• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs - what do you want from Santa??

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
What are the best Christmas gift ideas for ISTJs? Particularly men....

Thanks!!!

fishingdude

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Something practical like a gift card to a place I shop at. Either that or something to add to whatever I'm collecting at the time.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know. It depends a lot on the person, I think. Here's something to help: Probably the most common complaint I have with bad gifts is "I'm never going to use this."

If you like to give your presents a personal touch, that's fine. I can appreciate that. Getting too mushy would be going overboard, but it could still be sentimental or something.

Last edited:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Something practical like a gift card to a place I shop at. Either that or something to add to whatever I'm collecting at the time.

I don't know. It depends a lot on the person, I think. Here's something to help: Probably the most common complaint I have with bad gifts is "I'm never going to use this."

If you like to give your presents a personal touch, that's fine. I can appreciate that. Getting too mushy would be going overboard, but it could still be sentimental or something.

I was going to come in here and be goofy and say "Something practical :sadbanana:" BUT you guys did it for me :rofl1:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was going to come in here and be goofy and say "Something practical :sadbanana:" BUT you guys did it for me :rofl1:

^ that's funny. lol

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
What do I want from Santa? His blessing in my request for Mrs. Clause to give me a lap dance...

Really, an iPhone and I think I'm getting it. :)

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
A date with a college aged ISFJ. I originally wanted a thesaurus, but I just went and bought one myself.

But, seriously, I despise the whole gift giving process. The fact that you're getting me a gift for Christmas just means the purchase was provoked by the holiday, thus the meaning behind it is trivial. It'd be different if I were in a relationship, and I were lusting for someone, then all rules would be thrown out the window. If I really wanted something, I'd just get it myself. Though, part of me likes the gift giving process because it's an incredibly efficient way of showing you what the other person thinks of you and your relationship with them along with giving you a glimpse into how they think.

I'm done ranting. I get random gifts for people. That's scored me more brownie points for a certain someone than a Christmas gift would.

Ehh. Gah. I guess a gift card to a place I shop at a lot. Maybe an Amazon gift card? Don't waste time trying to pick out a non-sentimental item, because I don't want to have to deal with telling you that it sucks. My sister bought me a box of cologne with 3 small bottles of various colognes last year. I told her I couldn't stand 2 of them, and the other was too small of a bottle to be worth the money likely spent on the gift. So, she returned it and I got a bigger bottle of a different brand of cologne.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ If you're broke all the time, like me, :D It helps to have a set timeframe for gifts. It makes balancing my budget uber easy.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
^ If you're broke all the time, like me, :D It helps to have a set timeframe for gifts. It makes balancing my budget uber easy.

I just look at my budget, say, "I don't have money." and go back to what I was doing.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:( I thought you were giving out presents *deflates*

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My literal Christmas list this year, which I came up with eventually after people insisted on getting me something:

1. New strap for my bass guitar. The old one keeps falling off while I'm wearing it. Preferably the thicker kind, because the thinner kind isn't strong enough to support the weight of the guitar, and it hurts your back more. Also, no flashy designs, I don't need flames drawn on it.

2. One of Keirsey's books. :doh: Typology stuff.

3. An HBO mini-series. I don't know if it's been put on DVD, and I haven't looked for the price, so basically I told them to use their judgment in regards to price.

4. If they need to get me another gift, two Metallica CDs that I can live just fine without. I kind of like them.

Around a few years ago, I started realizing I had most of the material stuff I wanted. (No, I'm not rich. Lucky to have nice parents, though.) When my parents asked me what I wanted, I said, "Nothing, I'm fine with what I have." It sounds nice, but I mainly meant it in a serious way.

I don't know how this could help you out, as it seems really dependent on personal taste. The trivial presents, that is. The much more important gift is you spending time with him.

That's the tricky part about getting him that one thing he's always wanted, that he's been talking about. He might have already bought it himself, or planned to buy it.

Last edited:

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
At this stage of my life, I'd be thrilled with clothing or gift cards (the whole transition into professional/adult world has been quite costly).

Recently, I've been asking for houseware stuff so that when I do finally graduate from school, have a real paycheck and my own place I can live reasonably comfortably and not like a 19-year old in a dorm room -- stuff like drinking glasses, school supplies, basic cookware, a tool kit, a new battery for my car, etc. All are terribly lame presents, but like the other ISTJs have already said, if it's practical and useful, I will love it.

I know most people wait to get most of their housewares at their wedding, but based on the other thread, Lord knows when that'll happen. :rolleyes::nerd:

But if you wanna know what I really want...an adventure/vacation to any continent besides Antarctica would be lovely. :wubbie:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate to break it to everyone, but Santa doesn't really exist.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
I hate to break it to everyone, but Santa doesn't really exist.

Well dang, and here I thought that it was just a great coincidence that Santa and my mom both shared the same illegible handwriting. :cry: :doh:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I just look at my budget, say, "I don't have money." and go back to what I was doing.

Oh, how lovely life would be if I were an ISTJ ..Where's that star-struck emoticon..

Recently, I've been asking for houseware stuff so that when I do finally graduate from school, have a real paycheck and my own place I can live reasonably comfortably and not like a 19-year old in a dorm room -- stuff like drinking glasses, school supplies, basic cookware, a tool kit, a new battery for my car, etc. All are terribly lame presents, but like the other ISTJs have already said, if it's practical and useful, I will love it.

When I was in high school I started buying these things. It kept my antsy wants for moving out at bay, and I felt better prepared. I don't like waiting on other people to make things happen. It really helped out a lot when I did get my apartment a couple years later. Tools would have been entirely useful.

Well dang, and here I thought that it was just a great coincidence that Santa and my mom both shared the same illegible handwriting. :cry: :doh:

(giggling so hard at this still.)

Spectre of the spam

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Nothing intensely. A few things a little bit.

Wait, scratch that, I want world peace, peace through MY superior firepower/