• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Which are your flaws ?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm attempting to be playful.

Earlier in the thread I felt the urge to correct Habba's english. He used the word 'meat' when he meant to use 'meet'.

Oh, I missed that completely. :steam:

How likely do you think it might be for an ISTJ to mistakenly mistype themselves as an ISTP? Like say, out of the stubborn insistence that they do not feel, and thus, their decisions have to be fact based? (Only my take on someone else's logic)
Does this sound conceivable? Does it even make sense? I'm just curious about your opinion...

But wouldn't that stubborness make you J? :D

I'm not quite following your logic there, but for myself I think SPs and SJs are quite different from each others. ISTP has Se, ISTJ has Si... I definately have Si.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I'm attempting to be playful.

Earlier in the thread I felt the urge to correct Habba's english. He used the word 'meat' when he meant to use 'meet'. So I made a pun on the topic's subject by saying I corrected his flaw. Then you said, "What about my flaws." So I further played the pun by correcting the grammar in your post. I removed the emoticons also to play on the idea that an ISTJ using too many emoticons was a flaw. Then you asked if I really fixed your flaws. To which I replied, "Yes, but unfortunately I can only fix your flaws one post at a time... You can't expect me to perform miracles." By saying this I admit that I cannot fix your flaws. Then I added the latter sentence to playfully imply that your flaws are unfixable and therefore you are doomed.

In other words, I'm teasing you ISTJs. :hug:

^ The good news: LOL! Habba had to be corrected! :harhar:

The bad news: You can't be playful with us in such a subtle way! You MUST use emoticons so we know you are playing! :) Like Habba, I totally missed his typo. :doh: And why can't you perform miracles? After all, I thought you were an NT! I thought NT's could do just about ANYTHING? ;)

You and raz, silly. :alttongue:

^ Raz and I are fighting? :huh: Nooo us ISTJ's have to stick together, you N's are on the prowl looking for our every flaw! Just admit it! Take Habba for example, he made an innocent typo and you damaged his reputation! :yes: There just is not pleasing you N's! :(

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
And why can't you perform miracles? After all, I thought you were an NT! I thought NT's could do just about ANYTHING? ;)

Only INTPs. But we won't, because its too much work.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
More good news! I've managed to completely de-rail this topic. ;)

...FINE! If you don't want to play anymore... :(

Do any other SJ's find being curteous very energy draining at times? My patience wares VERY thin at times and recently it has been getting worst. I just can't stand it when people don't do things right the first time.... over and over again. :doh:

Once or twice or even three times I can live with, but can't people learn?! :huh:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...FINE! If you don't want to play anymore... :(

Do any other SJ's find being curteous very energy draining at times? My patience wares VERY thin at times and recently it has been getting worst. I just can't stand it when people don't do things right the first time.... over and over again. :doh:

Once or twice or even three times I can live with, but can't people learn?! :huh:

You might be making a mistake by assuming that they share your passion for doing things right (not to mention your conception of what is "right" in the first place.)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
sounds like fun.

Who do I have to beat up hug to join the conversation ?

There just is not pleasing you N's! :(

Ns ?
Mean?
Why?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I just can't stand it when people don't do things right the first time.... over and over again. :doh:

You might be making a mistake by assuming that they share your passion for doing things right (not to mention your conception of what is "right" in the first place.)

Yeah, people don't learn themselves. Someone has to stand up and point to their flaws. INTJs are good at this, but we ISTJs can fare quite well too, if we just learn to be blunt. :jew:

sounds like fun.

Who do I have to beat up hug to join the conversation ?

Hug Davey, or try to beat me up.. either will work.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hug Davey, or try to beat me up.. either will work.
I'm a bit picture guy, could easily do both.:D

Yeah, people don't learn themselves. Someone has to stand up and point to their flaws. INTJs are good at this, but we ISTJs can fare quite well too, if we just learn to be blunt. :jew:
And how do you define what's the right way?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
And how do you define what's the right way?

My path? :yes:

Seriously tho... I think the path that is least wrong is the right way. But that's a subjective truth, as the truth always is.

A path that includes mutual respect and empathy can't be that bad, but isn't necessarily the right one either. One should always look for a more correct way of doing things. And I think this is the meaning of this thread... to understand what you might be doing wrong, and how you could improve it.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
My path? :yes:

Seriously tho... I think the path that is least wrong is the right way. But that's a subjective truth, as the truth always is.

A path that includes mutual respect and empathy can't be that bad, but isn't necessarily the right one either. One should always look for a more correct way of doing things. And I think this is the meaning of this thread... to understand what you might be doing wrong, and how you could improve it.

Aw?
Crazy coincidence!
I'm starting my own cult too !

:D

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Eck, you can beat Habba up, or give him a hug. Sorry but, I'm just not the huggish type. Anyway, 99% of the time there is a right and a wrong, ISTJ's have a keen sense of right and wrong so it gets annoying when people do things wrong. :yes:

I know it's not fair to say because techincally speaking it's the same as holding others to our standards, but really, three times in the same situation you would think people would learn! :doh:

Habba is right, we don't like to point out peples flaws, unless we are really the blunt type, which I am usually not. I think we just end up fixing it for them and moving along. Perhaps that is why we are the "inspectors"? :shock:

I have learned how to turn my bluntness on and off though. It usually get's used with people I am unhappy with at the time and it can also come out as or with sarcasm. :cheese:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Well..

I have a mild temper..
I have mood swings quite frequently
Sometimes, I'll goof off a little too much..but only on rare occasions
I'm really lazy, and procrastinate too much.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ

OK, maybe it's not THAT high of a percentage. But...you know what I meant, usually there is a right and wrong. Even if it's a cache 22, one way is must slightly better than the other. If not, you grit your teeth and you push your way through the situation at hand. Well, that's what I do. :yes:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
OK, maybe it's not THAT high of a percentage. But...you know what I meant, usually there is a right and wrong. Even if it's a cache 22, one way is must slightly better than the other. If not, you grit your teeth and you push your way through the situation at hand. Well, that's what I do. :yes:
not really no.
the better is the enemy of the totally new and awesomely cleva

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
not really no.
the better is the enemy of the totally new and awesomely cleva

What? Clever just means finding a way around the problem. I guess as an SJ I like to take the problem head on and deal with it, that way it won't come back to haunt me in the future. :) It can be a bitch but someone has to do it!... Tough as nails, mate!:devil:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Umm...that's not at all what I was referring to. My point was that what you see as "doing things wrong" may not be perceived by other types as "wrong" at all, and therefore they may not even be trying to do things your way. It would be a mistake to assume that this behavior is unintentional or somehow rooted in lack of understanding of the way you want things done. They may understand what you consider to be "the right way" but choose not to comply.