• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Stuck in a rut

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was "stuck in an ISTJ rut", as Anja likes to put it, a few hours ago. I couldn't get anything done, I was just sitting here worrying about how much I had to get done but couldn't get done. Then that turned to broader things...I started to feel lost in life. I don't know what I want, and I don't know who I am. (and no, not in the Typology sense of the phrase) It was a huge downer.

I felt trapped, but I could also feel a lot of energy under the surface, felt like I had to get out and move around. Which was weird, but I always get that every once in a while. Guess that's a sign I keep things inside too long and too tightly.

But after sitting still for too long, I feel a lot of energy. If I'm in a good mood, I just want to run. I do it in the hallway when no one's around, run down the hall when I could just as easily walk. It feels so much better.

When I'm in a bad mood, like I was earlier, I also feel that need to just run. It's weird. So I got up and went outside, walked down the street to get something to eat. It made me feel a lot better. So funny, I don't know why something so simple turned me around so suddenly, but it worked.

Now I'm feeling pretty good. I'm not in the bright mood I was half an hour ago, but I'm not thinking in a continuous negative loop like I was a few hours before. So overall, it's a plus.

And now, I just have to stay focused on my goal.

The End. :cool:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In times like this, when you may feel overwhelmed, it helps to have a short mental break from it. If you can find positive things that temporarily take your mind off it (a change of scenery sometimes works) then you can return refreshed. The things you have to do won't go away, of course, and you will return back to them, but you will have stopped and reset yourself from mentally/emotionally spiriling downward.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Taking some responsibility for myself would help.

Starting now, I'm trying to minimize the time I spend on here. (Ends on December 15th, when my finals are over.) Let's think about this, Cimarron: the board is quiet for most hours, anyway. It has "rush hours", just like a busy city. There isn't much use in visiting more than that.

I bet I could also focus better, if I really tried.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
You mean I shouldn't be posting right now during my math class? It's not my fault they have computers at each desk!

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I mean my English paper is due in 2 hours, and I've barely started the research that goes before it. :blush:

And the teacher gave us no guidelines. I appreciate what he's trying to do, but you know how annoying that can be. But now I think I've finally found a topic to work with.

Anyway, this is where most of my problems start. Nothing unusual, I suppose, just a college student thing.

I have 4 assignments in different classes over the next 2 days, and before I do them, I have to read the chapter in the book that goes with them because I didn't go to those lectures. :doh:

But I think I can pummel these assignments if I focus. Well, at least I'd see improvement.