• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs in Popular Fiction

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you thinking the narrator figure is SJ, what with the whole importance of family thing? (Sorry, I never played BioShock.) If so, I agree with that. I like that first ending a lot - of course, I'm the type of person who can't really play Grand Theft Auto because I keep thinking "I'm breaking the rules! Cops should be the good guys!"... I know, lame, right?

Also, Hermione from the "Harry Potter" series is a total SJ. Can't think of any others right now.

deleted
I wish I could play Bioshock on my laptop, but it's too much work installing Windows on bootcamp :(

I love you Bioshock.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From a movie that came out recently, he may be an ISTJ caricature:

Walter Kowalski in Gran Torino as played by Clint Eastwood.

Think that's accurate? It's rare to see an ISTJ main character.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
From a movie that came out recently, he may be an ISTJ caricature:

Walter Kowalski in Gran Torino as played by Clint Eastwood.

Think that's accurate? It's rare to see an ISTJ main character.
He's ISTP. There are many reasons for that I won't go into, but he's not ISTJ because an ISTJ would handle certain situations about as differently from he did as you possibly can.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, that sounds plausible.

Determind

MBTI Type
INTP
I was mostly considering the hero of the first ending as an SJ. It seems unlikely that the other types would be able or willing to sacrifice for the sake of a little sister, with the only reward being a family. An sp would do what it takes to survive, and the various Ns would be too corrupted by the 'potential' of power as shown by the nuclear sub endings. An SJ hero resists the corrupting allure of power and the immediacy of his own needs for one of life's simpler and possibly nobler pursuits. As a video gamer, bioshock was my most immediate and easily accessed example of an SJ hero.

I could think of others, but outside of video games I'd have some troubles.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
In popular fiction? Think of every single parent portrayed in the "strict' role in this ages movies for teens.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
NCIS: Agent Gibbs... probably an ISTJ because that's what I'm like.... and no, that's probably not a good thing. :doh:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Typelogic.com says that these fictional characters are ESFJs:

Babbitt (Sinclair Lewis)
Hoss Cartwright (Bonanza)
Leonard "Bones" McCoy (Star Trek)
Monica (Friends)
Haleh (ER)
Donald Duck
Rabbit, Winnie the Pooh
Miss Piggy

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Typelogic.com says that these fictional characters are ESFJs:
etc etc

Interesting. Each of the characters on that list that I'm familiar with, I would describe as... cranky. Is that typical of ESFJs - that they seem cranky? I only know one, and she isn't like that, really.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
He's ISTP. There are many reasons for that I won't go into, but he's not ISTJ because an ISTJ would handle certain situations about as differently from he did as you possibly can.

I disagree. ISTJ.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A large amount of old school superheroes.

Word. :yes: Superman=ESTJ.
Also, Christopher Foyle from "Foyle's War"=ISTJ, as are many other TV and film detectives.
Mma Ramotswe from the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series might be an SJ. ESFJ? ISFJ? Dunno. And her secretary is TOTAL SJ.