• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs, what are your thoughts on the other types?

D

Dali

Tell me what you think about SPs, NTs and NFs.

Bonus questions: your favourite and 'least favourite' types and why. Don't hold back! ;-)

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From what I've seen in real life, mostly:

NFs: Usually can't find much common ground, and just can't seem to communicate well. I guess it's the "mysterious" air they have that (once in a while) intrigues me, but usually the road is too bumpy to stay on.
NTs: Usually get along well, and are interesting to me. We can get along well most of the time, but sometimes they do annoy me.
SPs: Usually get along well, these often turn into good friendships. :)

It's hard to tell when you consider groups that large, so this is pretty vague.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I like being around different types. I only dislike when people are prejudiced against SJs, although I am pretty close on N/S. Some types seem to hate ESFJs for no good reason.

Unique

From what I've seen in real life, mostly:

NFs: Usually can't find much common ground, and just can't seem to communicate well. I guess it's the "mysterious" air they have that (once in a while) intrigues me, but usually the road is too bumpy to stay on.
NTs: Usually get along well, and are interesting to me. We can get along well most of the time, but sometimes they do annoy me.
SPs: Usually get along well, these often turn into good friendships. :)

It's hard to tell when you consider groups that large, so this is pretty vague.

an SJ that likes SPs! :D

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I don't like ESTJ. ENFP can either be really cool or unbearable. INFP needs to get a haircut, a shower, and a grasp on reality. ISFJ is awesome. Most of this probably depends on the person though.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
INFP needs to get a haircut, a shower, and a grasp on reality.

Ah, but I personally think that the ISTJ needs to sleep in, grow his hair out, and not be afraid to live in their head for a little bit. :cheese:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If such things can really be generalized:

Types I get along best with:

ESTP, ISFJ, ISFP, ENTP (most of the time), INFP (mostly)

Types I find friction with:

ESFJ (seems to either go very well or quite the opposite), ...I can't think of any really where it happens consistently. I mean I'm trying, but I can't think of much. ENFP and ESFP can be very tiring, you know the old story.

Some reasons for the best fits:

ESTP = They like to talk, and I like to listen. We seem to share humor. More than probably any type, I bond well with these folks.
ISF_ and sometimes ESFJ = Always there to support me. Kind, caring, gentle, but most don't have the "doormat" syndrome, either. Great to talk to when you're feeling down.

T-Guy

MBTI Type
ESTJ
To be honest, I don't appreciate people who are irresponsible, uncommitted, disorganized, and untruthful. I found "P"s in general are hard to deal with.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I've gotten along best with INFPs, ISFJs, ESTJs, INTJs and ISTPs.

INFPs have this off the wall humor and are quite animated, but there's something about them that I just click with. They're like ENFPs but I can handle them since they're much more reserved. We just find this mutual comfort in just being with each other.

ISFJs are basically like me, but are instead geared toward people. They focus their skills toward helping other people. The fact that they're so calm, organized, directed, AND friendly which is what I lack makes me turn into a puddle around them.

ESTJs can go either way. I've had two ESTJs as teachers and they're just so frustrating. I've worked with an ESTJ and it was really fun. We both had the same goals in mind, but worked toward them in slightly different ways. He was able to get the ball rolling on things while I handled intricate details. I liked the partnership aspect because of how we complimented each other.

INTJs are really just intense geeks. I've learned to appreciate the N side of things without the help of MBTI, so I can blend in with INTJs easily. They're still so distant.

ISTPs are cool people. They have the same reality based outlook and the ability to understand how things work from a manual labor point of view. I really admire their technical skills. They can figure technical things that involve using their hands easily which is just awesome.

The types I have a problem with....

ENFPs and ESFPs come to mind first. They're all over the place. They're random. They connect everything to Fi which makes me feel slowed down so much. However, they're really great to help you see the lighter side of life.

ESFJs, oh God. They're like walking charm school teachers. They're always on my back about how I act toward people. I regulate my actions on my own, I don't need them telling me what's right or wrong. They show me that just because someone is able to be organized and purposeful doesn't automatically make them interesting people.

INFJs, I haven't encountered many of them. I know one that I talk to on a regular basis and I think the world of her. She has the same tendencies toward me though that other INFJs have had. They tell me to stop contemplating and being so serious and go do something worthwhile.

As for temperaments, it depends on the person. NT is the first one that comes to mind that I can click with right off the bat. However, the only thing that gets in the way is when I can't think quickly enough for them and they get bored of me. I find NTs the most intriguing out of the four temperaments. Next would be SJ, then SP, then NF. SJ's tendency to have it together gets me in. SP's, though, they always look at me with this look of, "Why are you so fucking serious?" NFs I just have to take in small doses because I don't have the energy to deal with the idealistness all the time.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I find that I get along with ENFP's the best

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like being around different types. I only dislike when people are prejudiced against SJs.... Some types seem to hate ESFJs for no good reason.

I agree. There are awesome individuals and annoying individuals in every type I'm finding out.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree. There are awesome individuals and annoying individuals in every type I'm finding out.

It appears another poster has found the light!

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1

Yeah except those damn ESTPs. They're all crazy. I mean, I know this one ESTP who called me a bad name so they're all bad, right?

(also I'm joking :))

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah except those damn ESTPs. They're all crazy. I mean, I know this one ESTP who called me a bad name so they're all bad, right?

(also I'm joking :))

lol it's true (that people stereotype)

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ

lol what is that for? did I mention they can also drive me crazy sometimes? But then again, that's probably why I like them so much! They are the epitome of what I used to be. ;) But what I am no longer. :cool:

And if your wondering what that means, you will have to read the other thread. (the ISTJ-ENFP thread) ;)

D

Dali

an SJ that likes SPs! :D

Huh? Two of my four closest pals are SJs.

But then again, I do derive a lot of enjoyment from doing things purely to shock them. :p

If such things can really be generalized:

Types I get along best with:

ESTP, ISFJ, ISFP, ENTP (most of the time), INFP (mostly)

I find that I get along with ENFP's the best

Wow, for some reason, I thought NFPs and STJs would barely get along. Interesting to read this. :yes:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I don't know what you're doing differently, Dave. I get along with ENFPs fine on a superficial level, but the main issue comes into play when we get closer and the morality difference hits us hard.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
raz...i think it's cuz he appreciates the enfp ways...and you it bothers....maybe? that's the trick...you have to accept people as they are to get a long with them.