User Tag List

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default ISFJs and creativity? ISFJ writers?

What are creative ISFJs like? What art form are the most likely to be drawn to? I'm not creative at all but would try to try my hand at creative writing. Any ISFJ writers that someone could recommend so that I could examine or emulate them? Any famous ISFJ poets? Do you guys want to show me anything you have written? You def don't have to. ISFJs arent the most creative types, so do you guys have any tips to get the ideas going?

To the waters of the wild Siúil a Rún's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

I think a great many classical pianists and other instrumentalists are ISFJs. Many of my fellow piano teachers could well be, and I think the personality type would tend towards making them quite ideal at it because there is structure, consistency, sensitivity, and expression. But I think ISFJs would do all the art forms, and the only difference is that they are driven by their internalized sense of the concrete world, so their expressions would have personal and experiential meaning. I understand Si as creating inner constructs of the concrete world, so that the proverbial Thanksgiving dinner is not complete without all the details associated with it. This manner of thinking is ideal for playing complex classical music accurately and expressively. If you can recreate that inner mapping, you have perfection and a work of art.
    I wish I was on yonder hill 'tis there I'd sit and cry my fill, And every tear would turn a mill, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I'll sell my rock, I'll sell my reel, I'll sell my only spinning wheel, To buy my love a sword of steel Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I wish, I wish, I wish in vain, I wish I had my heart again, And vainly think I'd not complain, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    Likes Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by tmk113 View Post
    What are creative ISFJs like? What art form are the most likely to be drawn to? I'm not creative at all but would try to try my hand at creative writing. Any ISFJ writers that someone could recommend so that I could examine or emulate them? Any famous ISFJ poets? Do you guys want to show me anything you have written? You def don't have to. ISFJs arent the most creative types, so do you guys have any tips to get the ideas going?
    I used to write poetry in high school.

Most of the creativity that I do have, when the inspiration hits, is creative writing in the form of fan fiction or D&D world building. I have a home brewed world I've been tinkering (heh) with over the years, even ran a campaign in it a few years ago. While I get occasional bouts of writing and adding Silmarillion-like context to the world, I haven't had any desire to DM in a long while.
    Deered to kill a king's dare

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by tmk113 View Post
    I think ISFJs could be very skilled with their hands to alleviate pain in others. I think they would do great deep tissue massage therapists and physiotherapists.

As for literature, I am not sure but Stephen King might be one. I think their writing style would be quite literal and sensory descriptive rather than abstract or allegorical.

Tempbanned

We Did Not Ask For This Room

We Did Not Ask for This Room, by Stephen King, from 11.22.63

for owen; stephen king

for owen; stephen king: usual — LiveJournal

MBTI
    BELF
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think their writing style would be quite literal and sensory descriptive rather than abstract or allegorical.
    I think that kind of undermines your argument, honestly. Just think big picture and look at King's body of work and his approach and the kinds of themes he focused on as important, with all of its imagery and allegorical theme-wise.

As a point of comparison, an ENTP friend of mine who actually was a great writer reminded me a ton of King's writing style. I was jealous of his ear for dialogue in terms of how people actually speak. I think what an E writer excels at is actually hearing how people talk and getting that level of detail down -- you need a writer who actually pleasures in and listens to the nuances of how people actually talk. INtrovert writers are more internally driven by other processes.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"
    "You can't take a picture of this, it's already gone." ~ "Six Feet Under"
    Likes Siúil a Rún liked this post

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    I think that kind of undermines your argument, honestly. Just think big picture and look at King's body of work and his approach and the kinds of themes he focused on as important, with all of its imagery and allegorical theme-wise.
    Maybe but what kind of allegories for instance?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Stephen King has quite a focus on unseen phenomenon and fantastical other worldly happenings that are mostly internally driven by character's exceptional abilities. He also has some prophetic implications in his writings - extremely future oriented. I would have thought him a Ni-dom. I could actually see him as an INFJ also because of the types of characters he writes. That could account for his ability to observe and internalize human behaviors as they are. Also Carrie is one of the most quintessential INFJ characters ever written. With King, reality is never as it appears.
    I wish I was on yonder hill 'tis there I'd sit and cry my fill, And every tear would turn a mill, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I'll sell my rock, I'll sell my reel, I'll sell my only spinning wheel, To buy my love a sword of steel Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I wish, I wish, I wish in vain, I wish I had my heart again, And vainly think I'd not complain, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Perhaps some of the Bronte sisters or other writers who conveyed their world in very specific ways with the characters being very real could be ISFJ.