• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Do SJs have a funny bone?

Snow Turtle

:cheese:

Any SJs here that think of themselves as rather random, compared to their peers?

For me, I find that I can be random in my behaviour. Having said that when it comes to chatting about random stuff I come up with nothing. @_@

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:cheese:

Any SJs here that think of themselves as rather random, compared to their peers?

For me, I find that I can be random in my behaviour. Having said that when it comes to chatting about random stuff I come up with nothing. @_@

Yes... but from what I can tell virtually everyone thinks of themselves as different from the norm. I can't think of one person who does not say that they feel "different", "random", "strange", "weird", "peculiar", "uncommon", "funny", etc. (the list goes on) from everyone else. So if everyone is so "different" than the norm then that means that this thing called "different" is actually normal, and perhaps what we think of as "normal" is just a set of ideas that no one fully practices, yet we may strive for (if that's your thing).

In other words, don't feel so bad if you don't feel like you fit in. Everyone feels that way from time to time. :hug:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
You ask if we have a funny bone, then inquire about being random? What do those have to do with each other other than you viewing humor as being "random."

I can be funny, but it's mostly in the form of sarcastic jabs. Usually when I make people laugh, it's because of my dry humor. Usually things that I find the most hilarious is jokingly going against logic. Usually people take it seriously and it leaves me just thinking, "WTF."

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sure, we laugh too. If you mean "Is our humor drawn from random things, using the randomness as the humor?" then yes, sometimes.

I think what Hmm said is very true, though.

sade

They can be very funny. At least that is my experience.
And I think everyone is random to a degree, different, like Hmm said.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Well, I have an SJ friend with a broken nose...haha...haha...

Obviously, I need my funny bone reset :D

My best friend is ESFJ and I laugh more with her than anyone else I know. We really like coming up with creative ways to insult each other. She's not too random with her humor...I'll have to think about it more to characterize it. When we're together we joke back and forth really quickly, so I rarely remember what she's said after it's all over.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A lot of times, for humor with my friends, I act/say things that are obviously out of character for me. Like I might pretend to be the "tough guy". The contrast to my normal self makes it funny.

Also, being over-serious is funny, taking what people might already think of me and showing them I recognize it, too.

Wow, they sound so much less funny than in real life.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I use heavy sarcasm and it makes people laugh... and I say dumb/random things once in a while.

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
I can be funny, but it's mostly in the form of sarcastic jabs. Usually when I make people laugh, it's because of my dry humor. Usually things that I find the most hilarious is jokingly going against logic. Usually people take it seriously and it leaves me just thinking, "WTF."

i'm like that too. i can also have a bit of a morbid sense of humor, but that's saved for those very close to me or those who may actually get it without being offended or grossed out.

my best friend is an istj and i have her rolling on the floor every time we hang out. she's pretty funny too, but less likely to crack a joke than me.

i picked up my sense of humor from my dad who is an esfp hick. he tells a lot of "dad jokes", which i love.

my boyfriend (intp) has a similar sense of humor to me, so i dunno if this is related to type all that much.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
SJs can be pretty funny. My grandma, an ISJ, had a very dry sense of humor and people often didn't realize she was joking unless they knew her well.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I joke a lot, and I can be pretty silly and random. Most of my humor is related to story-telling; when I talk to people about things that I've experienced, or that someone else has, I act out reactions, and make over-the-top facial expressions. Besides that... I dunno. I say things, and people laugh, and it's nice, even when it's unintentional (as long as it isn't embarassing).

I don't know many SJs, but all the ESTJs I know have funny bones, and the ISTJ I know cracks dry jokes once you get to know her. With both types, though, I think both types spend more time laughing at other people's jokes than making their own (in my experience).

Frank

I joke a lot, and I can be pretty silly and random. Most of my humor is related to story-telling; when I talk to people about things that I've experienced, or that someone else has, I act out reactions, and make over-the-top facial expressions. Besides that... I dunno. I say things, and people laugh, and it's nice, even when it's unintentional (as long as it isn't embarassing).

I don't know many SJs, but all the ESTJs I know have funny bones, and the ISTJ I know cracks dry jokes once you get to know her. With both types, though, I think both types spend more time laughing at other people's jokes than making their own (in my experience).

An esfj that I knew thought someone tripping and falling was the funniest thing in the world.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Isn't Jimmy Carr an ESTJ? He's pretty damn funny. In a morbid sort of way. But that's what makes his material so hilarious.

My ISFJ friend is probably the one person who can make me crack up. Probably because she adapted it to my humour, or possibly the other way round. Our humour is almost conjoined, like we can read eachothers minds. It's strange, considering we're practically opposite in type.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
My humor would be dry/sarcastic. What makes me laugh in others is similar type humor as well as quirks and then charismatically funny if you can pull it off. Some people are just funny, while others attempting the same thing don't quite cut it. I love laughing though.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
My humor often involves cruelty. Like, today, a teacher was talking about how people attached explosives to dolphins and then sent them at ships to attack them. I cracked up laughing when I heard that. It was so cool.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I get a few responses of laughter or chuckles by just either being my normal deliberate precise self or through sarcastic low key comments or cuts.