• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] What do we SJs have in common?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
How do you SJs react on people who don't follow the news, aren't interested in the world events and have absolutely no interest in politics (won't vote, for an example)?

I've never voted (except for Lord in Eurovision contest. :headphne:), and probably never will. I'm up to date to the world events, but mostly because I'm so keen on picking up facts from everywhere. I have no interest in those at all. And I never watch news from the TV.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do you SJs react on people who don't follow the news, aren't interested in the world events and have absolutely no interest in politics (won't vote, for an example)?

I've never voted (except for Lord in Eurovision contest. :headphne:), and probably never will. I'm up to date to the world events, but mostly because I'm so keen on picking up facts from everywhere. I have no interest in those at all. And I never watch news from the TV.

That's perfectly fine by me. I don't follow the news either.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Nuh uh. You SO got distracted by pretty flashing lights.

^What?! When! I'm just an observant fellow. I NEVER get distracted! :alttongue:

I don't follow the news all the time, I do however pay attention to the major things that happen. You know, like the plane crash in Buffalo,NY only an hour and a half away. :cry:

It's up to other's whether they want to watch the news or not. Not a problem with me! But if they do watch it and pay attention to current events it does add a sense of responsibility in them, in my opinion. :cheese:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What do SJs have in common?

How about... "we like to keep things together," is that vague enough to cover it?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

How about... "we like to keep things together," is that vague enough to cover it?

Sure, because it's vague enough to include types outside of SJs as well.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ

^ Yeah there ya go Cimarron, way to use your N. :thumbup:

Here's a question: Whenever I screw up, I can go on a silent rant about myself and really beat myself up over it. I have no problem with taking the consequences and being responsible for my actions.

Does this sounds familiar? :huh:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Yeah there ya go Cimarron, way to use your N. :thumbup:

Here's a question: Whenever I screw up, I can go on a silent rant about myself and really beat myself up over it. However, I have no problem with taking the consequences and being responsible for my actions.

Does this sounds familiar? :huh:
What do you mean "however"? How are those two things opposing each other? I agree strongly with that, but probably not everyone does.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
What do you mean "however"? How are those two things opposing each other? I agree strongly with that, but probably not everyone does.

OK I'll fix it! :steam: Jeez, what are you an English major?! :doh:

Anyway, you know what I meant. Just answer the question man!

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:D Like I said, I agree strongly with it. Your statement is true for me.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
My ISTJ wouldn't miss the news. But he consistently gets it from the same source, at the same time of day and then discusses it with other STJs so he doesn't get much of a broad interpretation.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
My ISTJ wouldn't miss the news. But he consistently gets it from the same source, at the same time of day and then discusses it with other STJs so he doesn't get much of a broad interpretation.
Now that you mention it, my ISTJ dad is a news junky... He also gets his information from the same places everyday but usually from 5-10 different sources.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
That seems like a good idea. To choose from several sources. Apparently not all ISTJs do it my husband's way, then.

That raises the question: Do ISTJs tend to look to each other to reinforce their views? Oh heck. I think everybody does that. Are they more likely to do so since there are so many of them? I often get the feeling from ISTJs that "That's the way we do it because that's the way it's always been done because that's what works." That kind of thing.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now that you mention it, my ISTJ dad is a news junky... He also gets his information from the same places everyday but usually from 5-10 different sources.

The ISTJs I know also watch or read the news faithfully, usually from the same source.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
The STJs I know also watch or read the news faithfully.

Hmm, mine never watches the news, and despite being a registered democrat and votes that way all the time, has republican views and ideals.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, mine never watches the news, and despite being a registered democrat and votes that way all the time, has republican views and ideals.

Oopsie, I forgot to say ISTJ, instead of STJ. That said, I'm not implying that all ISTJs watch the news or are republican. I used to be like your STJ, until someone I know pointed it out to me and then I aligned how I voted with my views and ideals.

The most scrumptious kinda J evah!

Aww, thank you, darling. :blush:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Well I'm a conservative republican and I think it may have something to do with being an ISTJ (or vise-versa)... however, I don't vote by party, I vote for what I believe is best for the country! :)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I'm a conservative republican and I think it may have something to do with being an ISTJ (or vise-versa)... however, I don't vote by party, I vote for what I believe is best for the country! :)

Right on! That's the best way to do it.