• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJ-ENFP Relationship Starter (Help!)

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Raz, I think you should start a new thread, that way we can seperate the ISTJ-ESFJ relationship from the ISTJ-ENFP. I'm not sure who Habba directed his last post to, though. :huh:

Would I be more interested in an ESFJ than in an ENFP? :shock:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Would I be more interested in an ESFJ than in an ENFP? :shock:

I've had my run in with a girl I think was ESFJ.... at first I was interested in her and she was very physically attractive. I really thought things would work out. We even went out to dinner! Although, according to her it wasn't an official "date". But there is whole story to that. Raz should start a thread, maybe he would find it interesting? :shock:

ENFP's are waaaaayyy more attractive [to me at least]..... :cheese:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
It's just the SJ similarities that pull an ISTJ to an ESFJ. They're just so stuck in society's influences, though. Maybe I need better ENFPs though that have longer attention spans.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well i disagree...did you read it?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I read it. I fixed my post. *points up*

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay...well i'm not going to argue about it but conflicting fits and the other one doesn't and i trust my actual experience more.
and...people don't agree on socionics so never mind.

edit: yeah...read your link again and people just really shouldn't believe that.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
That's what it says...

I guess you have your own version of the system, then.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no raz...i really don't. i don't know enough about either to argue about it. i was simply going on what jack told me...he told me to read the istj/enfp thing on there, i did and it sounds right...but maybe i'm wrong...all i know is from my experience it feels conflicting and not at all complimentary.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
ISTJ in MBTI uses Si/Te. ISTJ in Socionics uses Ti/Se. They're different.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJ in MBTI uses Si/Te. ISTJ in Socionics uses Ti/Se. They're different.
i know that's the accepted truth raz. i said i wasn't going to argue with it.
don't try to argue with me! :devil: :smile:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I'm not arguing. I'm pointing out the correct information.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Show them no mercy, Raz! :D They deserve it, treating us poor ISTJs the way they do.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
shush you.

i really am just trying to help. i think it's important that people not be deluded and think the enfp/istj combination is as pretty as the picture your link described. it is not. any relationship can work if the people involved want it to...but i do believe it is one of conflict...it is not an easy match like yours describes...it will be constant work forever and you've got to be crazy about each other to care enough to do it.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
It's different for every ENFP-ISTJ couple. Some ENFPs may handle all ISTJ behaviour very well. Some ENFPs (like me) don't. Every relationship requires work. Most ISTJs will need to learn to be more flexible with their ENFP significant others and most ENFPs will need to learn to be less indecisive and fickle with their ISTJ significant others.

A theoretical psychological construct will never determine the health of potential relationship. That depends entirely on the idividuals.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
lol. and ENFP and an ISTJ fighting on the ISTJ-ENFP relationship thread..... that just isn't good.

Don't back down raz! Habba is right! They deserve it!:cheese:

I can honestly say though, even after all this. I want an ENFP even more than I did before! :shock: She texts me now and we have "fun" conversations.... it wasn't like that before?! She seems much more relaxed when talking to me. She also is smilling more at me and enjoying my jokes more.:doh: Oh well, apparently it won't work out because she is just not interested enough. If she were though, you can bet it WOULD work. There is not doubt that I have the ability to "handle" an ENFP... the question is... can the ENFP handle a wild ISTJ like myself?! ;)

Time to move on to the next victim. :devil:

[So uhhh.... hi amargith... whatcha doin this weekend? ;)] LOL!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
dave...i do think if an istj liked all the silly ways of an enfp then it COULD work. it's just a problem if you decide you're ready for them to grow out of it because they probably won't.....imo. so good luck to ya.