• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] SJs on NTs (no puns intended)

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hello SJs *waves like kid on irn bru*
I wanted to know your views on NTs. To hate or love?
Especially on specific types! and especially on intps!
And also how do you deal with NTs in general?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Don't know any INTPs.

I know three ENTPs tho... They are all a lot of fun. They have vivid imagination, and can come up with new, exciting and ingenious ideas. But they are very hard to work with. Their methods leave little room for others (at least in my case) to give their input. They make a lot of noise, and don't seem even care about it. Sometimes it's little bit annoying, since it might be completely inappropriate. They are great for fun, but not as good for anything else.

And I think I know remotely couple of INTJs. They are nerdy, intelligent, have terrible interpersonal-skills (they are usually very straightforward with their opinions, and don't mind about butchering someone logically). They are great working alone, but due to their lack of communication skills, they are little use for team-work.

And I don't think I know any ENTJs. I might know couple of border-cases. They are like their ENTP partners, but are more conventional and serious. Far more efficient as workers, but at expense of fun-factor.

So, NTs are good for few things, but as whole I think I shun them little bit.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I think my mother is an INTP, but she may be the only NT I know. She is emotionally distant, has no grasp on time, intellectual, unforgiving, protective, and selfish at times. She is also dedicated and independent, but at the cost of having no authority figures. As a rule, I prefer the down-to-earthness that NTs may lack.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
My gf is an ESTJ. I think she loves me. Although gets frustrated at times with my Pness.

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hmm. My best friend is an ENTP. We have never had a real fight that I can recall, and for the most part we get along very well. It is actually something we both have to work at pretty hard though, b/c I am VERY J and she is quite P. Our communication styles are very different also, with her N and my S. I appreciate that she always says exactly what she's thinking (I am weird - I like blurters) and she has a lot of energy and is what I call a "vivid" personality.

Other ENTPs I either get along with well or avoid as much as possible.

Not sure if I really know any INTPs well.

The one ENTJ I am sure of as far as type is funny. He is super serious and very smart and wants to talk and argue all the time. I tend to have a lot of already set conclusions about topics or, if they are philosophical topics, I might just think they are a waste of time, so I am not the best person to have conversations with him. I like listening to him go back and forth with other people, though. A lot of people are really intimidated by him (a doctor) but he is a nice guy, just doesn't know how to care about people's feelings really well.

I love, love INTJs. Pretty much any time I meet a new person and we start talking and can't stop, it's almost certain to be an INTJ. Very cool people! They are I's so I can get my thoughts in also, and their ideas and ways of thinking make it easier for me to communicate what I think. I end up being a chatterbox around them :D

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
And I think I know remotely couple of INTJs. They are nerdy, intelligent, have terrible interpersonal-skills (they are usually very straightforward with their opinions, and don't mind about butchering someone logically). They are great working alone, but due to their lack of communication skills, they are little use for team-work.

Exactly .. they are not the most tactile of people and it can be seen as a personal attack .. Dont question their logic .. you are not smart enough .. Emotionally they are head then heart and dont expect a message/letter/email proclaiming their love, you should know this so they dont have to show it .. But on the good side .. they will listen to your problems and find a solution .. Thats about it at the moment ..i am sure they have other good points .. lol

ehastin1

MBTI Type
ISFJ
my entj friend is the best friend i've got. super funny and super aggressive. i get along with some entps more than others. intjs are super weird and i get along really well with intps

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Don't know any INTPs.

I know three ENTPs tho... They are all a lot of fun. They have vivid imagination, and can come up with new, exciting and ingenious ideas. But they are very hard to work with. Their methods leave little room for others (at least in my case) to give their input. They make a lot of noise, and don't seem even care about it. Sometimes it's little bit annoying, since it might be completely inappropriate. They are great for fun, but not as good for anything else.

And I don't think I know any ENTJs. I might know couple of border-cases. They are like their ENTP partners, but are more conventional and serious. Far more efficient as workers, but at expense of fun-factor.

So, NTs are good for few things, but as whole I think I shun them little bit.

I guess you never met an INTJ in corporate business have you? You will find one almost always somewhere in the higher corporate ladder that is involved with corporate planning/strategy. Many Generals are INTJ's also.

If you find a macro thinker who is always acting in a strategic way, then you have yourself an INTJ most of the time.

Last edited:

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmn... I think I'll do the opposite of this thread: NTs on SJs (with puns intended! :devil:)

I've seen (and for that matter lived with) ISTJs from both sides of the spectrum: very unhealthy to well adjusted. Unhealthy ISTJs, in my opinion, can be summed up in one word: cruel. They are easy to piss off and are frequently overreacting to minor problems. They tend to be very verbally abusive if not physically. I like reasonably healthy ISTJs very much and tend to get along with them well. I find their Si very useful and I admire them for their intelligence. At times I find that I don't have a lot to talk about with them but they are nontheless fun to pal around with. They are also fun to do activites with.

I like ISFJs a lot, although I don't know many. I know this one ISFJ who is fun to chat with and very helpful. But it annoys me that he will jepordise the productivity of a project just to make sure everyone's feelings aren't hurt. He also has difficulty saying no to others, like he can't even say it.

I don't always like ESTJs when I first meet them. They have to grow on me. But I find them entertaining and fun to debate with. My close friend's father is an ESTJ and I get along with him but he is a dick. Everyone he knows will say the same. Oddly a good person to come to for advice.

I don't know enough ESFJs to make a judgement about them.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hmn... I think I'll do the opposite of this thread: NTs on SJs (with puns intended! :devil:)

I've seen (and for that matter lived with) ISTJs from both sides of the spectrum: very unhealthy to well adjusted. Unhealthy ISTJs, in my opinion, can be summed up in one word: cruel. They are easy to piss off and are frequently overreacting to minor problems. They tend to be very verbally abusive if not physically. I like reasonably healthy ISTJs very much and tend to get along with them well. I find their Si very useful and I admire them for their intelligence. At times I find that I don't have a lot to talk about with them but they are nontheless fun to pal around with. They are also fun to do activites with.

I like ISFJs a lot, although I don't know many. I know this one ISFJ who is fun to chat with and very helpful. But it annoys me that he will jepordise the productivity of a project just to make sure everyone's feelings aren't hurt. He also has difficulty saying no to others, like he can't even say it.

I don't always like ESTJs when I first meet them. They have to grow on me. But I find them entertaining and fun to debate with. My close friend's father is an ESTJ and I get along with him but he is a dick. Everyone he knows will say the same. Oddly a good person to come to for advice.

I don't know enough ESFJs to make a judgement about them.

Thank you for that .. A bit of an eye opener even if i was reading it thinking yes yes yes .. I do overreact and i can be cruel with words .. INTJ's (hubby) i wish would show a little emotion more often .. they can be such caring people at times of need .. and when they are not needed but just wanted .. are so distant .. Such a shame .. then it just looks like i am needy .. which i am not .. Just wanted ..

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
a question to you estj's
what could you ever find attractive about an intp?
seriously
i dont think anything but ive got an estj with stars in their eyes.
dahh, it must be physical. actually my humour seems to woo just about everyone, but still - we're so different and im not attracted to estj at all.
funnily enough, i think theyve jsut mistaken me for someone else.