• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] ISFJs and talking about farting or poop

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think there are people who REALLY DO want more SJs on the forum (like me for instance) but you're right, I think are definitely people who would prefer to use this as their safe haven from the evil SJs who have oppressed them in life. It's likely those same people have been given much in life by SJs and are not very grateful for it.

Thanks, Jeffster. You're always so supportive of people. :wubbie:

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My ISFJ friend might talk about poop or farting occasionally, but i probably talk about it more and find it more funny than he does.

come on!! farts ARE funny.

heart

heart on fire
Oh I don't know about that lol that's why the taps are always on when I go to the toilet, I would hate for someone to hear me.

I just don't understand the whole "poop loving" community. My sister even goes to the toilet whilst her husband is in the bath, and just does what she needs to do infront of him.

Spare me from that kind of openess thanks. :rofl1:

+1

There can be too much *closeness* in life.

I used to work with people who gave a full reporting to each other (and to me for some odd reason) when they returned from the front. In detail. :sick: :rolli:

There's always people (not sure what personality type prevails, if any) who cannot keep their minds out of the intestine its product. Everything comes down to that in conversation. It gets really, really old.

Do you find it embarassing? Or is it a courtesy thing?

I run the overhead fan in the bathroom for both reasons. We're no longer base animals, why not make life less raw when possible?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The truth is, not very many people actually want SJ's on this forum because they already know what SJ's think from the real world. It just eases their minds to say or think they want SJs on the forum since this is supposed to be a forum for all types. What's actually more important to them though is to have a special place where they can ridicule SJ's without guilt or blow off steam about them, especially xSFJ's cos they're the easiest.

:(

How are people here supposed to understand differences if they can't interact in a positive way. More SJs round there 'ere parts would be good.

In reference to the OP they are obviously not ISFJs, they never do that. Ever. I'll have you know ISFJ females poop rainbows.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ISFJ MiL doesn't even like the word "crap" and "fart/poop" are the dirtiest words in her vocabulary, so bad she either avoids them or laughs nervously when she says them.

Is she a MiL-ILF?

ehastin1

MBTI Type
ISFJ
i talk about farting and poop a lot. actually i can relate most things people say to something dirty and if i point it out jokingly its usually taken the wrong way lol

pecan111

LEts go back to some fo the first two pages of comments...like someone said before...this topic rocks.
i am laughing my ass off!!!!! or should I say pooper off

this is so funny.!!!!!!!!!!!!

earthangel

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm an ISFJ and hell no. Whenever anyone even says words like that, not to be stuck up or anything, but I immediately lower my opinion of them because it always gets to some sad immature level. There are so many ways to try to be funny, u can be witty, clever, just plain observant in an awesome fun way. Poop jokes = ultimate lame.

Seriously its one of my highest pet peeves. Not this ISFJ!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Almost every ISFJ I have gotten to know has mentioned fart or poop. Isn't that a little inappropriate for a girl to be ranting on about? I mean, wow. Has anyone else ever gotten this?

Eww! I hope not all of them do that.

I really don't think it's something that should be mentioned unless necessary, regardless of gender. It's... not something I'd want to hear about while eating, let's put it like that.

Although I think it's strange that ISFJs would be more prone to this than other types. I kind of had the impression that they were... well, polite and civilized. Especially considering they're only one letter off from me. Are you sure they were ISFJs?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
My father was an ISFJ, I think.

He was a very principled man, leader in the community, had good values and morals. And poop jokes were his absolute favorite. Is this an ISFJ thing? I didn't know that.

Maybe it was a counterpoint to his straight-laced ways?

Anyway those kinds of jokes always bring out my naughty little girl to play and she falls all over herself laughing at the absurdity of a normal human functon

What is that anyway? Maybe it reminds me of my dad.

That by itself is funny. "Poop reminds me of my dad." Heh.

His favorite?

Ole was walking down the street all bent over. Lars yelled, "Hey Ole, vhy are yew valkin' all bent ofer like dat?"

"Uffdah, Lars, I yoost pooped my pants."

"Vell, vhy don't yew straighten up then, now?"

"Becuss, Lars, I ain't done yet."

Snicker, snicker, snicker. :smile:

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
Okay, this thread is funny. My ISFJ wife loves poot jokes. "Walter the farting dog" is a staple of our nightly reading to our kids.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't mind talking about it but I'm sure no one really wants to know how big my biggest turd was yesterday. of course I'm not an ISFJ. Though I can't poop while on the phone.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I for one would like to have lots and lots of SJs on this forum.
I want to know what we have in common and what makes us different. I'm especially interesting in conversing about this with an ISFJ.
To get back to the original topic of this thread... talking about farting or pooping... I don't really remember conversations on that topic from any personality type that was... um... mature...
(I'm not sure if I can place myself in that category...:devil:)

The truth is, not very many people actually want SJ's on this forum because they already know what SJ's think from the real world. It just eases their minds to say or think they want SJs on the forum since this is supposed to be a forum for all types. What's actually more important to them though is to have a special place where they can ridicule SJ's without guilt or blow off steam about them, especially xSFJ's cos they're the easiest.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Ewww, a poop contest.
So much for my theory about "mature" people not being interested in conversations about bodily waste!:blush:

I don't mind talking about it but I'm sure no one really wants to know how big my biggest turd was yesterday. of course I'm not an ISFJ. Though I can't poop while on the phone.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm far from mature. but it happens pooping i mean, and really isn't that terrible if you think about it. I mean we do wash our hands when done, and who doesn't look in the toilet and goes "I made that? saweet!" and I hate when people don't flush, it's not that hard to press the lever down.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I share the sentiments that fart/poop jokes are unsophisticated and childish.

However, in regards to ISFJs, I find that they are notorious for telling people to chew with their mouths closed, roll up their spaghetti with the fork, and stuff like that.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
That was my point about my father, Uber. I'm thinking that he was always so proper about everything that a poop joke was the naughtiest thing he could think of when he needed to let off some steam.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That was my point about my father, Uber. I'm thinking that he was always so proper about everything that a poop joke was the naughtiest thing he could think of when he needed to let off some steam.

Oh, well I didn't read your post. I just gave my two cents.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:(

How are people here supposed to understand differences if they can't interact in a positive way. More SJs round there 'ere parts would be good.

In reference to the OP they are obviously not ISFJs, they never do that. Ever. I'll have you know ISFJ females poop rainbows.

lol Trinity :wubbie:

In response to the OP, it really depends on the circumstance. A well-placed joke from the right person and in the right company can be funny even though it's not my favorite brand of humor and I don't use it. It can quickly and easily put me off if taken too far too.