• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJ-ENFP Relationship Starter (Help!)

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Aren't you very low on T ?

If our local relationship professionals are to help you I think that they should now this if this is true.

Good luck.

I: 33%
S:38%
T:50%
J:67%

^Is that relevent? :huh:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
^ talking to op guy? and why does that matter in this situation?

1. Yes I a talking to a OP guy.

2. Since two are opossite it could be easier to find common ground then in a case that the ISTJ is strong thinker.

What I am thring to say is that few of you as ENFPs are maybe not giving him the perfect advices since you predict predict more F/T conflict and braking the ice in that area.

3. I did this exactly so that I come in situation that I can ask: Don't this kinds of things play a role in situations like this one?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh yeah...they might but i was just speaking from an enfp girl perspective...his type was irrelevant to me.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Well those are the results from the other day, I took the test 2 months ago and the results are this:

S: 12%
T: 38%
J: 67%

Are you saying I should be asking the ISTJ's what to do rather than the ENFP's? :huh:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't know that it matters...because you just wanted to know how she might see things right?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
S:38%
T:50%
J:67%

^Is that relevent? :huh:

Because of you avatar I have rembered that you have said that you are not too high on T. But it look that you are not that much low. On the other hand you use a lot of this these :). ENFPs like them.

I will not give you any advices since I am not good in giving social advices.
At least I think I am not.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
i don't know that it matters...because you just wanted to know how she might see things right?

Yeah I wanted to know how she would see things. This is awefully confusing to me though. I guess I should have expected it to be! ;)

And thanks for trying Anti. :)

I like using these [:);):cheese::D:doh::shock:] because it adds a little color to the conversation...and it also helps make sure noone takes something seriously what I mean to be sarcastic. ;)

ENFP's really like them? I noticed Erin has not used many.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i wasn't bein my usual jokey self...that's why silly. :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a bit late on the chiming in, but WH and Erin have definitely got this one down.

To add my two cents (though you've been told this in some other way already by my dear collegues):

Get to know her first, in a friendly way, and give yourself as well as her a chance to figure out if this is actually a person you'd want to move forward with. The more casual you do this, the better, imo. As for texting her, as long as you keep it lighthearted, and she replies regularly and tells you that she doesn't mind you msging, feel free to do so. It's all about keeping the connection alive.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Absolutely agree Amargith... Lighthearted is the key to our complex hearts!

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think that's where I'm at right now. I don't know if sending her a friendly text message would annoy her, or if it would entice her to feel more comfortable with the friendship idea.

And to me, a date would be going out for dinner or going to a movie. Is that adequate?

By all means, text her. Broach any friendly way possible, you must find out if she is truly interested in you. But I'm just warning you, in my aforementioned case we blew each other's phones up with text messages. It's not necessarily going to change the way you feel about each other. So do what you need to do, but remain level-headed, and give her room, don't smother her with attention.

And yes, invitation to a private dinner would be considered a date proposal to her. She may be an ENFP, but she's not stupid. Good luck.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I quite like a bit of smilieage! :D :wubbie: :hug: LOL

Let's not get carried away Wild. The [:wubbie::hug:] just aren't my style, if you know what i mean. ;)

We have been texting all night and the conversation has gone from our pets to her love of chocolate.

I'm pretty sure she's an ENFP as she said "...I love chocolate chips they are different shapes!..." I'm not 100% what she means by that statement but I like it. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ haha...that's sweet that you like it.. :)

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
^^ haha...that's sweet that you like it.. :)

lol yeah ever since I noticed how much ENFP's like drawing and coloring hearts and flowers and other silly things on their notebooks and binders during lectures in grade school they are the ones who draw my curiosity the most! :cheese: After all, what exactly IS the reason you ENFP's are almost all the time happy? What am I missing out on?! :huh:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's a weird thing right...it's people i think...for me anyway...i'm happy when i'm around interesting people or learning something interesting...or doing something creative.. :)

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
it's a weird thing right...it's people i think...for me anyway...i'm happy when i'm around interesting people or learning something interesting...or doing something creative.. :)

Sooo being around interesting people automatically makes you want to draw hearts and flowers? Hmmm.... I should take notes on this! Maybe I should take her to a museum! ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
literal energy buzz yeah...to the point where i can't sleep or wind down for awhile after ....and love museums..anything creative is probably cool...but you know her...i don't so i don't know what i'm talking about with all that.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sooo being around interesting people automatically makes you want to draw hearts and flowers? Hmmm.... I should take notes on this! Maybe I should take her to a museum! ;)

Being around people and getting to know them makes us feel alive, as it gives us intense good feelings. The same goes, at least for me, for aestetically pleasing things, so depending on the museum and the interests she has, a museum can add to that. For me, fairy tales and fantasy games and such, for instance, allow my imagination to run wild, creating a more intense, colorfull and vivid image of the world, which is hence aestetically more pleasing to me, and makes me happy. I'd say our main goal is enjoyment and pleasure, therefore we're always gonna try and be happy somehow...

edit:the chocolate chips are a very small example of this, I guess. As they're different shapes, they're always original, hence making them more interesting than something that always has the same boring shape. That makes it sorta 'aestetically pleasing', I guess you could say :D

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Being around people and getting to know them makes us feel alive, as it gives us intense good feelings. The same goes, at least for me, for aestetically pleasing things, so depending on the museum and the interests she has, a museum can add to that. For me, fairy tales and fantasy games and such, for instance, allow my imagination to run wild, creating a more intense, colorfull and vivid image of the world, which is hence aestetically more pleasing to me, and makes me happy. I'd say our main goal is enjoyment and pleasure, therefore we're always gonna try and be happy somehow...

edit:the chocolate chips are a very small example of this, I guess. As they're different shapes, they're always original, hence making them more interesting than something that always has the same boring shape. That makes it sorta 'aestetically pleasing', I guess you could say :D

Wow, what a perspective. Makes me want hang around open minded ENFPs now. Everything sounds all nice and dreamy. I should vacuum all of my gloom away, lol I feel like a cynic.