think negatively of it, it screams out "wrong way!" to me at least. Failing to take account the other persons can't be the right way, now can it? This also goes for the SJs too. We should NOT push rules and regulations on people who feel uncomfortable with them.

EDIT: Fixed a bad typo. :D

sade

The previous conversation gave me a rash.
The internal sense of right and wrong that you lot posses is interesting, but I have to say.. that just try and be subtle about the rule pushing on other types, okay?
Good. :)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
habba?
I've been wondering.

Are you kidding ? Or do you seriously believe what you're saying.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
What? Clever just means finding a way around the problem. I guess as an SJ I like to take the problem head on and deal with it, that way it won't come back to haunt me in the future. :) It can be a bitch but someone has to do it!... Tough as nails, mate!:devil:

Clever means finding new ways. You may be the best ever at organizing with what you have you'd still be in the middle ages only with 'really well constructed catapults' with that sort of thinking. And what's all that bullshit about 'someone has to do it' I hear all the time. You only 'have to do' what concerns you, the rest is just you invading people's lives.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
habba?
I've been wondering.

Are you kidding ? Or do you seriously believe what you're saying.

No, I'm not kidding. I'm serious.

Am I incorrect if I say that people should take into account other people while making their decisions, if their decisions affect those people?

EDIT: Oops, I just noticed my typo... no wonder you disagreed with me :D

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
And what's all that bullshit about 'someone has to do it' I hear all the time. You only 'have to do' what concerns you, the rest is just you invading people's lives.

Yeah, pretty much so. It's dangerous to intervene into lives of others, but sometimes (but only sometimes) it is a necessary. Like if you see a parent yelling at a kid, it might not be a good idea to intervene as you don't know the situation, but if the parent is actually physically abusing the kid, then it's time to intervene.

earthangel

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I really need to learn how to do multiple quotes, lol.

I share several similar flaws that people have mentioned.

Like Recoleta:

- Sometimes my bluntness can be tactless when I don't really think about what's coming out of my mouth.

- I can be too self-conscious and shy around others when I know I shouldn't be bothered by what other people think about me.

- I can be a stubborn know-it-all sometimes.

- Like Just_another_istj said, I project my high standards on to others...which isn't really fair to them.

- When in a fight, I always want the last word.

- I am a serious procrastinator, but I don't really see this as a flaw so long as the work gets done to the quality expected. I just work better under stress...I'm much more productive that way.

- I rarely seek out adventure in my life...that's what my extrovert friends are for. I should be more adventurous and spontaneous on my own.

Like Raz…:

I'm nearly incapable of acting on impulse.

I hate it when things happen too fast that I can't process them.

I hate it when things are happening so slowly and I don't know exactly what to expect.

I need detailed instruction how to do stuff.

Like Habba…:

- I'm not generally interested in people. I've got high standards for my friends, if people won't meet those, I'm not interested. Especially I'm not interested in the lesser people.

- I'm not flexible. If it wasn't planned, it won't happen, at least not on my watch. Well, I'm trying to get rid of this habit, but every then and now I catch myself saying "no" to spontaneous and unplanned things.

- I'm afraid of random things. For example, sometimes I too afraid to go school's dining hall alone. What if I can't find an empty table? I'd have to sit on someone else's table, and that would be really awkward. I mean, what would they be thinking about? They'd think I'm some kind of weirdo who's trying to get into their group.

LOL that makes me seem super flawed :doh:. Awkward? Heh...

In addition, I:

- Tend to avoid talking about important things if I'm afraid its going to hurt someones feelings or make them think less of me.

- Put others needs in front of my own too often.

- Become upset at myself if I don't make someone constantly happy, almost to the point where my own happiness relies on how happy and pleased I can make other people.

- Am exhausted by own courteousness and may be antisocial not only because of my shyness and lack of spontaneity, but because I know if I make new friends I'll have new people I have to stretch myself thin for and try to please

- Lose contact with many friends because I simply want to be alone or just concentrate my energy on a few friends at a time. People contact me so often to hang out and I'll always make some excuse. "ah i already took off my makeup, i'm not leaving my house"

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Clever means finding new ways. You may be the best ever at organizing with what you have you'd still be in the middle ages only with 'really well constructed catapults' with that sort of thinking. And what's all that bullshit about 'someone has to do it' I hear all the time. You only 'have to do' what concerns you, the rest is just you invading people's lives.

I'm not talking about invading people's lives. I'm talking about certain problem's, and fixing them for the greater good. Like..... global warming for example: Politicians (on both sides of the isle) have been dancing around the subject for years. Why not just create a campaign to attack the problem head on?:huh: The day will come when we value our planet over our money....

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll agree with other SJs that I "hold other people to the same standards I hold myself." It means that if they're using my method of doing something, I know just how to compare their success with mine. But if they're using a different method, they'll have to prove that that method will even work. They'll probably have to achieve a greater success to "convince" me that their way can work better.

That is, generally speaking.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But if one, or several parties are involved and think negatively of it, it screams out "wrong way!" to me at least. Failing to take account the other persons can't be the right way, now can it? This also goes for the SJs too. We should NOT push rules and regulations on people who feel uncomfortable with them.

EDIT: Fixed a bad typo. :D

Well, that's way too vague to make any specific statements about. Surely there is a wrong way to accomplish certain goals, but there are lots of situations where there's no good reason to listen to dissenting opinion from certain people. I could go for a long time about this, but I'm sure you get the idea, and I applaud your point about not pushing rule systems on others who don't want them. Go forth and teach others!

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I'll agree with other SJs that I "hold other people to the same standards I hold myself." It means that if they're using my method of doing something, I know just how to compare their success with mine. But if they're using a different method, they'll have to prove that that method will even work. They'll probably have to achieve a greater success to "convince" me that their way can work better.

That is, generally speaking.

Cimarron is right for the most part. This is a big downfall sometimes although it can be a a good thing too. A sword that can fall both ways. :doh: