• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] What do we SJs have in common?

earthangel

MBTI Type
ISFJ
The main thing all SJs have in common is that they are Sensing and they also have something in common that they all have that is called Judging.

Ah, your lemony wisdom. I think it was such a given no one even bothered to mention it, lol.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, and Hmm, we all care for other people's feelings to some extent. You know we do. :bye:

I know YOU do.

You guys seem to be missing the point.

The main thing all SJs have in common is that they are Sensing and they also have something in common that they all have that is called Judging.

This is just too easy! We want it to be something magical and profound. lol

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I care about peoples feelings too, Hmm! ;)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I HATE being driven... I MUST drive. I can't help it! :cry:

I understand this sentiment but she is a bad driver. Well not bad. Just doesn't go fast enough, and I can never be sure she isn't paying as much attention as I am. This comes back to my personal control issues...haha. I don't like not being in control of myself.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
This question just came to me since there was this thing "SJs don't like metal music". I don't find myself very similar with ESFJ or ESTJ... But we all have Si playing very important parts in our lives, so that's gotta tell something.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
All SJs will have the following in common:

-Si as one of their main two functions.
-Te or Fe as one of their main two functions.
-Ne as one of their two inferior functions
-Ti or Fi as one of their two inferior functions.

I think you forgot to say that Ni is completly foreign to them.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You are reliable and there when needed. I'ld never change my best friend for anyone.

deleted
I know YOU do.

This is just too easy! We want it to be something magical and profound. lol

I see Sensing and Judging mixed together and I know exactly what to expect. There are no words to describe.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
i was wondering, are there any SJ who actually REALLY likes theories?
i have yet to meet one. Most of them are really horrid at it, or they get bored to death if i start talking about it.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see Sensing and Judging mixed together and I know exactly what to expect. There are no words to describe.

Is that a good or bad thing?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i was wondering, are there any SJ who actually REALLY likes theories?
i have yet to meet one. Most of them are really horrid at it, or they get bored to death if i start talking about it.

Cimmaron seems like he kinda does but I could be wrong.

I don't mind theory but I get lost quickly if I can't see any practical application of it, but if I like you as a person, then you can talk about it all day and night and I'll listen enthusiastically, even though I might be slow to 'get it'. If you can tolerate my stupid questions and comments, then we're good.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Please elaborate if you can, dear Magic. :)

I just mean that Keirsey heavily over-simplified the different types.

Keirsey is the one that mainly conceived and popularized the SJ "temperament", and as such, also created the descriptions from which most people now get their impression of SJs. But Keirsey describes the whole SJ temperament in a fashion more like the ESTJ than anything else. It creates a narrow picture, unrepresentative of the other SJs, most of all being the ISFJ.
The most obvious two ways that come to mind is that Keirsey seems to paint all SJs as more attached to a status quo than the ISJs really are, and as more legalistic than the SFJs are.

One might say that Keirsey's main way of drawing four categories was by simply crushing three types each into the person of one other type (respective to the temperament). But he wasn't even balanced in doing this, as he allowed the most variety to exist between NTs. For SJs, he described the least variety, and so they all supposedly have more in common than their functions and attitudes really produce (but then, Keirsey discarded the functions and attitudes altogether).

Last edited:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Magic Poriferan, I love your name!

Last edited:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just mean that Keirsey heavily over-simplified the different types.

Keirsey is the one that mainly conceived and popularized the SJ "temperament", and as such, also created the descriptions from which most people now get their impression of SJs. But Keirsey describes the whole SJ temperament in a fashion more like the ESTJ than anything else. It creates a narrow picture, unrepresentative of the other SJs, most of all being the ISFJ.
The most obvious two ways that come to mind is that Keirsey seems to paint all SJs as more attached to a status quo than the ISJs really are, and as more legalistic than the SFJs are.

One might say that Keirsey's main way of drawing four categories was by simply crushing three types each into the person of one other type (respective to the temperament). But he wasn't even balanced in ding this, as allowed the most variety to exist between NTs. For SJs, he described the least variety, and so they all supposedly have more in common than their functions and attitudes really produce (but then, Keirsey discarded the functions and attitudes altogether).

That's very perceptive of you. :) I think you are right.